Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tacks to Start Maik Willis vs. Texans?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know this is a tack based video, but since this development has a direct bearing on the division race the Jaguars are in,,,

Just ran across this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTVmwD6XwFE

Malik Willis is a heckuva atj;ete. but is not yet a heckuva passer.

If the tacks start Wllis, will they be able to beat the Texans, who have been playing very well of late, and look like they have not quit despite being the worst team in the league record wise?

How long do they start him?

If it's simply a manner of Tannbehill's ankle, suppose Yannehill comes back the next week, will that be enough to beat Dallas the following week?

Of course, I'd love the idea that they were raising the white flag on the season!!!!
(12-21-2022, 05:32 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is a tack based video, but since this development has a direct bearing on the division race the Jaguars are in,,,

If the tacks start Wllis, will they be able to beat the Texans, who have been playing very well of late, and look like they have not quit despite being the worst team in the league record wise?

If it's simply a manner of Tannbehill's ankle, suppose Yannehill comes back the next week, will that be enough to beat Dallas the following week?

Of course, I'd love the idea that they were raising the white flag on the season!!!!

The crazy thing is, no matter what the Tacks do in the next two games, we have to beat them in the last game to win the division.  There is no way possible that we can have the division wrapped up before that last game against them.  However, they could wrap up the division before that last game if we lose one more game than they do out of the next two.
They're fixing to be in full on rebuild mode. More than likely Vrabel is on his way out unless we completely [BLEEP] the bed and lose out. Malik is raw but you never know. They may have their next McNair on their hands in the making.
I would love for Houston to beat Tennessee. I'd much rather play them after a win than a desperate 1 win team that late in the year
(12-21-2022, 08:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2022, 05:32 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is a tack based video, but since this development has a direct bearing on the division race the Jaguars are in,,,

The crazy thing is, no matter what the Tacks do in the next two games, we have to beat them in the last game to win the division.  There is no way possible that we can have the division wrapped up before that last game against them.  However, they could wrap up the division before that last game if we lose one more game than they do out of the next two.

If we win the next two games and they lose the next two, won't we be a game ahead going into the final game? Who would hold the tiebreaker if we lost that final game (since we'd be 1-1)
(12-21-2022, 08:46 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]They're fixing to be in full on rebuild mode. More than likely Vrabel is on his way out unless we completely [BLEEP] the bed and lose out. Malik is raw but you never know. They may have their next McNair on their hands in the making.

Hopefully he's more Vince Young than McNair...
(12-21-2022, 09:30 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2022, 08:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]The crazy thing is, no matter what the Tacks do in the next two games, we have to beat them in the last game to win the division.  There is no way possible that we can have the division wrapped up before that last game against them.  However, they could wrap up the division before that last game if we lose one more game than they do out of the next two.

If we win the next two games and they lose the next two, won't we be a game ahead going into the final game? Who would hold the tiebreaker if we lost that final game (since we'd be 1-1)

They would since they would still have a better division record despite the loss to the Texans (1 win vs Houston, swept the colts, beating us in the finale)
(12-21-2022, 09:45 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2022, 09:30 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]If we win the next two games and they lose the next two, won't we be a game ahead going into the final game? Who would hold the tiebreaker if we lost that final game (since we'd be 1-1)

They would since they would still have a better division record despite the loss to the Texans (1 win vs Houston, swept the colts, beating us in the finale)

Ooh, gotcha. Bummer.
(12-21-2022, 09:32 AM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2022, 08:46 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]They're fixing to be in full on rebuild mode. More than likely Vrabel is on his way out unless we completely [BLEEP] the bed and lose out. Malik is raw but you never know. They may have their next McNair on their hands in the making.

Hopefully he's more Vince Young than McNair...

True.

hoping he's more Vince Young than Air McNair

(Emphasis added)

While theoretically possible, somehow I doubt it.

If he were, I don't think there was any way they would have limited him to maybe 5 passes against the Chiefs.

As for them firing/losing Vrabel, the one coach out there that I can readily identify that might make that a mistake would be Sean Payton.  Nuy since the Tacks don't appear to have a QB or have ready access to a QB prospect in this draft, I don't think there's any way Payton come's to Tennessee as their next coach.

