Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Devin Lloyd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Any clue as to why we haven't given him any looks as a pass rushing OLB? I mean we've had basically no pressure for awhile and he seemed to have some pass rushing ability in college. Seems kind of dumb to straight bench him and not at least try to get some value out of the guy.
Why would they try to replace those 2 positions when they already have Allen and Walker "always just getting close".

They really need to do something because they rarely get pressure even when blitzing.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Walker and Allen had a chance to sack Goff. Both were ran freely and were unblocked on 2 different plays. Both times Goff got away.

We can’t even get a sack when guys aren’t blocking us.
Goff is too fast for walker and allen. Hate to say it, but it is what it was yesterday.
(12-05-2022, 08:28 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Walker and Allen had a chance to sack Goff. Both were ran freely and were unblocked on 2 different plays. Both times Goff got away.

We can’t even get a sack when guys aren’t blocking us.

I remember last year watching the offense under [BLEEP] and wondering if they practice during the week, or if they just show up every Sunday and just hope for the best.

That's how I'm beginning to feel with this defense now.  I don't think that the defensive players are getting coached properly during the week.  I don't know what the hell Caldwell is doing, but it's not developing players and creating schemes to get the most out of the talent he has.

What is it with Caldwells?  Can we not hire any more Caldwells, or Bradleys, or Washs, or Hacketts for the remainder of this century, please?
Lloyd is a weakside backer. The staff has failed on two levels with a pair of first round picks in year one. Sad.

Walker needs to move inside and Lloyd needs to be on weakside. Especially on 3rd and long.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
(12-05-2022, 08:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Lloyd is a weakside backer. The staff has failed on two levels with a pair of first round picks in year one. Sad.

Walker needs to move inside and Lloyd needs to be on weakside. Especially on 3rd and long.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

You nailed it.

Lloyd is a is going through the same thing Myles Jack went through. Lloyd is a Will. 

And how can they NOT see that Walker is a defensive tackle. He’s highly athletic at the defensive tackle spot and offers speed and strength inside to shoot gaps and disrupt plays in the backfield.

At defensive end, he’s not as athletic as a TJ Watt, etc. Walker offers much more inside. I feel the same way about Smoot, but unfortunately he’s out produced the entire dline. 

Get rid of Caldwell. Move Walker inside, and put Muma in the middle and Lloyd on the outside. 

Are they seriously gonna bench Lloyd after such a strong start. He’s more valuable on the field.
they need to move back to a 4-3 and have a better understanding of what they got

Smoot?, Hamilton, Walker, Allen
Muma, Foyu, Lloyd
Jenkins, Cisco
Cambell, CB2

get all your talent on the field at once.
(12-04-2022, 06:49 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Any clue as to why we haven't given him any looks as a pass rushing OLB? I mean we've had basically no pressure for awhile and he seemed to have some pass rushing ability in college. Seems kind of dumb to straight bench him and not at least try to get some value out of the guy.

If a player is not acclimating well to the position he was drafted to play, there is no guarantee he won't struggle equally at a new one. 

It's rarely so easy to create production out of thin air. 

The reality is that Travon and Lloyd are going to take time to develop and it may require some scheme changes. 

Additionally - this pass rush isn't gonna get fixed until they interior pressure/disruption and add at least one more DB that can cover well. Probably need someone to rotate with Josh Allen at this point as well. 

TL;DR - there's no easy fix to the pass rush problem
There's a mild rebellion happening on the team between Baalke, Caldwell, Lloyd, Allen, Griffin, and some other players. Walker is trying to stay positive.

Firstly, Baalke won't allow Caldwell to do what he want with the players. Meaning even if Caldwell wanted to move Walker inside, when Caldwell was hired it was specified to him he didn't have the power to switch positions.

The players, led by Lloyd and Allen, don't buy Caldwells scheme. Lloyd is in the doghouse and their riding with Muma cause Muma is a "I'll do whatever you tell me coach" type guy.

Allen is clearly pouting and playing half [BLEEP] and Walker is being influenced. We thought Griffin was mad at fans...he's mad at Caldwells scheme too.
(12-06-2022, 01:17 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]they need to move back to a 4-3 and have a better understanding of what they got

Smoot?, Hamilton, Walker, Allen
Muma, Foyu, Lloyd
Jenkins, Cisco
Cambell, CB2

get all your talent on the field at once.

Agreed, this team is better suited for a 4-3
(12-06-2022, 01:52 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: [ -> ]There's a mild rebellion happening on the team between Baalke, Caldwell, Lloyd, Allen, Griffin, and some other players. Walker is trying to stay positive.

Firstly, Baalke won't allow Caldwell to do what he want with the players. Meaning even if Caldwell wanted to move Walker inside, when Caldwell was hired it was specified to him he didn't have the power to switch positions.

