Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: To the NY Media Blathering about Endorsements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How much you wanna bet Trevor Lawrence gets more endorsements than Wilson?
Man, [BLEEP] new york.
Endorsements don't mean a dang thing on the field.....

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk
It really was never in doubt that Trevor would get the endorsement money. He’ll be picking and choosing his endorsement paychecks sooner rather than later.
Zach Wilson is just a non-alcoholic version of Johnny Manziel.
(12-23-2022, 12:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]How much you wanna bet Trevor Lawrence gets more endorsements than Wilson?

Imagine being an elite NFL QB that's going to make better than $500,000,000 in their career, and thinking big city endorsement money is what will make the difference in your happiness.

If you're not happy with Mahomes kind of money (and his big national endorsements) then it's probably about something other than the money.
(12-23-2022, 12:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Man, [BLEEP] new york.
I’ve long said it’s the most overrated city in America.
Did Wilson get a BenchFactory endorsement yet?
Not a good sign when you get replaced by a 4th stringer.
Not in Jax so not sure about local. Does Trevor actually care about endorsements? He seems really football focused.
(12-23-2022, 12:52 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]Not in Jax so not sure about local. Does Trevor actually care about endorsements? He seems really football focused.

Not sure he does, either.  But in their pathetic attempt to somehow get Trevor Lawrence in New York, that was a theme the media talking heads/hacks from the big apple spewed.

Screw em.
Zack Wilson’s Mom is a hottie.
(12-23-2022, 12:59 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]Zack Wilson’s Mom is a hottie.

She’s not unattractive, but she is annoying.
The NFL is national, endorsements are national. Josh Allen is doing a shaving commercial, and he's playing in Buffalo. Mahomes does the State Farm commercials, and he's in Kansas City. Aaron Rodgers also does State Farm commercials, and he's in Green Bay. Etc etc etc. Endorsement money has nothing to do with where you are playing. Trevor will get more endorsement money than Zach Wilson, because he's a superstar, and Wilson is a bust.

And to those who say New York is overrated, I disagree. New York City is fantastic. I love it.
(12-23-2022, 07:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]The NFL is national, endorsements are national.  Josh Allen is doing a shaving commercial, and he's playing in Buffalo.  Mahomes does the State Farm commercials, and he's in Kansas City.  Aaron Rodgers also does State Farm commercials, and he's in Green Bay.  Etc etc etc.  Endorsement money has nothing to do with where you are playing.  Trevor will get more endorsement money than Zach Wilson, because he's a superstar, and Wilson is a bust. 

And to those who say New York is overrated, I disagree.  New York City is fantastic.  I love it.

There are local endorsements.  Car dealerships and such.  Smaller time players can make a bit of coin that way.  I remember Akin Ayodele's car battery commercial on the radio.  Do you?

Besides it's not a coincidence that Michael Strahan is now a TV host and Victor Cruz is doing BMW commercials. Show biz money can keep rolling in if people still remember your name and face, and if you're not a QB, the best way to get them to remember your name and face is to play in a big market.
(12-23-2022, 08:21 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2022, 07:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]The NFL is national, endorsements are national.  Josh Allen is doing a shaving commercial, and he's playing in Buffalo.  Mahomes does the State Farm commercials, and he's in Kansas City.  Aaron Rodgers also does State Farm commercials, and he's in Green Bay.  Etc etc etc.  Endorsement money has nothing to do with where you are playing.  Trevor will get more endorsement money than Zach Wilson, because he's a superstar, and Wilson is a bust. 

And to those who say New York is overrated, I disagree.  New York City is fantastic.  I love it.

There are local endorsements.  Car dealerships and such.  Smaller time players can make a bit of coin that way.  I remember Akin Ayodele's car battery commercial on the radio.  Do you?

Besides it's not a coincidence that Michael Strahan is now a TV host and Victor Cruz is doing BMW commercials. Show biz money can keep rolling in if people still remember your name and face, and if you're not a QB, the best way to get them to remember your name and face is to play in a big market.

Nonsense.

Strahan got national fame for winning a SB and setting the single season sack record. Cruz also has a SB ring. Also, 90 percent of the NFL TV personalities aren't from NY.

The best way for people to know your name and face is to win rings.
(12-23-2022, 09:12 AM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2022, 08:21 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]There are local endorsements.  Car dealerships and such.  Smaller time players can make a bit of coin that way.  I remember Akin Ayodele's car battery commercial on the radio.  Do you?

Nonsense.

Strahan got national fame for winning a SB and setting the single season sack record. Cruz also has a SB ring. Also, 90 percent of the NFL TV personalities aren't from NY.

The best way for people to know your name and face is to win rings.

Joe Flacco disagrees.
I'm from around an hour north of NYC and I avoid it like the plague. That being said it's a much nicer city than some of the other dumps I've traveled to to watch Jags games like Baltimore, Cleveland, Philly. Doesn't hold a candle to Boston though. That's my favorite big city I've been to.
Lawrence will be the next Head and Shoulders guy on a National level if he isn't already.
(12-23-2022, 12:52 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]Not in Jax so not sure about local. Does Trevor actually care about endorsements? He seems really football focused.

He doesn't really have to care much.  He got some mac-daddy endorsement deals before he ever played a down, starting with Gatorade if I remember correctly.
Pages: 1 2