Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Players/untis of the game vs Raiders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Trevor Lawrence had a rough start but really settled down. Looked really sharp from the 2nd quarter on. Sharp accurate passes and also using his wheels to earn some tough yards.

ETN is the real deal. He has Over 100 all purpose yards in 5 straight games. Turning into one of the best first round picks for this team in a long time.

Smoot is playing at a totally new level lately.  IF he keeps playing like that he will earn a good pay day.

Dewey came in playing like a man possessed. He had a great pressure, a couple good tackles and was overall fired up. Wingard may earn a starting roster spot if he can continue that level of play.

The Entire offense carried this team.  Down 17-0 this team scores on 3 straight drives and if I remember correctly it was 4 out of 5 drives they put up points.

The Defense was getting torched in the first quarter. After trailing 17-0 they held the Raiders to 3 points the entire rest of the game.  They shut the Raiders down the entire second half.  David Carr and this passing attack had under 50 yards the entire second half.

The Coaching staff deserves some credit for sticking with the game plan and great adjustments.  Down 17-0 they continued to run the ball and run their offense. The Defense adjusted and found a way to shut the Raiders down after that early surge. It would of been really easy to panic after being down 3 scores early.

This is a tremendous win. This is the kind of win that can build character and give a team confidence.  I can't remember the last time the Jags been down by 3 scores and came back and won. It has been awhile.
All I know is we have some players that need to start. That’s all I’m gonna say. And there’s more than 1.
Smoot > Allen

Wingard > Any other safety tasked with rushing the passer on 3rd down.

Etienne is the man, but, who is the next man behind him? We might need Lawrence to keep doing these 5+, 50+ yard games with his legs.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
TL made some tremendous throws. When he has the time, becomes really accurate.
(11-06-2022, 07:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Smoot > Allen

Etienne is the man, but, who is the next man behind him? We might need Lawrence to keep doing these 5+, 50+ yard games with his legs.

I guess Hasty but he's a similar style. Would be nice to have a change of pace back. I guess Connor (who was active I believe) could be that back if he has the skills.
(11-06-2022, 07:52 PM)jagboss Wrote: [ -> ]TL made some tremendous throws. When he has the time, becomes really accurate.
His pocket awareness was the best it's been in weeks today. Granted, the Raiders have the worst pass rushing defense at the moment.

He made two great plays today when the pass rush was able to get near him which is most important. The pass from the endzone was superb. The run he took off on earlier was even better.

Those are the plays that not every QB can make. That's why people still have high hopes for him.

Can't wait to see how he plays in Arrowhead against Mahomes. That's probably one of the toughest places to play.

(11-06-2022, 07:53 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]

I guess Hasty but he's a similar style. Would be nice to have a change of pace back. I guess Connor (who was active I believe) could be that back if he has the skills.
I was looking for Snoop to get in at some point in the 4th. Surprised it didnt happen.

I feel like snoop is supposed to be the short yardage guy but just hasn’t been very impressive so far in camp or practice (I assume).

It appears to be Hasty.  However, outside of his one long run, he's been ineffective.  If you exclude that one run, he's rushed 12 times for 27 yards or a 2.25 yards per carry average with the Jaguars.
We need someone who can get one freaking yard on 3rd and 1.
Snoop maybe can be that guy? If he isn’t, just cut him and pick someone up off a practice squad who can.
(11-06-2022, 10:51 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: [ -> ]We need someone who can get one freaking yard on 3rd and 1.

Remember we had this same problem in 2005? The solution was to play 99 or 98 at fullback.  Get creative!

Credit to you for saying this a couple weeks ago when Lawrence was struggling. He definitely kept drives alive today by pulling the football down and taking off. Those type of plays break a defense. Good call bro.

Another positive note is Lawrence needs 1 more TD pass to equal last seasons total. He will do it in about 400 less attempts and about 8 less games. Completion percentages are also up. 62.5 vs 59.6 We’ll take it.
Great game. Jags showed heart.
Exercised some demons today. Look at the Tacks put on a clinic about how to beat the Chiefs.
(11-06-2022, 10:51 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: [ -> ]We need someone who can get one freaking yard on 3rd and 1.

I think they drafted Snoop Conner for that purpose, but he has been a disappointment.  He looked bad in the preseason and the fact that they aren't giving him the opportunities even with JRob gone suggests that he hasn't improved.  We may need to try again next year with another pick.
(11-06-2022, 11:47 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]

I think they drafted Snoop Conner for that purpose, but he has been a disappointment.  He looked bad in the preseason and the fact that they aren't giving him the opportunities even with JRob gone suggests that he hasn't improved.  We may need to try again next year with another pick.

I’m starting to feel the same way. Hasty is a run of the mill back. Nothing special. He also fumbled a jet toss sweep.
After watching the Texans on Thursday and the Titans tonight, I think its safe to say that we have the best QB in the division at the moment.
(11-07-2022, 12:57 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]After watching the Texans on Thursday and the Titans tonight, I think its safe to say that we have the best QB in the division at the moment.

Yes.
(11-06-2022, 07:38 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]Trevor Lawrence had a rough start but really settled down. Looked really sharp from the 2nd quarter on. Sharp accurate passes and also using his wheels to earn some tough yards.

ETN is the real deal. He has Over 100 all purpose yards in 5 straight games. Turning into one of the best first round picks for this team in a long time.

Smoot is playing at a totally new level lately.  IF he keeps playing like that he will earn a good pay day.

Dewey came in playing like a man possessed. He had a great pressure, a couple good tackles and was overall fired up. Wingard may earn a starting roster spot if he can continue that level of play.

The Entire offense carried this team.  Down 17-0 this team scores on 3 straight drives and if I remember correctly it was 4 out of 5 drives they put up points.

The Defense was getting torched in the first quarter. After trailing 17-0 they held the Raiders to 3 points the entire rest of the game.  They shut the Raiders down the entire second half.  David Carr and this passing attack had under 50 yards the entire second half.

The Coaching staff deserves some credit for sticking with the game plan and great adjustments.  Down 17-0 they continued to run the ball and run their offense. The Defense adjusted and found a way to shut the Raiders down after that early surge. It would of been really easy to panic after being down 3 scores early.

This is a tremendous win. This is the kind of win that can build character and give a team confidence.  I can't remember the last time the Jags been down by 3 scores and came back and won. It has been awhile.

To me this is the stat of the game. No idea what changed, but something for sure did. I know they said he had a sore back from a few weeks ago, and maybe the initial adrenaline rush of game time wore off, but he seemed to lose all the touch he had in the first half where he and Davante ate us alive. Mighta been our defense changed things up, but I didn't notice anything at first glance.

Whatever it was, it was refreshing to watch. The first half was leaving me with that uneasy feeling.

(11-06-2022, 11:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]

Credit to you for saying this a couple weeks ago when Lawrence was struggling. He definitely kept drives alive today by pulling the football down and taking off. Those type of plays break a defense. Good call bro.

Another positive note is Lawrence needs 1 more TD pass to equal last seasons total. He will do it in about 400 less attempts and about 8 less games. Completion percentages are also up. 62.5 vs 59.6  We’ll take it.

If only there was a word to describe what we're seeing here...
(11-07-2022, 12:57 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]After watching the Texans on Thursday and the Titans tonight, I think its safe to say that we have the best QB in the division at the moment.

Sam Ehlinger's mom is gonna git you
Pages: 1 2