Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We Could Win the Division with 7-10 Record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been following a little bit of what's going on with the Titans, and I'm now thinking there is a very plausible scenario where we could win the division with a 7-10 record.  Tannehill is not playing this week, and I am hearing rumors he might not play again this season.  Which means, if the following happens: we lose to the Jets in the wind and rain tonight, the Titans lose to the Texans because they don't have Tannehill, then we lose to the Texans because we just cannot seem to beat the Texans, then the Titans lose to the Cowboys because of course the Cowboys are much better team, and we come to the last game of the season at 6-10, and we can win the division in the last game and wind up 7-10.  

It seems pretty plausible.  A playoff team with a 7-10 record.
We can win with 7-10. But that means tacks lose the final 3 games (therefore we beat them in week 17)

It's possible. But I don't like having to deal with losses against the texans and tonight.
We need to continue riding momentum into playoffs and win division at 9-8
(12-22-2022, 11:02 AM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]We can win with 7-10.  But that means tacks lose the final 3 games (therefore we beat them in week 17)

It's possible.  But I don't like having to deal with losses against the texans and tonight.

I don't like dealing with any losses, either.  But Paul Kuharsky (long-time well-respected Titans reporter) is reporting that it is "very likely Tannehill is done for the season."  We have bad weather against the Jets, and the Texans are no pushover for either the Titans or the Jaguars, and the Cowboys are better than the Titans.
(12-22-2022, 11:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2022, 11:02 AM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]We can win with 7-10.  But that means tacks lose the final 3 games (therefore we beat them in week 17)

It's possible.  But I don't like having to deal with losses against the texans and tonight.

I don't like dealing with any losses, either.  But Paul Kuharsky (long-time well-respected Titans reporter) is reporting that it is "very likely Tannehill is done for the season."  We have bad weather against the Jets, and the Texans are no pushover for either the Titans or the Jaguars, and the Cowboys are better than the Titans.

I want this win in NY...

But if we stay healthy after tonight and can come out strong against Houston...  That game will be the one.  But at the end of the day.  We have to beat the tacks.  The tacks is the key, so long as we win 1 of the next 2.

That's just the math of it.
Just gotta beat the tacks on the final week of reg season. and it would be great to take one of the other two for insurance/momentum.

I don't mind sneaking in ugly, but I have concerns about our defense facing a legit playoff contender.
(12-22-2022, 11:10 AM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2022, 11:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like dealing with any losses, either.  But Paul Kuharsky (long-time well-respected Titans reporter) is reporting that it is "very likely Tannehill is done for the season."  We have bad weather against the Jets, and the Texans are no pushover for either the Titans or the Jaguars, and the Cowboys are better than the Titans.

I want this win in NY...

But if we stay healthy after tonight and can come out strong against Houston...  That game will be the one.  But at the end of the day.  We have to beat the tacks.  The tacks is the key, so long as we win 1 of the next 2.

Uh, not exactly.  If we win 1 of the next 2, and the Titans win the next 2, we are out of it.  Titans game wouldn't matter at that point.  We'd be 2 games behind.
Malik Willis has terrible accuracy. All opponents need to do is prevent Henry and Willis rushing the ball at this point in time but that's easier said than done. Kind of like going back to the Vince Young & Chris Johnson days, only Malik is very raw at this point in time.
(12-22-2022, 11:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2022, 11:10 AM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]I want this win in NY...

Uh, not exactly.  If we win 1 of the next 2, and the Titans win the next 2, we are out of it.  Titans game wouldn't matter at that point.  We'd be 2 games behind.

True...  If the titans win out it's over.  

But so long as we win 1 of the next 2....  The titans game is the game.
(12-22-2022, 11:58 AM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2022, 11:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, not exactly.  If we win 1 of the next 2, and the Titans win the next 2, we are out of it.  Titans game wouldn't matter at that point.  We'd be 2 games behind.

True...  If the titans win out it's over.  

But so long as we win 1 of the next 2....  The titans game is the game.

