Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trevor using his legs more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This was a huge element to us winning yesterday and something we've all been saying needs to be done more. Good to finally see it being utilized.

He doesn't need to run like Hurts, Lamar, Murray, or even Allen. But he could definitely run the same way Mahomes does
(11-07-2022, 09:58 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]This was a huge element to us winning yesterday and something we've all been saying needs to be done more. Good to finally see it being utilized.

He doesn't need to run like Hurts, Lamar, Murray, or even Allen. But he could definitely run the same way Mahomes does

Totally agree.
That was the hardest we have seen him run as well so far through 26 NFL starts. He was running like his life and team depended on it. It was good to see. He's going to need to do more of that on the road this Sunday against the Chiefs.
Honestly this was the closest he's come to putting the team on his back. It was great to see.
it was great to see, that big 24 yard run, had he broke that one tackle he might of gotten 30 or 40 on that run before having to slide.
Yes agreed this was a huge part of his game at Clemson, and he needs to do it in the pros (safely).
(11-07-2022, 12:14 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]it was great to see, that big 24 yard run, had he broke that one tackle he might of gotten 30 or 40 on that run before having to slide.

I was half expecting to see a flag on that play because the defenders pulled up when they saw TL begin to give himself up. However when the defenders backed off, TL charged ahead instead of sliding.
(11-07-2022, 02:22 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2022, 12:14 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]it was great to see, that big 24 yard run, had he broke that one tackle he might of gotten 30 or 40 on that run before having to slide.

I was half expecting to see a flag on that play because the defenders pulled up when they saw TL begin to give himself up. However when the defenders backed off, TL charged ahead instead of sliding.

Reminded me of this

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/statu...RKkbCgQlQA
First week in ehat seems like forever where the Trevor thread is being lit up by the same posters
He actually looked fast. Not deceptively fast or just left wide open but actually fast when he started going. Should use that to his advantage more often if he can avoid getting smashed.
The RPO is where he’s the most effective. I want more of it.
Trevor has run for more than 30+ yards in 5 games of his career thus far.

Versus the raiders - he ran for 14 more yards more than he did vs ATL last season - which was his largest total prior to this game.
(11-07-2022, 04:58 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]He actually looked fast.  Not deceptively fast or just left wide open but actually fast when he started going.  Should use that to his advantage more often if he can avoid getting smashed.

He was clocked at 19 mph yesterday
When Trev uses his legs is when hes at his best
(11-07-2022, 09:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]When Trev uses his legs is when hes at his best

100%
Speed was never a question with Trev

https://youtu.be/1kXg9wWQNSo
The one thing I'd like to see him do more is improve his reads on some of the read/options to ETN. Several times I feel like he would have had easy yardage if he kept the ball instead of handing off. Not only that, it keeps the D on its toes about who's getting the ball.
Run Trevor runnnnn
Trevor with a heck of a game

[Image: ahh9qt343ky91.png]
The issue with Trevor running, is that is not natural for him, he is so tall that he cannot get low to ground, and he doesn't have any wiggle ability.

If he is going to make a major part of his game, he has to learn how to avoid taking big shots. It is definitely doable, but it is too early to know if he can consistently do that.
Pages: 1 2