Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguar PFF Grades @ Titans. Very nice and sweet!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some Big Numbers from the offense. Lawrence was the best player on the field

[Image: 5x22k9aq7j5a1.jpg]

ON Defense there were a few Surprises.  Look at Chaisson coming out of nowhere

[Image: raskba2i9j5a1.jpg]
I was just about to bring up RRH in another thread because I'm watching the replay of the game and he's popping out frequently making plays or getting pressure.
Did I hear during the game that Agnews would be kickoff return would have been his 8th? that's crazy that means he's only 1 or 2 off tying the record.
Would have (should have) been his seventh TD from a kick or punt return (combined stats)
What exactly do they look at with regard to the QB and RUN blocking grades?
(12-12-2022, 06:08 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly do they look at with regard to the QB and RUN blocking grades?

Not the right stuff apparently - those grades should be lower. ETN never had a chance on any run attempts save one, and Trevor evaded pressure often along with a healthy dose of designed rollouts to get him out of the non-pocket his line was creating. 

It's concerning that Scherff has been struggling lately. He and Taylor were the only bright sports on the line this year. 

I hope they draft a stud an interior guy that can play guard or center and Bartch comes back strong. 
Fortner may yet come around, but he's struggling as a rook and Shatley is a back-up tier player.
Our O line is so weird. It's the only line in the league to allow 0 sacks in 6 games this year, but also its been so bad at times lol.
(12-12-2022, 06:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Our O line is so weird. It's the only line in the league to allow 0 sacks in 6 games this year, but also its been so bad at times lol.

That isn't weird. We have a young mobile QB who evades sacks a lot. 

Pretty simple.
(12-12-2022, 06:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2022, 06:08 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly do they look at with regard to the QB and RUN blocking grades?

Not the right stuff apparently - those grades should be lower. ETN never had a chance on any run attempts save one, and Trevor evaded pressure often along with a healthy dose of designed rollouts to get him out of the non-pocket his line was creating. 

It's concerning that Scherff has been struggling lately. He and Taylor were the only bright sports on the line this year. 

I hope they draft a stud an interior guy that can play guard or center and Bartch comes back strong. 
Fortner may yet come around, but he's struggling as a rook and Shatley is a back-up tier player.

My question was more why are they giving Trevor a run blocking grade.
(12-12-2022, 06:35 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2022, 06:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Not the right stuff apparently - those grades should be lower. ETN never had a chance on any run attempts save one, and Trevor evaded pressure often along with a healthy dose of designed rollouts to get him out of the non-pocket his line was creating. 

Good question.
(12-12-2022, 05:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I was just about to bring up RRH in another thread because I'm watching the replay of the game and he's popping out frequently making plays or getting pressure.

He's a little overpaid (just the nature of FA), but he's a good player. I know some people are talking about letting him go to save money, but I think it would be a mistake. Don't weaken the DL, add to it. He makes plays every week, but they aren't super flashy so people don't really notice that often.
(12-12-2022, 06:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2022, 06:35 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]My question was more why are they giving Trevor a run blocking grade.

Good question.

My question too, I would rather that grade be a ZERO! How weird would it be to say we have the best run blocking QB in the league?
(12-12-2022, 09:10 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2022, 06:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Good question.

My question too, I would rather that grade be a ZERO! How weird would it be to say we have the best run blocking QB in the league?

Better than him having a tackling grade.
I hope we keep Agnew on the team, he's electric and provides a spark when we need it often.
(12-12-2022, 10:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I hope we keep Agnew on the team, he's electric and provides a spark when we need it often.

Cutting him would only save like $4m and he's worth more value to the team than $4m is imo. He's one of the top return men in the game and has a place as the gadget guy in the Offense. Would be a mistake to let him go imo. Let him finish out the last year of his deal and go from there.

They could always extend him another year, or two and push some of that $$ back on future caps. I'd definitely be for that, but either way he should still be on this roster next year.
(12-12-2022, 06:35 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2022, 06:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Not the right stuff apparently - those grades should be lower. ETN never had a chance on any run attempts save one, and Trevor evaded pressure often along with a healthy dose of designed rollouts to get him out of the non-pocket his line was creating. 

I'd be willing to bet it's basically a placeholder grade since he was on the field for a running play, but wasn't actually tasked with doing anything.  Etienne has the same grade on 3 run blocking snaps (Trevor's runs I'd assume, maybe one of them Agnew's).  I don't actually have PFF, but it does show their 3 highest graded QBs, and it has Allen and Hurts at a 60 also, with Mahommes at a 60.4 (probably threw a block at one point this season).
(12-12-2022, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Would have (should have) been his seventh TD from a kick or punt return (combined stats)

LOL not sure where Catalon was getting his stats, but he sure as sugar said it would have been his eighth.
Maybe it was such a big runback they were gonna count it for two

(12-12-2022, 09:10 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2022, 06:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Good question.

I imagine on RPO or screens, ends-around you have the opportunity to interfere with a pursuing tackler.

Just get in the way, don't want Trevor attempting to replicate MJD's block on Merriman Smile
(12-13-2022, 09:22 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2022, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Would have (should have) been his seventh TD from a kick or punt return (combined stats)

LOL not sure where Catalon was getting his stats, but he sure as sugar said it would have been his eighth.
Maybe it was such a big runback they were gonna count it for two

(12-12-2022, 09:10 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]My question too, I would rather that grade be a ZERO! How weird would it be to say we have the best run blocking QB in the league?

I imagine on RPO or screens, ends-around you have the opportunity to interfere with a pursuing tackler.

Just get in the way, don't want Trevor attempting to replicate MJD's block on Merriman Smile

Maybe the 8th was the missed field goal he took back.
(12-12-2022, 10:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2022, 10:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I hope we keep Agnew on the team, he's electric and provides a spark when we need it often.

Cutting him would only save like $4m and he's worth more value to the team than $4m is imo. He's one of the top return men in the game and has a place as the gadget guy in the Offense. Would be a mistake to let him go imo. Let him finish out the last year of his deal and go from there.

They could always extend him another year, or two and push some of that $$ back on future caps. I'd definitely be for that, but either way he should still be on this roster next year.

The cap situation is bad...  I hate to bring it up, because we are actually dealing with a playoff run...  But we could be losing a lot of guys that we all really like come 2023.  And that just makes me want this squad to make the playoffs that much more.

This squad, this group of players.  They deserve a playoff run. THIS YEAR
^^ yep.
Pages: 1 2