Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why Hillary Could Easily Lose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Contrary to what many on this board think, I am not a Hillary supporter. That does not mean that I can in good conscience support Trump. The man is easily the least qualified and most dangerous candidate to make the final ballot. Ever.

That said, I cannot think of another candidate who has been so invisible on the campaign trail as Hillary. The DNC clearly had the fix in to give her the nod over Bernie whose grassroots campaign inspired millions. The GOP had multiple primary debates while Debbie Wasserman Schulz deliberately curbed the number of primary debates the Dems had as she knew Bernie was gaining steam with each appearance.

It became obvious to me early on that the vast majority of media figures treat Trump differently than the other GOP candidates. He plays by his own set of rules and intimidates the Hell out of the milquetoast, perennial political pundits. He was able to get away with a lot during the primaries and (to his credit) since getting the nod has not taken his foot off the gas. It's been a hot mess, but he is at least out there asking for votes. Hillary's game plan is to let him get the attention and make a donkey out of himself by inevitability saying things that will portray him as: bigoted, ignorant, misinformed, short-sighted, dumb, etc. And he has. He is truly hated by millions. The problem for her is she is almost equally hated. Trump is grabbing all the headlines because he is a megalomaniac who is campaigning his rear end off. It doesn't matter that he is talking out of that same rear end. You'd almost not know who he is running against because she has been mailing in this campaign.

By all logical accounts, she should destroy him in the debates. She has much more knowledge, experience filtering her words and true debate experience. But if she keeps it close, this smug and entitled approach could cost her the presidency. The moderators are on record that it's not their job to keep candidates remotely honest. Trump already says things that are patently false more than any other candidate that has run this year. But his supporters do not care. The race is getting tighter. If she wants to win she needs to come out strong and finish stronger.

America loses either way.
America doesn't lose either way. I will take the candidate who has proven time and time again he can do his job over the candidate who can't.

FYI, America has been losing for the past 8 years.

Trump actually has Pro-American ideas while Hillary is pro-TPP.

there is no way Hillary can engage in a 2-3 hour debate with Trump without coughing her way out of it.  that's one way Trump can win over some undecided voters.

Quote:America doesn't lose either way. I will take the candidate who has proven time and time again he can do his job over the candidate who can't.

Lol, Obama is the highest deporter of aliens this country has ever seen, the unemployment rate is down below 5 % housing prices have increased in almost every market, the auto industry and supporting industries in the USA are thriving and American owned. And millions of poor working class people now have health insurance.

All with a Congress that has filibustered everything for the last 6 years...

As for the topic. I am not a fan of Clinton, she's a moderate Republican on economic issues.

But as kotite has pointed out. There's no way I'm voting for an authoritarian megalomaniac with a tendency towards bigotry.

Just not going to happen.

But let's face it. This election was always gonna be close at the national level.

The question is whether trump can put together a ground game in the battle ground states that will turn out and vote fur him.

Clinton is literally wheezing and choking and coughing away the election. But trump is just not a suitable alternative... That's how I see this election turning out. Trump destroyed the gop to get the nomination. But by destroying the gop, he's disqualified himself in the general...
Quote:there is no way Hillary can engage in a 2-3 hour debate with Trump without coughing her way out of it. that's one way Trump can win over some undecided voters.

The zombie clinton will just remove her lungs before the debates.

Problem solved.
Hillary completely coasted up till now. She is leading and hasn't really started her campaign. She is using the traditional after Labor Day to begin for the most part.
Quote:Hillary completely coasted up till now. She is leading and hasn't really started her campaign. She is using the traditional after Labor Day to begin for the most part.

She better, because I think this email issue isn't going anywhere...

But still, it's still all about the battle ground states.

At this point she's still got a pretty comfy lead when you look at the electoral college map...
Quote:She better, because I think this email issue isn't going anywhere...

But still, it's still all about the battle ground states.

At this point she's still got a pretty comfy lead when you look at the electoral college map...

Give Donald credit, when your willing to jump in every camera that waves in your direction and love to hear yourself speak, you can get tons of free press!
 There are millions of typical republican voters vowing not to vote Trump but rather Johnson. Seems several left leaning folks are talking about him as well. Upset of the century?

Quote:America doesn't lose either way. I will take the candidate who has proven time and time again he can do his job over the candidate who can't.

A proven winner wouldn't have so many bankruptcies and failed businesses. But you're snowed so I won't ask you to defend such an asinine statement. It'll just be drivel. I'm sure you'll be full of praise and excuses after those tax returns finally surface too.
Quote: There are millions of typical republican voters vowing not to vote Trump but rather Johnson. Seems several left leaning folks are talking about him as well. Upset of the century?

I voted Johnson last election and was leaning his way this one until he started his best Gary Busey impersonation. Now I am still undecided.

