Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pederson Says Players not plays. The Lions punted 0 times against Jaguars!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It seems to be a ton of noise about replacing Caldwell next season. Pederson has adapted the motto of players not plays. I guess the question is who is to blame for the terrible defensive performance? The Jaguars could not get off the field. The Lions also converted 66% on third downs.  The pass rush again was irrelevant for most of this game. Muma was the lead pass rusher with 1.5 sacks but one of those was just a busted play. There was a ton of money spent on this defense to allow a team to march up and down the field all game  long. So who is to blame? Is it the Defensive coordinator having a poor game plan? Is it players under performing missing their assignments?
The temp was 3* I blame it on that
It's not just one thing, it's a number of things
Coach Campos wouldn’t entirely blame Caldwell because of our lack of top talent. However, he did say that Caldwell was not utilizing the talent on hand to its potential.
The Lions' offense had been rolling for the last few weeks. Jags were just the latest victim
Is it me or was Darious Williams looking like he didn't even want to be out there? Got beat plenty, not tackling, moping around TBH.
Had I not watched the USC UTAH game that has to be the worst defense iv'e seen in awhile. Guys just wide open, not just guys but there star players
Front and back just trash. You can't have mediocrity in the secondary with no front getting pressure.
LBs that miss assignments is on the coaches. I cant remember seeing this issue this often week in and week out at any time in Jaguars history.

Fact is that the secondary cant cover, thats on the GM. Shaq Griffin is out and he was supposed to be a CB that held it down, although he didnt play like it this year. Cisco was out too, but I agree Williams looks like he is just there to cash a paycheck, Claybrooks, Herndon, Brown are all too slow to cover NFL guys. This unit needs a complete revamp.

On the D-Line its more cloudy. The talent on paper should produce more but players dont play to it. It starts with a guy like RRH. When he was played well, Josh Allen was playing better too. With no interior rush, it makes everything more difficult. RRH plays like a guy that knows he is gone after this season, which he is. Fatukasi also does not play as well anymore, maybe he is still banged up.

Then you have the fact that is was a road game, on turf, in the NFC after an emotional victory. Some might say this should not matter, but these are humans and it matters. We all thought this would be a shootout.
(12-04-2022, 08:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Coach Campos wouldn’t entirely blame Caldwell because of our lack of top talent. However, he did say that Caldwell was not utilizing the talent on hand to its potential.

I agree that we need better players, but we have good enough players to do a lot better than we have been doing.
Jeff Prosser having a hilarious meltdown this morning.
#29 #32 #31 got worked
Williams flat out quit

Etienne decided he wasn’t going to pick up the blitz

Cam Robinson pulled the wrong direction on the 3rd and 5 shotgun handoff play, which caused the play to get stuffed.

Muma is back peddling when the RB is on a swing route that gains 35 yards.

Jenkins took bad angles the entire game and allowed running plays to bounce.

The play calls on defense were terrible.
Dan Hicken on the radio: “Does anyone know the name of Detroit’s punter? No! Because he didn’t play yesterday!”

Hilarious.
(12-04-2022, 08:09 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to be a ton of noise about replacing Caldwell next season. Pederson has adapted the motto of players not plays. I guess the question is who is to blame for the terrible defensive performance? The Jaguars could not get off the field. The Lions also converted 66% on third downs.  The pass rush again was irrelevant for most of this game. Muma was the lead pass rusher with 1.5 sacks but one of those was just a busted play. There was a ton of money spent on this defense to allow a team to march up and down the field all game  long. So who is to blame? Is it the Defensive coordinator having a poor game plan? Is it players under performing missing their assignments?

We spent money this past offseason to address run D. In the pass-happy NFL, we may be paying the price for this prioritization.

We spent money last offseason to address pass D. Shaq, Williams, Jenkins, which of them are the stars of our pass D? We are paying the price for these misses.

