Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Latinos voting for DeSantis is Racist?? Sounds like the Donkeys are getting worried
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Joy Reid, Jemele Hill blame racism, ‘proximity to whiteness’ for DeSantis' popularity with Hispanics

Support for Gov. Ron DeSantis from Latino voters could help him win Miami-Dade County in November

MSNBC’s Joy Reid and The Atlantic’s Jemele Hill attacked reports highlighting Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ Hispanic support by claiming that it’s related to racism.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joy-reid-j...-hispanics
Jemele Hill and Joy Reid lololol

2 of the biggest racists on the planet lolol

They have NO right to lecture anyone on anything.. Them two are doing nothing but taking up our oxygen..
It is true that Hispanics usually identify more as white or black than they identify as Hispanic, and it's true that the more they identify as white, the more they vote Republican. That just means we have racially charged issues in our government and society. It doesn't mean anyone is racist.
(10-24-2022, 09:47 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It is true that Hispanics usually identify more as white or black than they identify as Hispanic, and it's true that the more they identify as white, the more they vote Republican.  That just means we have racially charged issues in our government and society.  It doesn't mean anyone is racist.

Lol. Geez, dude.
(10-24-2022, 09:47 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It is true that Hispanics usually identify more as white or black than they identify as Hispanic, and it's true that the more they identify as white, the more they vote Republican.  That just means we have racially charged issues in our government and society.  It doesn't mean anyone is racist.

That is not only false, it's probably one of the most ignorant things that you have posted here.
(10-24-2022, 12:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]

That is not only false, it's probably one of the most ignorant things that you have posted here.

One of the most?

Have you been reading any of his dribble over the last few years? 

Do yourself a favor and let him tell you about your heritage lololol
(10-24-2022, 09:47 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It is true that Hispanics usually identify more as white or black than they identify as Hispanic, and it's true that the more they identify as white, the more they vote Republican. That just means we have racially charged issues in our government and society. It doesn't mean anyone is racist.

My wife is Peruvian and I can tell you with 100% certainty that she has NEVER identified as anything other than Hispanic-American. Nor have any of our Hispanic friends identified as black or white, who come from all across the South/Central Americas and the Carribean Islands. I don't know where you read this or how you came to this conclusion, but you may want to rethink it. Hard working, freedom loving Hispanics typically vote Red; lazy and shiftless Hispanics typically vote Blue. There, how does that stereotype work for you? In this case, tho, it's true.

And Reid and Hill are just about the LEAST qualified people on this planet to comment on Hispanics political preferences. They don't have the same cultural background, or even understand it from a distance.

Man..... I hope you don't say dumb stuff like this in real life around a diverse group of people. You're likely to get schooled in ways you didn't know existed.
[Image: tumblr_n8by7s6loc1qzbqw1o1_500.gif]
Hispanic is not a race, guys.
It's an ethnicity.
Hispanic means they ethnically identify with a Spanish speaking country.
Their racial identification will be something else: white, black, Asian, native American, or mixed. Everyone has one. Even Hispanic people.
And the racial identification is a better predictor of how they will vote in US elections than the ethnic identifier is.
Tell me you don't have any Hispanic friends without telling me you don't have any Hispanic friends. Seriously, Mikey... when are you going to stop accepting this manufactured narrative they feed you?
(10-24-2022, 01:47 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Tell me you don't have any Hispanic friends without telling me you don't have any Hispanic friends. Seriously, Mikey... when are you going to stop accepting this manufactured narrative they feed you?

My wife is Hispanic, amigo. And I know her family pretty well.
(10-24-2022, 01:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022, 01:47 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Tell me you don't have any Hispanic friends without telling me you don't have any Hispanic friends. Seriously, Mikey... when are you going to stop accepting this manufactured narrative they feed you?

My wife is Hispanic, amigo.  And I know her family pretty well.

You're like the Wish version of 23&Me lolol
Go look at census forms. Tell me I'm wrong. Hispanic is not a race.
Mikey will tell you about your heritage for the low low price of $9.99
Race is a social construct. Obviously, we're all shades of something, so we recognize there is a difference in tone. The debate we are having is one of categorization. Now that it's convenient for you, you want to hide behind a census that is put together terribly.

Technically, there is no black race. There is no white race. So why do we categorize that way? That only exists in America. So you really think Hispanics identify as black or white? Is your wife white or black? Does that reflect her tone? Her culture? What exactly are we categorizing with that question? Her family origin?

Stop letting these people create the narrative for you.
(10-24-2022, 03:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Go look at census forms. Tell me I'm wrong. Hispanic is not a race.

Pretty much all Hispanics disagreed with the categories on that 2020 census. They felt stripped of their identity as Hispanics, and marginalized as a minority. And why are Asians still on there as a 'race'? They look pretty white to me.

The whole categorization was developed by government to elevate blacks as a 'minority' and homogenize Latinos away from their minority status. I remember when being Hispanic, regardless of whether you agreed with it or not, got you minority points for hiring, college acceptance, etc. But no more, because they became too large a faction (13% in 2010) and began to threaten blacks as a 'minority'. So they were recategorized. If you can't see that, then you have blinders on.
(10-24-2022, 01:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Hispanic is not a race, guys.
It's an ethnicity.
Hispanic means they ethnically identify with a Spanish speaking country.
Their racial identification will be something else: white, black, Asian, native American, or mixed.  Everyone has one. Even Hispanic people.
And the racial identification is a better predictor of how they will vote in US elections than the ethnic identifier is.

Again you are wrong and so out of line (that's typical of democrats).

I and much of my family would never identify ourselves as "white" or "black".  Use your google and wikipedia powers to look up the terms "Chicano" and "La Raza".  I and my family are typical of many in the Southwestern United States.  I personally went through some struggles when I married my wife (a white woman) because it was generally frowned upon in our community (not to mention the reaction from her parents).

Only racist liberal white people like you see color when it comes to people.
(10-24-2022, 03:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Go look at census forms.  Tell me I'm wrong. Hispanic is not a race.

On a census form I always select "other".
(10-24-2022, 12:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022, 12:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]That is not only false, it's probably one of the most ignorant things that you have posted here.

One of the most?

Have you been reading any of his dribble over the last few years? 

Do yourself a favor and let him tell you about your heritage lololol

Winger's right.  Top 100, certainly and arguably top 50, but his all-time top ten list?  Not even close.
Pages: 1 2