Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hats off to rookie DC Caldwell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had worries after the first game, but he has gotten these guys dialed up.

Great hire.
Won't be here for long at this rate. He's been great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This team has gave up 10 points in the last 2 games. Hopefully we can keep it up against Philly
(09-26-2022, 11:22 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Won't be here for long at this rate. He's been great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'll give him 2 years before he is gone.

He still has to earn his stripes.
He has shown he can scheme pocket passers.

It will be interesting how he handles a mobile guy like Hurts.
(09-26-2022, 11:40 AM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]He has shown he can scheme pocket passers.

That's a great point. The thing I keep pointing out with Hurts. Is he going to play man-to-man or play zone to give his secondary a chance to keep Hurts in front of them? Is he going to spy him with Lloyd? Does he keep Walker and Allen in a more contained role on the outside and look to pass rush more from the interior?

Going to be a very challenging and interesting match up.
(09-26-2022, 11:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2022, 11:40 AM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]He has shown he can scheme pocket passers.

That's a great point. The thing I keep pointing out with Hurts. Is he going to play man-to-man or play zone to give his secondary a chance to keep Hurts in front of them? Is he going to spy him with Lloyd? Does he keep Walker and Allen in a more contained role on the outside and look to pass rush more from the interior?

Going to be a very challenging and interesting match up.
Hopefully he mixes it up to try and confuse Hurts.  Show him multiple looks.  Our D is built for a QB like this with the speed on the edges and the speed at LB. If we can get pressure up the middle
Just have Walker or Allen spy him every play.
Caldwell is dialing up great gameplans and calling the right stuff situationally.

Hats off to him
He is a rising star in the coaching ranks.
(09-26-2022, 06:59 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: [ -> ]He is a rising star in the coaching ranks.

No, no, I hear he kicks players during warmups, berates his assistants, and likes mayonnaise. He'd be an awful hire for any other team.

(just in case any other teams are scouting him via this MB)