Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags vs Chiefs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So, after watching tonights game, I'm going to rely on those of you who have paid more attention to the Tacks and Chiefs this year than i have: is the Tacks D really as good as it looked, or are the Chiefs a one dimensional team who can be slowed up if you hold Kelce to a reasonable # of yards?  If it's the latter, then i can see us having better than a punchers chance of taking this game in KC. Particularly if offense, defence and ST (excluding the missed FG) plays like it did in the 2nd half today.
KC really lucky to win that game, and it helps us out if we are going to make any kind of a run at the division.

The Tacks did a great job of playing a mix of man and zone coverage while also generating a pass rush with their interior guys. They lost because their QB is completely lost out there (Willis).
Kc has no real passing game, mahomes had been very off target on his long throws with no hill to bail him out. Mahomes still makes plays but not as elite offence as they were with hill.

There running game isn't as good either. So if we can play solid football we have a chance. We have been in every game this year lets make it another.

My brother is a Chiefs fan and i make him watch my jags every week so this is gonna be fun ??
I think KC wins here but will be closer than most expect.
(11-07-2022, 01:38 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]KC really lucky to win that game,  and it helps us out if we are going to make any kind of a run at the division. 

The Tacks did a great job of playing a mix of man and zone coverage while also generating a pass rush with their interior guys.  They lost because their QB is completely lost out there (Willis).

But I don't think the Jags have the personnel to mimic that defensive strategy.
(11-07-2022, 03:33 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2022, 01:38 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]KC really lucky to win that game,  and it helps us out if we are going to make any kind of a run at the division. 

The Tacks did a great job of playing a mix of man and zone coverage while also generating a pass rush with their interior guys.  They lost because their QB is completely lost out there (Willis).

But I don't think the Jags have the personnel to mimic that defensive strategy.

Also going to struggle with their interior pass rush.
(11-07-2022, 01:43 AM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]Kc has no real passing game, mahomes had been very off target on his long throws with no hill to bail him out. Mahomes still makes plays but not as elite offence as they were with hill.

There running game isn't as good either. So if we can play solid football we have a chance. We have been in every game this year lets make it another.

My brother is a Chiefs fan and i make him watch my jags every week so this is gonna be fun ??
You have no clue what you’re talking about hahaha

KC has no real passing game?! Mahomes leads in passing yards and passing TDs…. 

Oh and they lead the league in points per game.
The 3 biggest keys of the game imo

1. Putting pressure on Mahomes with a 4 man pass rush

2. Keep Kelce in check

3. Blocking Chris Jones
Already written it off as a loss but maybe we keep it close at least
Chiefs have had a hard time in a few games. With that said. It's always tough playing in Arrowhead. If we win. I'll say it's by three points driving late. If it's any game where I would like to see Etienne have 200 yards on the ground with Lawrence adding another 75 or more with his own legs? It's this one.

Running the football effectively, crushing the game clock and keeping Mahomes off the field are the keys to victory on the road. Imagine riding a 2 game win streak with a victory over the Chiefs, on the road, into a bye week with another big game at home with the Ravens at 4 - 6. All of a sudden this team becomes hot again.
Perfect trap game for the Chiefs
(11-07-2022, 08:50 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Already written it off as a loss but maybe we keep it close at least

I expect it to be close. I don't think they're that great this year.
I'm hoping the OT victory makes them loosen up and take us a little lighter
(11-07-2022, 08:50 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Already written it off as a loss but maybe we keep it close at least

Yeah this is one of those that if we lose close, I doubt we should have much to complain about.

If we look like fools, that would be bad, but I don't see that type of game playing out.
Kelce is gonna destroy this defense.
(11-07-2022, 10:02 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah this is one of those that if we lose close, I doubt we should have much to complain about.

If we look like fools, that would be bad, but I don't see that type of game playing out.

KC is favored by 9.5 right now
I'll be happy if we're competitive with the Chiefs. Not anticipating a win by any means. Miracles do happen!
(11-07-2022, 08:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2022, 01:43 AM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]Kc has no real passing game, mahomes had been very off target on his long throws with no hill to bail him out. Mahomes still makes plays but not as elite offence as they were with hill.

You have no clue what you’re talking about hahaha

i'm talking about compared to what you see with Buff, and Mia, they have a bunch of guys who make plays. not elite firepower offence as they were when hill been there.  Mahomes is still mahomes and he's gonna throw the ball around. but they don't scare me.  Mahomes scares me cause he's good.  when i see Mia i am scared of Hill and Waddle.  only guy on KC who scares me is Mahomes and Kelce.  Mahomes hasnt hit many of his Long Bombs this year due to he doesn't have that guy to go and get it.  i watch every KC game and Jags game as my brother is a KC fan and we live together.  so yes i do know what i am talking about.

KC offense isn't what it has been.
(11-07-2022, 10:05 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Kelce is gonna destroy this defense.

Leave devin Lloyd on him. Have to do something different than previous games .
(11-07-2022, 01:39 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2022, 08:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]You have no clue what you’re talking about hahaha

i'm talking about compared to what you see with Buff, and Mia, they have a bunch of guys who make plays. not elite firepower offence as they were when hill been there.  Mahomes is still mahomes and he's gonna throw the ball around. but they don't scare me.  Mahomes scares me cause he's good.  when i see Mia i am scared of Hill and Waddle.  only guy on KC who scares me is Mahomes and Kelce.  Mahomes hasnt hit many of his Long Bombs this year due to he doesn't have that guy to go and get it.  i watch every KC game and Jags game as my brother is a KC fan and we live together.  so yes i do know what i am talking about.

KC offense isn't what it has been.

They still have a HOF TE.  If something were to happen to Kelce they would be in trouble
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7