Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pederson and the Offense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...LtWTQ3D3oQ

What a drastic improvement from week 10 of last year.

Up to #10 in EPA per play as compared to 29th last year in week 10.

Yes, the wins aren't where we all want but if you can't see how this team is improving and setting up for the future, you're dense.
The Pederson offense is legit.

It's crazy how many plays have gone to waste from poor execution as well. We've left a lot of first downs and points on the filed this year from bad blocks, missed throws, bungled assignments and general timing issues.
But the play design has been very, very good.

Did he call a handful of them at questionable moments situationally? yeah, sure.
I'll take it. This system is good.

Bolster this O-Line, get ETN a quality spell-back, and let Trevor keep growing in the system and it will be straight deadly.
This part of the it won't necessarily show up in the win column this year stuff. Patience is a killer.
Ridley + Drafted WR with Christian and Zay.

Engram (Hopefully) + Drafted TE

LG upgrade

Should go a long way.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
We're 7th in total offense after the KC game. Not bad at all.
I know we wanna kill Pederson some times for his playcalling but he is doing an outstanding job.

(11-15-2022, 11:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Ridley + Drafted WR with Christian and Zay.

Engram (Hopefully) + Drafted TE

LG upgrade

Should go a long way.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Cleatwood and Caldrac on team WR all off season.
(11-15-2022, 12:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]We're 7th in total offense after the KC game.  Not bad at all.

Where are we at in scoring offense?  That's the most important stat on offense
have bartch back at LG is much better than Shatley. i think Little would be a upgrade at RT as well. i doubt we sign a big deal for another Tackle that isn't exactly a world beater in all phases.
(11-15-2022, 01:16 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]have bartch back at LG is much better than Shatley.  i think Little would be a upgrade at RT as well.  i doubt we sign a big deal for another Tackle that isn't exactly a world beater in all phases.

If Little was an upgrade, he would already be there.
(11-15-2022, 01:16 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]have bartch back at LG is much better than Shatley.  i think Little would be a upgrade at RT as well.  i doubt we sign a big deal for another Tackle that isn't exactly a world beater in all phases.

Bartch coming back is a good. However, I think they should look to add another guard that can play either position. Especially with Scherff clearly not being a long term answer based on his age. 

The concern I have with Little being an upgrade over Taylor, is that, if that's the case now? Why is he not already starting? It's to this teams benefit to get a 2nd RD pick playing time if you have no intentions of resigning Taylor in the off season. 

I brought it up yesterday. And it still bums me out. We had a GOLDEN opportunity to add Jamaree Salyer out of Georgia in the draft back in April. Chargers STOLE him in the 6th RD. Was high on him. Big Bulldogs fan. Dude was a road paver for them during his tenure there and can play guard and tackle. He's been playing pretty good football for them now due to an injury to their starter. 

This is where my concern with Baalke comes back into play. Can he get it done with those day three picks? He has a lot of them now at his disposal just like last year. You have to land quality depth with those picks, jars on the shelves to store away for a year or two to eventually take over an aging veteran or departing player due to tight cap situations.
i think they not starting Little as they want to see what they have in Taylor entering his last year of the contract. and if they should resign him to a long term or not. if Taylor doesn't play lights out we have a Starting Caliber to move right in.

also for Trevors progression, would you rater basically a rookie or a Veteran covering his Ends.

i would rather have Cam and Little out there than Taylor but that's why they get paid to do what they do.
(11-15-2022, 01:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]

If Little was an upgrade, he would already be there.

DING DING DING

Little may just be our next Josh Wells.
(11-15-2022, 01:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2022, 12:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]We're 7th in total offense after the KC game.  Not bad at all.

Where are we at in scoring offense?  That's the most important stat on offense
Dead last last year at 14.9

This year they average 21.6 which is almost a TD better a game. Puts them at about 19. Makes sense when you consider how poor they've been in the redzone.

(11-16-2022, 01:07 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/15...8838494208

Everybody's favorite WR George Pickens is pretty buns in both aspects according to that chart
(11-16-2022, 04:20 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2022, 01:07 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/15...8838494208

Everybody's favorite WR George Pickens is pretty buns in both aspects according to that chart

With those all pros he's got throwing him the ball that makes sense.
(11-16-2022, 07:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2022, 04:20 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]

With those all pros he's got throwing him the ball that makes sense.

Claypool and Johnson seem to have had much better efficiency with the same qbs and same yards per route.
(11-16-2022, 08:59 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2022, 07:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]With those all pros he's got throwing him the ball that makes sense.

Claypool and Johnson seem to have had much better efficiency with the same qbs and same yards per route.
They don't run the same routes though.

Claypool played in the slot and Diontae runs the quick stuff. They essentially have Pickens running all the deep routes and 2nd level ones and Pickett can't hit him. Check this one out.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/1...IF3TI47LSg
Exactly.
Pages: 1 2 3