I think the debates are Clinton's worst nightmare. She is easily flustered and Trump will ruffle those feathers like few can. It will be another Trump vs Bush bloodbath.
Quote: There are millions of typical republican voters vowing not to vote Trump but rather Johnson. Seems several left leaning folks are talking about him as well. Upset of the century?
That would prove most interesting. I mean, could you imagine the reaction of the media? Forget about Clinton and Trump. The reaction of the media would reach levels of hysteria not seen since it (IMO) originally happened in 1994 when a certain someone took a white Bronco for a ride around L.A.
Quote:Lol, Obama is the highest deporter of aliens this country has ever seen, the unemployment rate is down below 5 % housing prices have increased in almost every market, the auto industry and supporting industries in the USA are thriving and American owned. And millions of poor working class people now have health insurance.

Lies lies, DARN LIES!!!  Obama changed the definition of deportation to include those caught at the border and simply turned around.  This is accounting manipulation, not a crack down in immigration.  The unemployment rate is being artificially depressed by a shrinking labor force.  If the same amount of people were actively looking for work today as when Obama took office the unemployment rate would still be in double digits.  We have 94 million americans in this country not working.  We are the lowest home ownership rate in 50 years, and this is with the FHA basically handing anyone with a pulse 7500 dollars towards their down payment and interest rates at near zero.  The bankruptcy plan published by Mitt Romney would have been more advantageous for everyone except the Unions that bankrolled Obama's primary campaign.  As for industry as a whole, for the first time in this nations history we are loosing businesses faster than they are being created.  For the first time in our history a president will take office serve two full terms and never reach 3% GDP growth in a single year.  This is all with interest rates at all time lows, tens of trillions of dollars in quantative easing (printing money) and accumulating more debt (ten trillion dollars) than every president in the history of this country combined.  This is one of the most pathetic economic records in this history of this nation. 

And don't give me the "worst recession crap" when the guy spent his entire legal career advocating for the kind of pipe dream housing policies that caused it in the first place.  Show me where he opposed Subprime lending or derivatives before 2006 and you can make that argument. 

MATH MATTERS!!!

All with a Congress that has filibustered everything for the last 6 years...

The hell they have.  Again, 10 trillion dollars of spending.  Nationalizing 1/6th of the economy, a trillion dollar stimulus package...  Etc. etc. etc.  The main reason that Trump exists in the political arena is because the grassroots of the republican party felt betrayed by congress. 

As for the topic. I am not a fan of Clinton, she's a moderate Republican on economic issues.

Saul Alinsky begs to differ.

But as kotite has pointed out. There's no way I'm voting for an authoritarian megalomaniac with a tendency towards bigotry.

exactly, that's why you should vote for Trump. 

Just not going to happen.

But let's face it. This election was always gonna be close at the national level.

The question is whether trump can put together a ground game in the battle ground states that will turn out and vote fur him.

Clinton is literally wheezing and choking and coughing away the election. But trump is just not a suitable alternative... That's how I see this election turning out. Trump destroyed the gop to get the nomination. But by destroying the gop, he's disqualified himself in the general...

There might be around 65 million people that disagree with you this go round.
Quote:A proven winner wouldn't have so many bankruptcies and failed businesses. But you're snowed so I won't ask you to defend such an asinine statement. It'll just be drivel. I'm sure you'll be full of praise and excuses after those tax returns finally surface too.

the guy owns something like 500 legal entities...
George Soros has bankrupted companies and nearly entire countries as well. It happens when you are filthy rich like these guys.
Quote:A proven winner wouldn't have so many bankruptcies and failed businesses. But you're snowed so I won't ask you to defend such an asinine statement. It'll just be drivel. I'm sure you'll be full of praise and excuses after those tax returns finally surface too.

Whatever, why don't you ask Michael Jordan how many game winning shots he missed? No one wins them all, but you also have to play to lose. Obvious zinger aside, how many courts has Shrillary actually been on?

Let's be honest. What are the chances of you being able to interpret Trumps tax returns without CNN or Politicos assistance?
Trump's track record is full of things you will ignore or make excuses for. I don't need to rehash them all. This section of the MB has already regurgitated it enough. He is an idiot (truly low intelligence) with no filter who our greatest allies despise and Russia is openly promoting. What kind of bizarro world are we living in that he is considered a viable candidate and these facts are accepted or overlooked? He knows less about government and foreign policy than the bottom of a Snapple cap.

I truly believe if he is elected, he will be assassinated or impeached before his first term ends. I can only hope and pray our moronic country is not as snowed by this carnival barker as so many on this message board are. Sadly, I'm not so sure we're smart enough as a country to see this joker for what he truly is.

I'd love a revolution or a reset button on this whole election, but neither is likely.

If aliens were ever going to invade, now would be a fine time.
Quote:I truly believe if he is elected, he will be assassinated or impeached before his first term ends.

That's a valid reason for voting for Trump. Hillary will never be impeached.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7