The players, led by Lloyd and Allen, don't buy Caldwells scheme. Lloyd is in the doghouse and their riding with Muma cause Muma is a "I'll do whatever you tell me coach" type guy.

Allen is clearly pouting and playing half [BLEEP] and Walker is being influenced. We thought Griffin was mad at fans...he's mad at Caldwells scheme too.

None of this makes any sense then. Why be upset at Caldwell and his scheme if he's been told by Baalke he cannot do what he wants to do with the players he's responsible for coaching?

Who is your source? Jaxson De'Ville?
(12-06-2022, 01:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2022, 01:52 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: [ -> ]There's a mild rebellion happening on the team between Baalke, Caldwell, Lloyd, Allen, Griffin, and some other players. Walker is trying to stay positive.

None of this makes any sense then. Why be upset at Caldwell and his scheme if he's been told by Baalke he cannot do what he wants to do with the players he's responsible for coaching?

if this is true, Ballke needs to go. let the coaches coach. GMs stay in your damn office and stay out of operations.
(12-06-2022, 01:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]

Because it's still Caldwells scheme. And it's why there's only a "mild" rebellion. The players haven't gone full renegade, there's still hope lol.

My source is a few people who work at the stadium and rub elbows with a few players.
(12-06-2022, 02:14 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2022, 01:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]None of this makes any sense then. Why be upset at Caldwell and his scheme if he's been told by Baalke he cannot do what he wants to do with the players he's responsible for coaching?

Because it's still Caldwells scheme. And it's why there's only a "mild" rebellion. The players haven't gone full renegade, there's still hope lol.

My source is a few people who work at the stadium and rub elbows with a few players.

If true. It sounds like everything that was being said about Baalke all comes back full circle. About him being difficult to work with. Again, like a broken record on my part around here but if I keep saying it maybe it will manifest itself.

Baalke needs to go. As well as Caldwell potentially. Go get Rick Spielman, he was already entertained for the VP position this off season. This potentially opens the door for Mike Zimmer to insert himself as the DC to get back into the NFL after taking a year off and helping out down in Jackson St. as analyst.
(12-06-2022, 01:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 06:49 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Any clue as to why we haven't given him any looks as a pass rushing OLB? I mean we've had basically no pressure for awhile and he seemed to have some pass rushing ability in college. Seems kind of dumb to straight bench him and not at least try to get some value out of the guy.

If a player is not acclimating well to the position he was drafted to play, there is no guarantee he won't struggle equally at a new one. 

It's rarely so easy to create production out of thin air. 

The reality is that Travon and Lloyd are going to take time to develop and it may require some scheme changes. 

Additionally - this pass rush isn't gonna get fixed until they interior pressure/disruption and add at least one more DB that can cover well. Probably need someone to rotate with Josh Allen at this point as well. 

TL;DR - there's no easy fix to the pass rush problem

He didn't exclusively play MLB in college, he has experience as a 3-4 OLB. I'm not saying move him there permanently but I don't see a reason not to try it.

To be specific, he's had 325 snaps as a pass rusher in college. Which is close to half as many as Travon Walker had.

sounds kind of boring.  any juicy stuff on players sleeping with other players girlfriends?
(12-06-2022, 02:14 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2022, 01:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]None of this makes any sense then. Why be upset at Caldwell and his scheme if he's been told by Baalke he cannot do what he wants to do with the players he's responsible for coaching?

That doesn't make any sense.
It's easy to imagine a GM telling a DC who to put on the field and who to take off.  Very hard to imagine a GM telling the DC what each player's assignment will be for each play.

Is Allen pouting on the field, or just sucking?  If it's about pouting, that's liable to cost him about $40 million on his next contract.  He needs to get his head out of his [BLEEP] and start showing up, because as far as I can tell, he's been 'pouting' for close to 3 years now.

And yeah, Baalke shouldn't be dictating positional play like that.  That should be 100% on the coaching staff.
(12-06-2022, 03:10 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]

Is Allen pouting on the field, or just sucking?  If it's about pouting, that's liable to cost him about $40 million on his next contract.  He needs to get his head out of his [BLEEP] and start showing up, because as far as I can tell, he's been 'pouting' for close to 3 years now.

And yeah, Baalke shouldn't be dictating positional play like that.  That should be 100% on the coaching staff.

Like at your own job perhaps where you have a supervisor who implements a system without conferring with the actual workers. And he's not taking input from the actual workers.

Typically what happens is the workers aren't as "eager" to see his system work. They start doing the bare minimum and half assin.

They say Ballke actually is a good guy. The hardest working person there. Be there later than anyone. He hasn't ostracized himself like in San Fran yet. He's just a control freak.
Pages: 1 2 3