Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We are dominating the turnover battle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We lead the league with the fewest turnovers at 1. Meanwhile we are tied for 5th I believe with 9, which matches our total for all of last year.

We are already +8 in turnover differential after only 3 games.

If you can protect the ball and create turnovers, your chances of winning go up tremendously.

Hopefully we can maintain this trend.
Insanely impressive and honestly unexpected
What a welcome reversal from the prior regimes
Your getting actual 1st round production out of Walker and Lloyd. Immediate impact from both players. They are having the type of season that Dak Prescott and Elliott had for Dallas, except on defense, and Dak not being a 1st round pick.

Lloyd and Walker are 2 slam dunk picks. So much for all the draft people saying there is not a true 1st overall pick in the draft.
(09-25-2022, 10:21 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Your getting actual 1st round production out of Walker and Lloyd. Immediate impact from both players. They are having the type of season that Dak Prescott and Elliott had for Dallas, except on defense, and Dak not being a 1st round pick.

Lloyd and Walker are 2 slam dunk picks. So much for all the draft people saying there is not a true 1st overall pick in the draft.

Did you see Travon knock down that pass in coverage?  Barring injury, this kid is head and shoulders worthy of the #1 overall.
(09-25-2022, 10:24 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2022, 10:21 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Your getting actual 1st round production out of Walker and Lloyd. Immediate impact from both players. They are having the type of season that Dak Prescott and Elliott had for Dallas, except on defense, and Dak not being a 1st round pick.

Did you see Travon knock down that pass in coverage?  Barring injury, this kid is head and shoulders worthy of the #1 overall.

He's just scratching the surface of his potential as well. He could be special.
We've got real talent in important areas on Offense and Defense. With the right leadership, it could be special. Eventually having some high picks year after year has to pay off.

I thought it was a CB at first. It was like 20 yards down field.

Two pass defenses this game? I think he swatted a ball at the line too.

What an athlete.

Looked like him last year in the Florida game
(09-25-2022, 09:34 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]We lead the league with the fewest turnovers at 1. Meanwhile we are tied for 5th I believe with 9, which matches our total for all of last year.

If you can protect the ball and create turnovers, your chances of winning go up tremendously.

That would actually make me nervous were I a Jaguars fan… A lot of turnovers are blind luck, and blind luck tends to revert back to the mean over time.
(09-28-2022, 11:59 AM)Eagles1966 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2022, 09:34 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]We lead the league with the fewest turnovers at 1. Meanwhile we are tied for 5th I believe with 9, which matches our total for all of last year.

That would actually make me nervous were I a Jaguars fan… A lot of turnovers are blind luck, and blind luck tends to revert back to the mean over time.

Whaaaaat?  Most?  That’s a unique view.

I'm really worried that we'll only have a 5:1 TO ratio by the end of the season. Keeps me up at night.

That could be true. Yes, I am interested not nervous in what happens when we just can't get a turn over in a game. We will see, but then I will take them anytime I can get them and be happy !
This Eagles guy is something else. If he were a Jags fan he would be nervous about having the most turnovers in the league. If I was an Eagles fan I would be nervous about playing the Jaguars. The Jaguars are dominating the turnover ratio on defense.

And if your really here to talk football, then you know pressure is what causes that blind luck.

Turnovers can be flukey and streaky. 

The Jags '22 defense thus far has shown about 10% "luck," about 20% defenders with a great nose for the ball, and about 70% berating the [BLEEP] out of quarterbacks to obtain theirs.
Doc sports has a fun fact for us! Going back over the last 15 years, teams that have concluded a game with a positive turnover margin have gone 2,394-649-3 and 2,322-690-34. That means teams simply winning the turnover battle also win the game 78.6 percent of the time and cover the spread an astonishing 77.1 percent of the time!

You obviously haven't watched the Jaguars this year.  The turnovers weren't the result of some untouched kickoff returner on the other team fumbling a ball needlessly.  These turnovers were overwhelmingly forced.  Putting excellent pressure on the opposing quarterback will often result in them making poor decisions.
(09-28-2022, 08:39 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2022, 11:59 AM)Eagles1966 Wrote: [ -> ]That would actually make me nervous were I a Jaguars fan… A lot of turnovers are blind luck, and blind luck tends to revert back to the mean over time.

You obviously haven't watched the Jaguars this year.  The turnovers weren't the result of some untouched kickoff returner on the other team fumbling a ball needlessly.  These turnovers were overwhelmingly forced.  Putting excellent pressure on the opposing quarterback will often result in them making poor decisions.

Yup, every one of our takeaways were the result of the Defense causing it one way or another. With either pressure, or getting their hand on a pass and deflecting it causing an INT. I can't remember off the top of my head if Campbell's INT week one was caused by pressure or not, but he made a great play and jumped the route for the INT which still wasn't a fluke turnover or blind luck.
(09-28-2022, 08:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2022, 08:39 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]You obviously haven't watched the Jaguars this year.  The turnovers weren't the result of some untouched kickoff returner on the other team fumbling a ball needlessly.  These turnovers were overwhelmingly forced.  Putting excellent pressure on the opposing quarterback will often result in them making poor decisions.

Yup, every one of our takeaways were the result of the Defense causing it one way or another. With either pressure, or getting their hand on a pass and deflecting it causing an INT. I can't remember off the top of my head if Campbell's INT week one was caused by pressure or not, but he made a great play and jumped the route for the INT which still wasn't a fluke turnover or blind luck.

A tipped pass is a picked pass a lot of the time.
(09-28-2022, 03:12 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]This Eagles guy is something else. If he were a Jags fan he would be nervous about having the most turnovers in the league. If I was an Eagles fan I would be nervous about playing the Jaguars. The Jaguars are dominating the turnover ratio on defense.

And if your really here to talk football, then you know pressure is what causes that blind luck.

Yes some turnovers are caused by pressure some are just dumb luck.
Pages: 1 2