Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Biden is blaming everyone but himself........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
USDA blames Russia for rising price of Thanksgiving dinner

The American Farm Bureau Federation says the average cost of a Thanksgiving dinner is up 20% compared to last year

The Department of Agriculture says Russia’s ongoing war in Ukraine is one reason why your Thanksgiving dinner costs more than it did last year.

A USDA memo this month said turkey prices will be higher because of this year’s outbreak of highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI), which led to the death of 8 million turkeys in 2022. But USDA also said "Russia’s war on Ukraine and drought across the United States" are other factors that are "pushing up the price of Thanksgiving staples."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/usda-bl...ing-dinner
Honeysuckle is $0.49 per pound and Butterball is $0.99 per pound here in Jacksonville ---- our football team may suck but our turkeys are cheap.

Conversely the damn Publix deli products are up 30% or more.
There is very little the President can do to reduce inflation in the short term.
And the fuel for today's inflation was piled up under Bush 43, Obama, and Trump, much more so than Biden.
Did trump ever take accountability for any problem at all when he was in office?

From what I recall his favorite three words were, "it's so unfair."
I guess that pesky war in Ukraine was also the reason Biden EO'd the suspensions on oil and gas leases. And the Keystone pipeline. My cousin discovered last week he has a brain aneurysm. Maybe he can blame it on the Ukraine. Just follow our leader.
(11-22-2022, 11:03 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]I guess that pesky war in Ukraine was also the reason Biden EO'd the suspensions on oil and gas leases.  And the Keystone pipeline.  My cousin discovered last week he has a brain aneurysm. Maybe he can blame it on the Ukraine.  Just follow our leader.

He's our President, but he's definitely no leader..
(11-22-2022, 10:08 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]There is very little the President can do to reduce inflation in the short term. 
And the fuel for today's inflation was piled up under Bush 43, Obama, and Trump, much more so than Biden.

Lies.  True, the fiscal side of the equation has been piling up for a long time.  That's generally been mitigated by the productive capacity of the American workforce.  You took away that hedge with vaccine mandates and paying people not to work.
(11-22-2022, 12:20 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2022, 10:08 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]There is very little the President can do to reduce inflation in the short term. 

Lies.  True, the fiscal side of the equation has been piling up for a long time.  That's generally been mitigated by the productive capacity of the American workforce.  You took away that hedge with vaccine mandates and paying people not to work.

I'm not the President.  But yes, those decisions were part of the problem.   But remember, the shut down, suspensions of evictions, PPP, all began under Trump. You can blame Biden for continuing those things for too long, but not for starting them. In any case, those things are now in the distant past, while inflation continues.
(11-22-2022, 10:13 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Did trump ever take accountability for any problem at all when he was in office?

From what I recall his favorite three words were, "it's so unfair."

That's what I miss about Trump, always taking accountability for things that don't go right.  Kind of miss having that high character person in office.
No President is accountable. I wonder why that's the case?
(11-22-2022, 03:59 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]No President is accountable. I wonder why that's the case?

They're all accountable, once every four years.
(11-22-2022, 09:52 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Honeysuckle is $0.49 per pound and Butterball is $0.99 per pound here in Jacksonville ---- our football team may suck but our turkeys are cheap.

Conversely the damn Publix deli products are up 30% or more.
Publix has gone up on stuff while some others have not on the same name brand products. There's some things that are $2 more and normally they were the same or within a few cents.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(11-22-2022, 06:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2022, 03:59 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]No President is accountable. I wonder why that's the case?

Lol.
(11-22-2022, 06:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Not if trump and Kari Lake have their way.
Yup. That's the problem. Just one side of the aisle. Let's get rid of Republicans and enter utopia, comrades. What are we waiting for?
(11-23-2022, 09:53 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Yup. That's the problem. Just one side of the aisle. Let's get rid of Republicans and enter utopia, comrades. What are we waiting for?

Staci Abrams was a problem also.  Was.
Same with Al Gore, right? He was a problem, but he's better now.
(11-23-2022, 11:27 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Same with Al Gore, right? He was a problem, but he's better now.

Sure, let's compare January 6 2001 to January 6 2021.  Roll tape.
Oh wow, such a great "Republican" this guy is.
(11-23-2022, 12:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow, such a great "Republican" this guy is.

Al Gore and Mike Pence both performed their duties with dignity on those days, without letting their personal feelings get in the way. Neither denied that all legal avenues for challenging the results had been exhausted. 
Meanwhile, Trump...
Pages: 1 2 3