Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I’m not gonna let y’all ride on Herndon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
He made a great play that will not ever be remembered but in the 3rd quarter on 3rd and 6 from inside the redzone Dak threw a pass that could have been caught but Herndon was all over it.

On the game winning int, guess who had the TE blanketed, which caused a bad throw….?

Yup. Herndon. 

He isn’t a superstar, but he does his job. ‘‘Twas Herndon that had the task of covering one of the premier WR’s on the planet. 

He’s the type that will force a player back inside by playing technical. Yes he gets burnt but so did Deion Sanders. 

Herndon is a high end backup with lots of experience.
Herndon was burnt toast, not a fan. We won the game but that shouldn't sweep everything under the rug, we have a lot of room for improvement. We had to overcome our own mistakes as much as we overcame the Cowboys.
he got cooked a bunch today..
Cd lamb was a mismatch. Late third quarter we started rolling coverage to him.

On the last play. Herndon doesn't get a hand on the ball, but he plays the crosser PERFECTLY dodges the pick, rerouted the receiver and got him off balance coming across the field. He gets rubbed the guys git 5 yards of separation and makes the catch. Great fight, great awareness.

He doesn't have the elite movement skills at this level, but that's just toughness personified.
He's a backup, and very average at that. Could literally be replaced with anyone. Been burnt a bunch of times since Griffin has been out. And he was getting abused today until Jags did something different.
Was he playing outside again? I thought he's been decent in nickel before but awful outside.
Herndon sucks. Bad thread.
(12-18-2022, 06:28 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]Was he playing outside again? I thought he's been decent in nickel before but awful outside.

Naw he was playing inside
meh Lamb is fast who can cover in 1 on 1 all game long, but still has to be better
He plays hard and has always been tough nosed. I like the way he has played against the run when he's in the slot at times.
He has my respect.

But, unfortunately, he just doesn't have the skill and athleticism to cover at a starter level in the NFL.
He doesn’t have the skills to cover the WR1 but that’s not the point of this thread. He made 2 game altering plays.
(12-18-2022, 06:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]He doesn’t have the skills to cover the WR1 but that’s not the point of this thread. He made 2 game altering plays.

I think the counterpoint everyone is trying to make is that he also gives up game altering plays. 

Much respect to the young man, but you have to look at the whole body of work. 

I'm insanely happy he stepped up when he did. The tip drill on the crosser in OT was ...

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
Its not how you start. Its how you finish. Sometimes you're the goat. Sometimes you're the scapegoat.

He made enough to help us in the end. Thats all that matters.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Jagsfanatic, serious question, do you know what you're looking for when you watch the games? I saw you post in the GameDay thread that campbell is not a number 1 corner. Yet teams never throw at him and he's ranked 8th ourlt of 119 cbs. And then you make a thread to defend herndon who is absolutely abulysmal and gets burnt game after game and is ranked 116th out of 119. I just don't know what you're seeing.
Here's what I love about Herndon.

Dude's been on the Jaguars for a while. He's be criticized and [BLEEP] on pretty much his entire career. And you know what he does?

He get's his lunch box, brings it the job, keeps his mouth shut and by god gets work done. There are a lot of other, far more talented players that nope out when the [BLEEP] hits the fan. (Looking at you Shaq Griffin).

Not Tre, he stays right there in the heat and does his best on every play. Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. Herndon gets eaten a lot. But he never let's the Bear get him down for good. You gotta appreciate a guy like that. I never criticized the kid. I never will. He's always given everything he's had. At the end of the day, that's all a fan can ask for.
Is Aaron Colvin still around?
I feel like Shaq Griffin has been out the entire season. When is he coming back?
(12-19-2022, 05:49 PM)Jagsman Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like Shaq Griffin has been out the entire season. When is he coming back?

I was wondering the same thing. Hes "hurt" but it seems like hes banned. Lol he has some skills. He could definitely help. Sheesh

By the way Herndon is feast or famine. He can make some good plays , but he gets toasted too.
im sure Shaq GF has something to do with why he's not back. jaguar brass saw her talking to the fans about the money and decided to screw him out of money.
Griffen remains on the IR, and there's no reason to think he'd already be reactivated since he has a back injury. I mean, Jalen Ramsey got one and never played another snap for us.
Pages: 1 2 3 4