Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell needs to go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Rip off the band aid

Punt the bloke

Defence had gotten worse each game  sacks have become as common as unicorns

Get Caldwell to kick Patterson or something so he gets the flick lol
We should have kept Cullen.
Defense is bad. For it to have that much money on it with no sacks, minimal impact plays, the mental errors late in close games. There needs to be changes somewhere. Starts with Baalke. Starts with Caldwell.

They can jump next year if they add around Lawrence, cut Caldwell and cut Baalke. Baalke cant build a team offensively and in two years he invested heavily on defense with dick to show for it. Time to move on.

This will be the [BLEEP] that drafts Bryan Bresee over Michael Mayer or Quentin Johnston.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
he needs to go
Baalke too
The one common factor has been Shad. Not much we can do there.
(12-04-2022, 05:11 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]The one common factor has been Shad. Not much we can do there.

Make a statement front office.  Fire Caldwell.
(12-04-2022, 05:11 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]The one common factor has been Shad. Not much we can do there.

Did you want Kroenke?
(12-04-2022, 05:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Defense is bad. For it to have that much money on it with no sacks, minimal impact plays, the mental errors late in close games. There needs to be changes somewhere. Starts with Baalke. Starts with Caldwell.

They can jump next year if they add around Lawrence, cut Caldwell and cut Baalke. Baalke cant build a team offensively and in two years he invested heavily on defense with dick to show for it. Time to move on.

This will be the [BLEEP] that drafts Bryan Bresee over Michael Mayer or Quentin Johnston.

^This!!
Wait. So there are people that don't think Caldwell should go?
(12-04-2022, 05:22 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]

Did you want Kroenke?

No. All things being equal, I'd prefer a 50 something year old Wayne Weaver. But I don't think Shad is a bad owner per se, I think he's mostly good for Jax but he's lousy at finding a quality GM.
Yep, I've been saying this.
(12-04-2022, 05:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 05:22 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]Did you want Kroenke?

No. All things being equal, I'd prefer a 50 something year old Wayne Weaver. But I don't think Shad is a bad owner per se, I think he's mostly good for Jax but he's lousy at finding a quality GM.

One of the worst things the organization failed to do last off season was to bring in a quality VP of Football Operations. Nothing much good comes from Khan making football related decisions.

Cleaning house and not firing Baalke was another.
(12-04-2022, 05:34 PM)wg171 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 05:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]No. All things being equal, I'd prefer a 50 something year old Wayne Weaver. But I don't think Shad is a bad owner per se, I think he's mostly good for Jax but he's lousy at finding a quality GM.

One of the worst things the organization failed to do last off season was to bring in a quality VP of Football Operations. Nothing much good comes from Khan making football related decisions.

Yep, agreed. And he held on to Dave Caldwell far to long and neglected getting rid of Baalke when he should have.
What kind of sorry display of defense was that? We just practicing out there?
(12-04-2022, 05:34 PM)wg171 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 05:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]No. All things being equal, I'd prefer a 50 something year old Wayne Weaver. But I don't think Shad is a bad owner per se, I think he's mostly good for Jax but he's lousy at finding a quality GM.

Need to cut Baalke. Hire Rick Spielman who they entertained earlier this year for the role.

(12-04-2022, 05:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 05:34 PM)wg171 Wrote: [ -> ]One of the worst things the organization failed to do last off season was to bring in a quality VP of Football Operations. Nothing much good comes from Khan making football related decisions.

Need to cut Baalke. Hire Rick Spielman who they entertained earlier this year for the role.

Spielman would have fired Baalke I’m thinking. Or would have wanted to. Probably the reason Khan didn’t make a hire.
I doubt Caldwell or Baalke are let go unless Pederson tells Shad that he wants them gone strongly. Also, Shad is the owner who generally keeps coaches, GMs and coordinators way too long rather than having a quick hook. And he already has fired 1 GM and 2 HC during the past 2 seasons. He will need a lot of convincing of adding a 2nd GM to that list even if most of the national media and fanbases wanted him gone last year.

I also don't have feeling Pederson is the type of guy to fire Caldwell in his rookie season as a DC after bringing him in to be that guy. Probably more likely trying to bring in some help with new/different Assistant DC or Quality Control coaches and/or position coaches first.

He may be more willing to have Baalke cut loose, but there have been zero rumblings about a front office/internal bickering or issues, so that also seems unlikely.

(12-04-2022, 05:44 PM)wg171 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 05:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Need to cut Baalke. Hire Rick Spielman who they entertained earlier this year for the role.

Spielman would have fired Baalke I’m thinking. Or would have wanted to. Probably the reason Khan didn’t make a hire.

I got the feeling Kahn thought Baalke and Pederson got along well and were aligned. He probably was more like adding a new 3rd person with zero history working with either is more likely to create instability.

I never got the sense Baalke was in control of the Spielman thing. That was all Kahn.
(12-04-2022, 05:22 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]

Did you want Kroenke?

No, but the reality is Shad just doesn't have the killer instinct it seems. Since 2012 we have yet to have a clean slate start throughout the football side of things, there was always a carry over either in coaching or the front office. He's just a bad owner, sucks to say it but on the football side of things he leaves a lot to be desired.
(12-04-2022, 05:44 PM)wg171 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 05:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Need to cut Baalke. Hire Rick Spielman who they entertained earlier this year for the role.

(12-04-2022, 05:58 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 05:22 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]Did you want Kroenke?

No, but the reality is Shad just doesn't have the killer instinct it seems. Since 2012 we have yet to have a clean slate start throughout the football side of things, there was always a carry over either in coaching or the front office. He's just a bad owner, sucks to say it but on the football side of things he leaves a lot to be desired.
Yep the reason he isn't here is because Khan was too stubborn with not believing what everyone is telling him about the idiot sitting next to him in the interviews.

Khan let's personal feelings affect his decisions way too much. I guess it hasn't affected his business too much but he likes to give people too many chances. It may work in the business side because unless you are vastly under qualified you should be able to show some type of improvement with more help from others or find underlings to blame.

We know he is listening to the blame falling on the coaches but for some reason he won't hear anyone else.

It has got to be bad for his son who has proven himself a success with some of the stuff he has done. His son is telling him to replace him or at least is telling the fans that but Khan won't even listen to him.

The sooner he gives the team up the better.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3