Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hearing there's a mild mutiny on Caldwell amongst many the players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Basically they don't think Caldwell know what he's doing. The two leading the charge are Allen and Lloyd. So the product we're seeing out there, are players who haven't bought into the scheme, nor the coach.

I knew Allen could not possibly had regressed this much.
(12-06-2022, 12:50 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: [ -> ]Basically they don't think Caldwell know what he's doing. The two leading the charge are Allen and Lloyd. So the product we're seeing out there, are players who haven't bought into the scheme, nor the coach.

You say you are hearing it, but what is your source?
it wouldn't surprise me, the scheme looks off and the playcalling is suspect.
(12-06-2022, 12:55 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2022, 12:50 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: [ -> ]Basically they don't think Caldwell know what he's doing. The two leading the charge are Allen and Lloyd. So the product we're seeing out there, are players who haven't bought into the scheme, nor the coach.

"I shouldn't have to search it up for you. You do your own research but trust me. It's there."- P_Rushing
If anything, Doug will be reviewing his schemes pregame. I heard on the radio that he hasn’t been getting involved with the defense preparation. I bet he does now.

Allen has steadily regressed since his rookie season. As the talent surrounding him dried up so did his talent. He probably has a high "pressure" percentage. So, what's preventing him from converting those pressures into stats that actually matter? He's lost a lot of 1V1 opportunities this year.

Lloyd having any say into this just twelve weeks in after missing most of training camp and only playing sparingly in the final preseason game is also interesting and concerning. Because after Muma played in the Baltimore game it enabled Oluokon to have one of his best games of the year tackling wise.
(12-06-2022, 12:55 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

Nothing official just players and people who associate with the team in some capacity.
So the defense just got their collective [BLEEP] handed to them, and people aren't happy about it? Does it feel more excessive than that?
I dont understand why he cant get some blitzes that get to the qb. Send loyd. Send walker from a different spot. We are getting cooked in zone. We get cooked in man. We cant get there with a 4 man rush. Just send more than they can block!

Its difficult to believe Caldwells fall from grace. Go back and look at how many people said he needed to get a head coaching job after week 3. Lol
(12-06-2022, 03:49 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont understand why he cant get some blitzes that get to the qb. Send loyd. Send walker from a different spot. We are getting cooked in zone. We get cooked in man. We cant get there with a 4 man rush. Just send more than they can block!

Its difficult to believe Caldwells fall from grace. Go back and look at how many people said he needed to get a head coaching job after week 3. Lol

It gets compounded when some the main players aren't invested in seeing your scheme succeed. When they don't feel like they're being used as they should.
I also heard the players love Caldwell.
(12-06-2022, 03:49 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont understand why he cant get some blitzes that get to the qb. Send loyd. Send walker from a different spot. We are getting cooked in zone. We get cooked in man. We cant get there with a 4 man rush. Just send more than they can block!

That just tells you he was elevated too quickly. He had one scheme, but when teams got enough tape to ID a weakness, a few major injuries/lack of depth show through at CB, and poor interior line play he is not versatile or scheme savy to have plan B's, C's, D's, to turn to.

Again, with the lack of more leaks, it is hard to know how much of this blame is on the players, coaches, Caldwell, or Baalke.

Also, why can't this franchise finally have a few seasons without a player v. coach revolt? Is this like the 3rd one in like 6 years? You rarely heard about these things with other franchises even once.
I don't think there's really a player vs Caldwell revolt. I think we're just not that good and Caldwell is in a little over his head. Boselli said yesterday it's one of two things, either: 1. Players aren't studying and learning their assignments, or 2. Caldwell is asking them to do too much. I think it's #2. I think he has his scheme, and it's complicated, and he doesn't know how to properly scale it back to fit his current talent levels.

He can’t blitz because he’s dropping LB in coverages.
(12-06-2022, 04:54 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]

Frustration lol 

Let's hope for improvements this sunday. Oh please with a cherry on top.
Personally, I don't know what the scheme has to do with Josh Allen having no ability to beat a tackle 1 on 1.
(12-06-2022, 04:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there's really a player vs Caldwell revolt. I think we're just not that good and Caldwell is in a little over his head. Boselli said yesterday it's one of two things, either: 1. Players aren't studying and learning their assignments, or 2. Caldwell is asking them to do too much. I think it's #2. I think he has his scheme, and it's complicated, and he doesn't know how to properly scale it back to fit his current talent levels.

That's the problem though. Caldwell reportedly, at least according to Pederson recently did in fact scale the defense back. I have a hard time believing it's his scheme that's hard to learn when there's no pressure coming from the base four in general. There's nothing there in the interior. Allen and Walker continuously bull rush their initial blocker and hope to get to the QB.

(12-06-2022, 04:54 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]

He's also dropped Allen and Walker back into coverage and they do [BLEEP] all when tasked with that. Most of that seems to be out of desperation at times. The argument is that he can't blitz because his secondary can't handle man-to-man coverage. 

The loss in Detroit was bad. Especially on defense. However, you can go back and look at the road loss to the clots. That's on Griffin. You can say scheme this, scheme that, coaching this, coaching that. Ultimately? It was your highly overpaid and highly overrated CB that got absolutely smoked and caught with his pants down against a rookie.

It was Josh Allen that lost containment in London on Wilson that enabled them to set up the scoring drive for the win. There's a lot to unpack here but it ultimately boils down to:

1. Inexperienced coaching
2. Inexperienced players
3. Collaborative failure between the coaching staff and personnel department

The offense finally learned how to win a game late, multiple times this year, only one of them went our way because we ultimately had the football last. Even then? The defense was just a yard or two shy of letting Tucker [BLEEP] win it with an impossible field goal attempt. 

This defense is an issue guys. With the amount of picks and cap tied into it? They should be the squad closing games out when we take a lead, they should be getting the QB off his rhythm and they should be getting off the field more consistently. They don't have it in them. Even in a bad "scheme" or "lack luster" roster? Big time players still manage to make big time plays.

How many winning seasons have the Browns had, yet, Myles Garrett still does his job? Brian Burns, Maxx Crosby, etc. All of these guys are showing up on the stat sheet in spite of being on teams that are really going nowhere at the moment. I don't want to hear anymore [BLEEP]. Do your [BLEEP] job!
(12-06-2022, 04:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there's really a player vs Caldwell revolt. I think we're just not that good and Caldwell is in a little over his head. Boselli said yesterday it's one of two things, either: 1. Players aren't studying and learning their assignments, or 2. Caldwell is asking them to do too much. I think it's #2. I think he has his scheme, and it's complicated, and he doesn't know how to properly scale it back to fit his current talent levels.

So our defensive players are stoopid?
Doug defends Caldwell
Pages: 1 2 3