Let them implode.  I just want the Jaguars to push them over the edge in week 18, and pick through the carcass in the years to come.
(12-21-2022, 10:01 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

(Emphasis added)

If he were, I don't think there was any way they would have limited him to maybe 5 passes against the Chiefs.

As for them firing/losing Vrabel, the one coach out there that I can readily identify that might make that a mistake would be Sean Payton.  Nuy since the Tacks don't appear to have a QB or have ready access to a QB prospect in this draft, I don't think there's any way Payton come's to Tennessee as their next coach.

Let them implode.  I just want the Jaguars to push them over the edge in week 18, and pick through the carcass in the years to come.

Yeah. Fair points. Payton could end up with the clots maybe if they end up with a good enough pick to select a top QB.

Good god, could you imagine that? Payton and Pederson dueling each other as offensive play callers?
(12-21-2022, 10:07 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2022, 10:01 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ](Emphasis added)

Yeah. Fair points. Payton could end up with the clots maybe if they end up with a good enough pick to select a top QB.

Good god, could you imagine that? Payton and Pederson dueling each other as offensive play callers?

Does anyone who live in Indy actually like living in Indy?  I can't remember who the Texans coach is off the top of my head, but I could see ownership canning just about anyone to hire Payton.  And Payton feels a lot more Texas than Indiana to me and I think those guys have pretty much locked up the first pick.

Of course, biggest bag of money usually wins regardless.
(12-21-2022, 10:38 AM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2022, 10:07 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. Fair points. Payton could end up with the clots maybe if they end up with a good enough pick to select a top QB.

Does anyone who live in Indy actually like living in Indy?  I can't remember who the Texans coach is off the top of my head, but I could see ownership canning just about anyone to hire Payton.  And Payton feels a lot more Texas than Indiana to me and I think those guys have pretty much locked up the first pick.

Lovie Smith, and yea I agree.  They will bulldoze the way clear to bring in Payton.

(12-21-2022, 10:01 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

(Emphasis added)

Lord, I hope not.  I want the Tacks to wallow in miserable obscurity for at least a decade.  I hope they go to the college route for a new coach, say, Ryan Day. They are due for a decade of misery.  Bonus would be hearing rumblings in the press about the London Titans.
Maybe looking for a spark
Best case is titans keep losing to give us some breathing room.

I think Payton probably wants an owner who gives him free reign. Irsay strikes me as a micro manager. I predict Payton will end up with Dallas if they lose early in the playoffs or he'll go to San Diego to work with Herbert, if the young defensive coordinator-turned head coach fizzles there. I could even see him in Denver taking over for Nathaniel (not Nate) Hackett. The Colts are about the last on the list because of the ownership and lack of QB. He doesn't want to be stuck with Jameis Winston type uncertaintly, which is where the Colts are. And the problem is the Colts won too many games early to get a shot at Bryce Young or Ohio State guy. Looks like they're stuck in QB purgatory for a decade -- serves Irsay right for ruining Andrew Luck's career.
So if we beat the Jets and they lose to Houston, then our game against Houston is meaningless correct?
(12-21-2022, 10:38 AM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2022, 10:07 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. Fair points. Payton could end up with the clots maybe if they end up with a good enough pick to select a top QB.

Lovie Smith's beard is the tinhorns' coach.

I think Lovie is like the assistant head coach or something.

As for them firing/losing Vrabel, the one coach out there that I can readily identify that might make that a mistake would be Sean Payton.  Now since the Tacks don't appear to have a QB or have ready access to a QB prospect in this draft, I don't think there's any way Payton come's to Tennessee as their next coach.

That would be wild wouldn't it?  Any fans of defensive football in the Houston or Tennessee fanbases would lose their minds.

Point of clarification:  I want to be clear that I don't think Sean Payton is the only good coach available to the Tacks should they move on from Vrabel.  But good coaches like a Mike Zimmer or other defensive coach wouldn't offer anything different (besides scheme) than what Vrabel offers.  Harbaugh could be a candidate, but I don't view him as the kind of offensive mind of Pederson or Payton. But unlike many offensive coaches, he can actually put together a strong defense.  Has a more "conventional" offensive approach.  I would put him in a "good overall leans offense" category.
Pages: 1 2 3