Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Democrats fire up push for DACA amnesty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They want those illegal votes!!!!!!!!

Democrats fire up push for DACA amnesty in lame duck session before GOP takes House

A federal court upheld a block on additional DACA enrollments last month

Democrats and immigration activists are looking to get some form of amnesty for illegal immigrants through Congress in the lame duck session before they lose the House of Representatives to Republicans at the beginning of 2023.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democra...akes-house
It's the whole reason why they don't enforce the boarder policies..
DACA has never been about voting rights. DACA recipients don't get to vote. It does promote more "refugees" to arrive on a "forgiveness instead of permission" basis, but they don't get voting rights either.
DACA could be a good policy, if and only if it was combined with a tough "remain in mexico" border policy.
(11-19-2022, 07:27 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]They want those illegal votes!!!!!!!!

Democrats fire up push for DACA amnesty in lame duck session before GOP takes House

A federal court upheld a block on additional DACA enrollments last month

Democrats and immigration activists are looking to get some form of amnesty for illegal immigrants through Congress in the lame duck session before they lose the House of Representatives to Republicans at the beginning of 2023.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democra...akes-house
It's the RINOs also. They will vote with them. I wonder if Rubio learned his lesson or not.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Like most people, I'm against illegal immigration, and I think we need to get control of the border.  But DACA is about people who came here as children, who speak English, and who know no other country than the United States.  Deporting them would be like deporting you or me, to a country they have never known, where they don't even speak the language, where they have no home to go to.  It would be like the government grabbing you and dumping you in some Central American country.  Especially at a time when we have a labor shortage, to grab up productive people and throw them out of the country would not be a good move in my opinion.
(11-19-2022, 07:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]DACA has never been about voting rights. DACA recipients don't get to vote.  It does promote more "refugees" to arrive on a "forgiveness instead of permission" basis, but they don't get voting rights either.
DACA could be a good policy, if and only if it was combined with a tough "remain in mexico" border policy.

1986 all over again.

(11-20-2022, 07:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Like most people, I'm against illegal immigration, and I think we need to get control of the border.  But DACA is about people who came here as children, who speak English, and who know no other country than the United States.  Deporting them would be like deporting you or me, to a country they have never known, where they don't even speak the language, where they have no home to go to.  It would be like the government grabbing you and dumping you in some Central American country.  Especially at a time when we have a labor shortage, to grab up productive people and throw them out of the country would not be a good move in my opinion.

I don't know how I became so immune to emotional manipulation, but I thank God for it.
(11-20-2022, 07:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Like most people, I'm against illegal immigration, and I think we need to get control of the border.  But DACA is about people who came here as children, who speak English, and who know no other country than the United States.  Deporting them would be like deporting you or me, to a country they have never known, where they don't even speak the language, where they have no home to go to.  It would be like the government grabbing you and dumping you in some Central American country.  Especially at a time when we have a labor shortage, to grab up productive people and throw them out of the country would not be a good move in my opinion.
They don't speak the language of their "parents"? Come here legally.

What about all the kids that have terrible parents that are citizens?

They can self deport with their parents or they can live without anything in the US.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(11-20-2022, 10:52 AM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2022, 07:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]DACA has never been about voting rights. DACA recipients don't get to vote.  It does promote more "refugees" to arrive on a "forgiveness instead of permission" basis, but they don't get voting rights either.

1986 all over again.

We've had "remain in mexico" for 2 years now.  It worked. This isn't 1986 anymore.
Side note: Biden is making a big mistake by not appealing for Congress to let him extend the "remain in Mexico policy.  It was started with the health emergency, and Biden does not have the authority to continue it after the health emergency is over, but, Biden should want that authority.  I hate watching football games where players leave points on the field.   That's what Biden is doing here. But Republicans may benefit, if they play it right. No sign that they will though. Kevin McCarthy has given every indication that he will investigate Hunter Biden and no indication that he will extend "remain in mexico"