Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Jaguars deserved to lose today against the Texans.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Very poor offense - (6 points is all you need to know)

Qb played terribly - (Accuracy concerns)

Poor play calling (got away from the run)

Blown chances (bad throws, bad drops, bad decisions, poor execution)

Walker (stupid play on 3rd and 20)

Overall the defense played good enough. The offense did not show up.
This team....hmmm
Two biggest plays that cost the Jags.

Trevor boneheaded pick in the end zone.
Walker 2 penalty play that would’ve turned the ball over and no tinhorn TD.

Trevor missed some easy throws and Walker was invisible today so they were both inexcusable.
In addition to the obvious; running from a shotgun formation on 4th and 1 behind your backup LG, calling a TE double move on 4th down, abandonment from the run when it works so well and many more.

Trevor was terrible and the loss falls mainly on him but Doug also deserves some criticism here.
(10-09-2022, 04:14 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]In addition to the obvious; running from a shotgun formation on 4th and 1 behind your backup LG, calling a TE double move on 4th down, abandonment from the run when it works so well and many more.

Trevor was terrible and the loss falls mainly on him but Doug also deserves some criticism here.

Leaving Kirk in to block on 4th down lol.  Pederson ain't it either.
Our #1 overall picks failed us today
(10-09-2022, 04:17 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2022, 04:14 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]In addition to the obvious; running from a shotgun formation on 4th and 1 behind your backup LG, calling a TE double move on 4th down, abandonment from the run when it works so well and many more.

Leaving Kirk in to block on 4th down lol.  Pederson ain't it either.

I KNOW...

It's like Trevor and Doug have flashes of amazing plays and playcalling and then something absolutely so head-scratchingly stupid occurs that makes me slightly re-evaluate if they are the right fit. Overall, I think Doug is a net positive for this team but boy does the guy need to clean up those gaffes in playcalling.
Guys…what we have on our hands is a struggling QB. Those quick decisions and getting rid of the ball fast are starting to haunt him.

Trevor’s problem? He’s not reading the defense and hitting the best option. These pre-determined throws are killing this offense. He’s simply not going through his progressions. The way you beat the Jags is to blitz Lawrence. He continues to bail out and not move the pocket.

He looked like an old lady running with her purse on that last Hail Mary. At some point he is going to have to grow up and stand strong in the pocket and read the defense and deliver the football with accuracy.

The QB is struggling. I don’t want to hear the offensive line or the defense that allowed 13 points. We could have prime Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and we would have still lost that game.

On the other side, why so many passes? Run the ball and set up some basic play action. Your defense is plenty good enough.

7 turnovers in just 2 games won’t get you anywhere in pro football.
Should we have turned the sprinklers on to make TLaw think he was in Philly?  Huh
I mean the Offense did show up, they put up 422 total yards vs the texans' 248. They just didn't capitalize on it. Lawrence's INT completely changed the game.
That was an extremely concerning effort. Lowers my expectations for the season greatly back to earth
I dislike the idea of saying "the jaguars deserved to lose". Because in reality, it was the offense. Our defense has kept us in every game this year.
Last week opened my eyes. I was really mad after that loss. Trevor can be great, he’s just not there yet. He has a cannon for an arm, but no touch it seems. He has a bad habit of over throwing his receivers and then panicking when the team is down. I don’t know, the jury is still out I think, but they will not make the playoffs this year. Let’s hope for 7 wins, minimum and then next year make a push for the playoffs, maybe.
(10-09-2022, 04:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]I mean the Offense did show up, they put up 422 total yards vs the texans' 248. They just didn't capitalize on it. Lawrence's INT completely changed the game.

I thought ETN had a monster game. I haven't looked at the stats but he seemed to be everywhere.
(10-09-2022, 05:00 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Last week opened my eyes. I was really mad after that loss. Trevor can be great, he’s just not there yet. He has a cannon for an arm, but no touch it seems. He has a bad habit of over throwing his receivers and then panicking when the team is down. I don’t know, the jury is still out I think, but they will not make the playoffs this year. Let’s hope for 7 wins, minimum and then next year make a push for the playoffs, maybe.

LOL STOP YOU'RE KILLING ME, THE GUY WHO JUST THREW A HAIL MARRY FROM MID FIELD AND BARELY GOT THE BALL TO THE 20??!?!? WHAT THE [BLEEP] ARE YOU LOOKING AT
(10-09-2022, 04:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys…what we have on our hands is a struggling QB. Those quick decisions and getting rid of the ball fast are starting to haunt him.

Trevor’s problem? He’s not reading the defense and hitting the best option. These pre-determined throws are killing this offense. He’s simply not going through his progressions. The way you beat the Jags is to blitz Lawrence. He continues to bail out and not move the pocket.

He looked like an old lady running with her purse on that last Hail Mary. At some point he is going to have to grow up and stand strong in the pocket and read the defense and deliver the football with accuracy.

The QB is struggling. I don’t want to hear the offensive line or the defense that allowed 13 points. We could have prime Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and we would have still lost that game.

On the other side, why so many passes? Run the ball and set up some basic play action. Your defense is plenty good enough.

this is when hes at his best
(10-09-2022, 05:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2022, 04:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys…what we have on our hands is a struggling QB. Those quick decisions and getting rid of the ball fast are starting to haunt him.

this is when hes at his best

That's what he's saying.  It's keeping him from developing the skills he needs to be a complete QB.
(10-09-2022, 05:00 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2022, 04:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]I mean the Offense did show up, they put up 422 total yards vs the texans' 248. They just didn't capitalize on it. Lawrence's INT completely changed the game.

I thought ETN had a monster game. I haven't looked at the stats but he seemed to be everywhere.

10 carries for 71 yards and 3 catches for 43 yards.

They went away from him after Lawrence's INT on the first drive of the 2nd half. They went to Robinson on the next series and had that failed 4th and 1 attempt.

This....I was yelling this...why in the hell do you run that play from shotgun.... Though Trevor had the one mistake on the interception....but most if not all were catchable balls....this offense couldn't catch the ball today....and once again the defense couldn't stop a team on the last drive when it counts.... Walker messed up but it wasn't all on him they had other chances....I saw very little pressure

It would help if the receivers could catch the ball....how many on the last two drives
Probably the most obvious thread title of all time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5