Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rumor - Jags looking to add a pass catcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
1010 just said the Jags are looking at "Pass Catchers"

Who knows what their plans officially are
(10-31-2022, 01:32 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]1010 just said the Jags are looking at "Pass Catchers"

Dunno but maybe this ties into the Josh Allen rumors somehow. Hope not but with Baalke, it's hard to guess.
They're realizing now they can't get it done without a viable threat on the outside. Trying to get a head start on next off season's needs.

I would take anybody within a reasonably fair trade. Give me Metcalf or Lockett. Give me Higgins or Jeudy. McLaurin or Boyd. Plenty of day three picks to package up with a player to get this done.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
(10-31-2022, 01:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]They're realizing now they can't get it done without a viable threat on the outside. Trying to get a head start on next off season's needs.

I would take anybody within a reasonably fair trade. Give me Metcalf or Lockett. Give me Higgins or Jeudy. McLaurin or Boyd. Plenty of day three picks to package up with a player to get this done.

I'd take Jeudy.

Chase Claypool is potentially available. Give me him and his size in a heartbeat.
(10-31-2022, 01:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]They're realizing now they can't get it done without a viable threat on the outside. Trying to get a head start on next off season's needs.

I would take Higgins in a heart beat straight up for Allen.
Lockett is available? Sign me up.
(10-31-2022, 01:57 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd take Jeudy.

Chase Claypool is potentially available. Give me him and his size in a heartbeat.

(10-31-2022, 01:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]

(10-31-2022, 02:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Lockett is available? Sign me up.

These are all reasonable and viable thoughts. I like it. I can commend the front office here. It's them addressing the fact that, they over emphasized fixing the defense in the off season instead of emphasizing the lack of a viable outside threat to open everything else up offensively for this football team. 

I can get on board with any of the above decisions going into tonight or tomorrow's trade deadline.
(10-31-2022, 01:35 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2022, 01:32 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]1010 just said the Jags are looking at "Pass Catchers"

Dunno but maybe this ties into the Josh Allen rumors somehow. Hope not but with Baalke, it's hard to guess.

I would gladly take an above average pass catcher for Josh Allen right now. Allen played yesterday and made pretty much 0 impact.

+1
I’m not a fan of midseason trades. We clearly are not making the playoffs nor one piece away.

Agreed, then draft Will Anderson

Josh Allen for T J Hockenson.
Claypool? great! because we could use a distraction on the team.

https://www.thecoldwire.com/has-chase-cl...-steelers/

I rather have Higgins
(10-31-2022, 02:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2022, 01:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I would take Higgins in a heart beat straight up for Allen.
Agreed, then draft Will Anderson

Why would Detroit trade Hockenson (rookie contract) for Josh Allen (expiring contract)?

Oh wait, I'll play along ..... trade Shaq Griffin for Darius Slay.
I read a BR article about the Jags trading for Jeudy.. That was a few days ago and didn't think much of it.
(10-31-2022, 03:15 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2022, 02:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed, then draft Will Anderson

Why would Detroit trade Hockenson (rookie contract) for Josh Allen (expiring contract)?

Oh wait, I'll play along ..... trade Shaq Griffin for Darius Slay.
They were both drafted the same year, Allen is on his rookie contract. Hock was taken 1 pick after Allen and the Lions have the worst defense in the league.
Incoming Fullback...
(10-31-2022, 03:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Incoming Fullback...

They actually put Snoop in for 1 play as a FB Sunday and it got us a 1st down
(10-31-2022, 03:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2022, 03:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Incoming Fullback...

They actually put Snoop in for 1 play as a FB Sunday and it got us a 1st down

See? Showed the value of the position and now they'll go get us one.
jags will sign some loser or nobody as a wr. they don't  have the smarts to sign a top wr.
(10-31-2022, 03:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I read a BR article about the Jags trading for Jeudy.. That was a few days ago and didn't think much of it.

That's probably how this 'rumor' got started.
(10-31-2022, 03:26 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]jags will sign some loser or nobody as a wr. they don't  have the smarts to sign a top wr.

Because there are many available?
Pages: 1 2 3 4