We considered our spending on pass D sufficient, so we invested our top pick in a pass rush project to unlock the potential pass rusher nearing the end of his rookie deal, rather than pursue either a pure pass rusher, DB, or look to other positions. We are paying the price for this miss.

I have no idea about the coaching that goes on. I don't know if Caldwell is an upstart guy who is learning the ropes, or if he is in above his head. I don't know if his relative inexperience prevented him from bringing in better assistants and position coaches, but he's not doing must to keep from becoming the scapegoat.

I don't even know if we let him go, do we have guys capable of shifting to 4-3, or are our hands tied due to cap constraints to only seek out 3-4 coaches?

I don't think it's as easy as players or plays. It's absolutely a blend of both. Can a crap coach get Micah Parsons sacks? Can a defensive genius put Chaisson at the top of the stat sheet? We gotta be better at both acquiring talented players and putting them in positions to win.
We need to start getting game film on our opponents.
(12-05-2022, 11:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]We need to start getting game film on our opponents.

I start to wonder if our punt return team is gonna get out of shape. They haven't been seeing a lot of work lately, and no telling how many reps they get in practice.
(12-05-2022, 08:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Dan Hicken on the radio: “Does anyone know the name of Detroit’s punter? No! Because he didn’t play yesterday!”

Hilarious.

I watched his Post Game Analysis on YouTube...  It's 45 minutes of hard truth.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OshFYPdYrE&t=560s
(12-05-2022, 11:07 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 08:09 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to be a ton of noise about replacing Caldwell next season. Pederson has adapted the motto of players not plays. I guess the question is who is to blame for the terrible defensive performance? The Jaguars could not get off the field. The Lions also converted 66% on third downs.  The pass rush again was irrelevant for most of this game. Muma was the lead pass rusher with 1.5 sacks but one of those was just a busted play. There was a ton of money spent on this defense to allow a team to march up and down the field all game  long. So who is to blame? Is it the Defensive coordinator having a poor game plan? Is it players under performing missing their assignments?

We spent money this past offseason to address run D. In the pass-happy NFL, we may be paying the price for this prioritization

We spent money last offseason to address pass D. Shaq, Williams, Jenkins, which of them are the stars of our pass D? We are paying the price for these misses.

We considered our spending on pass D sufficient, so we invested our top pick in a pass rush project to unlock the potential pass rusher nearing the end of his rookie deal, rather than pursue either a pure pass rusher, DB, or look to other positions. We are paying the price for this miss.

I have no idea about the coaching that goes on. I don't know if Caldwell is an upstart guy who is learning the ropes, or if he is in above his head. I don't know if his relative inexperience prevented him from bringing in better assistants and position coaches, but he's not doing must to keep from becoming the scapegoat.

I don't even know if we let him go, do we have guys capable of shifting to 4-3, or are our hands tied due to cap constraints to only seek out 3-4 coaches?

I don't think it's as easy as players or plays. It's absolutely a blend of both. Can a crap coach get Micah Parsons sacks? Can a defensive genius put Chaisson at the top of the stat sheet? We gotta be better at both acquiring talented players and putting them in positions to win.

Our division requires we address the run D

two top tier backs to face twice a year and an ascending one in Houston
(12-07-2022, 11:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
We spent money this past offseason to address run D. In the pass-happy NFL, we may be paying the price for this prioritization

Henry seems to be declining so that leaves us with one.
(12-07-2022, 11:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Color me insane (Wanting the same things done, expecting different results) but I think we're at the point where our run defense is good enough.  It's not the run D that makes me sad.  It's the fact that we can't get off the field on 3rd and 6+.

Even with run heavy teams 3rd and 6+ is a passing play.  And we just can't figure out how to get off the field on those down and distance situations.  I blame the DC on these situations.  I just think it's time we bring in a real DC that has real NFL experience.  I'm just sick of having to "experiment" on "up and coming" coaches or front office. 

We now have a SB winning coach that has clearly make our offense playoff caliber.  The Defense and Front Office deserve the same kind of treatment when it comes to leadership.
Pages: 1 2