Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shaq Griffin to IR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/15853...NhFkLygx_g

Addition by subtraction or are we in the "not necessarily putting our best guys on the field *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*" realm now?
Faking an injury
Ramsey-itis
He’s done as a Jag. Hmmm…wonder who gave him that contract
What a waste of cap space. Hopefully this means Darious Williams goes to the outside now and Herndon slides into the slot. I think this all but means that Griffin's last game for the Jaguars was his putrid performance against the clots.

Oof.
(10-26-2022, 02:51 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [ -> ]Ramsey-itis

Following the Ramsey script, he'll probably go to the Bills next year and win it all with them.
He’s still in the burn clinic from the Colts game.
I think his ankles r still broken from the colts game

Remains r on the field still
(10-26-2022, 05:10 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/stat...Usm-vZdfrQ

Hmmm...that means they are bumping up one of our current practice team players.
(10-26-2022, 05:37 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2022, 05:10 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/stat...Usm-vZdfrQ

Hmmm...that means they are bumping up one of our current practice team players.

I could be wrong, but I think if you sign a guy off another team's practice squad it must be to your 53 man roster.
He was a fast Canadian 7 years ago.

https://youtu.be/6n6nJ3eH1Q4
Rest up and get well Shaq, back issues are no joke.

I’m guessing that Claybrooks and Montaric move up to the 4th and 5th CB spots.

It’s a nice opportunity for the coaching staff to evaluate Tevaugn up close against our young CB’s: Tyson, Tre, Claybrooks, Montaric and Gregory.
Well Griffin is gone,
I wonder if we go CB rd 1 next year , outside of Campbell we really need a dawg in the secondary
Shaq and Chaisson being placed on IR w/o displaying an significant injury represents the front office and coache's opinions of their future w/our Jaguars. I may be incorrect on my opinion BUT.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(10-26-2022, 05:40 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2022, 05:37 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm...that means they are bumping up one of our current practice team players.

I could be wrong, but I think if you sign a guy off another team's practice squad it must be to your 53 man roster.

This is correct.
(10-26-2022, 02:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]What a waste of cap space. Hopefully this means Darious Williams goes to the outside now and Herndon slides into the slot. I think this all but means that Griffin's last game for the Jaguars was his putrid performance against the clots.

Oof.

Agreed, he could be back tho depending only for the end of this season more than likely.
(10-26-2022, 05:40 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2022, 05:37 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm...that means they are bumping up one of our current practice team players.

(10-26-2022, 07:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2022, 05:40 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I could be wrong, but I think if you sign a guy off another team's practice squad it must be to your 53 man roster.

This is correct.

Yup, when you sign a guy off another team's practice squad it means you have to put them on the 53.
(10-26-2022, 07:38 PM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]Shaq and Chaisson being placed on IR w/o displaying an significant injury represents the front office and coache's opinions of their future w/our Jaguars. I may be incorrect on my opinion BUT.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Probably so.

Griffin hasn't been a great player, but I think he's probably been a good vet to have around Campbell and seems like a positive locker room presence. He shouldn't be brought back next year at his cap number, but I think having him here was probably a good thing for Campbell's development.
The Jags are doing Griffin a favor by placing him on IR to make it seem like he had an injury after that Colts game. TeVaughn brings some speed to the CB spot. I’m with the crowd that wants to see Williams on the outside.

Griffin can be added to the list of worst free agents in team history. When you get put on IR without an injury, they’re basically cutting you.
Pages: 1 2