No, again, if we win 1 of the next 2, the Titans have to lose 1 of the next 2 for us to still be in it.  If we go 1-1 in the next 2 games, and the Titans go 2-0 in the next 2 games, it's over and the Titans win the division even if we beat them.  Because they'll be 9-7 and we'll be 7-9.  We're dead.  Titans game wouldn't matter.
What sucks is the titans could lose every game up until ours and still win the division by beating us. We still have to win to ensure we control our destiny and still need to beat the tacks at the end no matter what to get in. Tenn can rest starters for the next two weeks and start prepping for the Jags already
(12-22-2022, 12:26 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]What sucks is the titans could lose every game up until ours and still win the division by beating us. We still have to win to ensure we control our destiny and still need to beat the tacks at the end no matter what to get in.  Tenn can rest starters for the next two weeks and start prepping for the Jags already

So after we beat the jests we should rest our starters vs the tinhorns next week?

Tongue
joking/not joking
We can at most be 1 game behind the titans when we play them to have a chance to win the division. So we have to at least win as many games over the next two as the titans to have a chance.

Even if we win the next 2 and the titans lose the next 2, we would still need to beat the titans to win the division.

If we are 1 game ahead and we lose to the titans, they win the division based on division record tie break. If we win, the we win the division based on overall record.

If we are tied, whoever wins the game wins the division based on overall record.

If we are 1 game behind and lose, they win the division based on overall record. If we win, then we win the division based on head to head tie break.
(12-22-2022, 10:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I've been following a little bit of what's going on with the Titans, and I'm now thinking there is a very plausible scenario where we could win the division with a 7-10 record.  Tannehill is not playing this week, and I am hearing rumors he might not play again this season.  Which means, if the following happens: we lose to the Jets in the wind and rain tonight, the Titans lose to the Texans because they don't have Tannehill, then we lose to the Texans because we just cannot seem to beat the Texans, then the Titans lose to the Cowboys because of course the Cowboys are much better team, and we come to the last game of the season at 6-10, and we can win the division in the last game and wind up 7-10.  

A 7-10 division winner would be funny/pathetic.  Of course, we could both be eliminated by the Clots winning out and taking the division at 7-9-1.
(12-22-2022, 12:45 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2022, 10:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I've been following a little bit of what's going on with the Titans, and I'm now thinking there is a very plausible scenario where we could win the division with a 7-10 record.  Tannehill is not playing this week, and I am hearing rumors he might not play again this season.  Which means, if the following happens: we lose to the Jets in the wind and rain tonight, the Titans lose to the Texans because they don't have Tannehill, then we lose to the Texans because we just cannot seem to beat the Texans, then the Titans lose to the Cowboys because of course the Cowboys are much better team, and we come to the last game of the season at 6-10, and we can win the division in the last game and wind up 7-10.  

A 7-10 division winner would be funny/pathetic.  Of course, we could both be eliminated by the Clots winning out and taking the division at 7-9-1.

True. If us and the titans lose the next two and colts win the next two, we could be playing for the colts in the final game.
Edit - I'm sicking of trying to figure it out.

We need to win in week 18 and I'd prefer us to take out Houston. Hate those guys at the end of the year. They always are a thorn in our side.

And we deserve to the Jets.

This is the season and the team where we shouldn't be worrying about "what ifs". This team can dominate the next 3 games
(12-22-2022, 02:25 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]The titans can lose the next 2 games and if they beat us, they get in. 

We cannot win the Division at 7-10.

It's easy math guys.

We cannot win the division at 7-10.  Think it through
Are you for real?

6-8 Jags lose their next 2. They then become 6-10.
7-7 tacks lose their next 2. They become 7-9.

Jags win week 18. Both teams 7-10 and Jags move on to the playoffs.
(12-22-2022, 02:25 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]The titans can lose the next 2 games and if they beat us, they get in. 

It's easy math guys.

You sure?

If tacks lose out they are 7-10 and 3-3 divisionally

If Jags lose next two but beat tacks  they are 7-10 and 3-3 in the division

but we'd have the tiebreaker by sweeping the tacks
We're on the wave of momentum now that would carry us into any sort of playoff run. It's on the Jaguars to win each game we take the field from here on out or just kiss the season good bye. I don't want to limp into the playoffs based on luck just to get blown out by the first team we play.

It's easy math guys.

If we lose the next 2 and the titans lose the next 2 and then we beat the titans (barring the colts winning out), we win the division with a 7-10 record.

Both us and the titans will be tied for the best division record at 7-10 and we get the tie break due to head to head match up which will go to us because we swept the titans.
Pages: 1 2