Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To the NY Media Blathering about Endorsements

How much you wanna bet Trevor Lawrence gets more endorsements than Wilson?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Man, [BLEEP] new york.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Endorsements don't mean a dang thing on the field.....

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

It really was never in doubt that Trevor would get the endorsement money. He’ll be picking and choosing his endorsement paychecks sooner rather than later.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Zach Wilson is just a non-alcoholic version of Johnny Manziel.

(12-23-2022, 12:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote: How much you wanna bet Trevor Lawrence gets more endorsements than Wilson?

Imagine being an elite NFL QB that's going to make better than $500,000,000 in their career, and thinking big city endorsement money is what will make the difference in your happiness.

If you're not happy with Mahomes kind of money (and his big national endorsements) then it's probably about something other than the money.

(12-23-2022, 12:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Man, [BLEEP] new york.
I’ve long said it’s the most overrated city in America.

Did Wilson get a BenchFactory endorsement yet?
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Not a good sign when you get replaced by a 4th stringer.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Not in Jax so not sure about local. Does Trevor actually care about endorsements? He seems really football focused.

(12-23-2022, 12:52 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Not in Jax so not sure about local. Does Trevor actually care about endorsements? He seems really football focused.

Not sure he does, either.  But in their pathetic attempt to somehow get Trevor Lawrence in New York, that was a theme the media talking heads/hacks from the big apple spewed.

Screw em.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Zack Wilson’s Mom is a hottie.

(12-23-2022, 12:59 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Zack Wilson’s Mom is a hottie.

She’s not unattractive, but she is annoying.

The NFL is national, endorsements are national. Josh Allen is doing a shaving commercial, and he's playing in Buffalo. Mahomes does the State Farm commercials, and he's in Kansas City. Aaron Rodgers also does State Farm commercials, and he's in Green Bay. Etc etc etc. Endorsement money has nothing to do with where you are playing. Trevor will get more endorsement money than Zach Wilson, because he's a superstar, and Wilson is a bust.

And to those who say New York is overrated, I disagree. New York City is fantastic. I love it.

(12-23-2022, 07:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The NFL is national, endorsements are national.  Josh Allen is doing a shaving commercial, and he's playing in Buffalo.  Mahomes does the State Farm commercials, and he's in Kansas City.  Aaron Rodgers also does State Farm commercials, and he's in Green Bay.  Etc etc etc.  Endorsement money has nothing to do with where you are playing.  Trevor will get more endorsement money than Zach Wilson, because he's a superstar, and Wilson is a bust. 

And to those who say New York is overrated, I disagree.  New York City is fantastic.  I love it.

There are local endorsements.  Car dealerships and such.  Smaller time players can make a bit of coin that way.  I remember Akin Ayodele's car battery commercial on the radio.  Do you?

Besides it's not a coincidence that Michael Strahan is now a TV host and Victor Cruz is doing BMW commercials. Show biz money can keep rolling in if people still remember your name and face, and if you're not a QB, the best way to get them to remember your name and face is to play in a big market.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(12-23-2022, 08:21 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 07:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The NFL is national, endorsements are national.  Josh Allen is doing a shaving commercial, and he's playing in Buffalo.  Mahomes does the State Farm commercials, and he's in Kansas City.  Aaron Rodgers also does State Farm commercials, and he's in Green Bay.  Etc etc etc.  Endorsement money has nothing to do with where you are playing.  Trevor will get more endorsement money than Zach Wilson, because he's a superstar, and Wilson is a bust. 

And to those who say New York is overrated, I disagree.  New York City is fantastic.  I love it.

There are local endorsements.  Car dealerships and such.  Smaller time players can make a bit of coin that way.  I remember Akin Ayodele's car battery commercial on the radio.  Do you?

Besides it's not a coincidence that Michael Strahan is now a TV host and Victor Cruz is doing BMW commercials. Show biz money can keep rolling in if people still remember your name and face, and if you're not a QB, the best way to get them to remember your name and face is to play in a big market.

Nonsense.

Strahan got national fame for winning a SB and setting the single season sack record. Cruz also has a SB ring. Also, 90 percent of the NFL TV personalities aren't from NY.

The best way for people to know your name and face is to win rings.

(12-23-2022, 09:12 AM)Predator Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 08:21 AM)mikesez Wrote: There are local endorsements.  Car dealerships and such.  Smaller time players can make a bit of coin that way.  I remember Akin Ayodele's car battery commercial on the radio.  Do you?

Nonsense.

Strahan got national fame for winning a SB and setting the single season sack record. Cruz also has a SB ring. Also, 90 percent of the NFL TV personalities aren't from NY.

The best way for people to know your name and face is to win rings.

Joe Flacco disagrees.

I'm from around an hour north of NYC and I avoid it like the plague. That being said it's a much nicer city than some of the other dumps I've traveled to to watch Jags games like Baltimore, Cleveland, Philly. Doesn't hold a candle to Boston though. That's my favorite big city I've been to.

Lawrence will be the next Head and Shoulders guy on a National level if he isn't already.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-23-2022, 12:52 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Not in Jax so not sure about local. Does Trevor actually care about endorsements? He seems really football focused.

He doesn't really have to care much.  He got some mac-daddy endorsement deals before he ever played a down, starting with Gatorade if I remember correctly.