Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Titans lost. Jags lead division.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Titans have lost 14-19 to the Texans and are at 7-8. Tied by record with Jacksonville with the head to head going to the Jaguars.
I am so glad we don't have to beat the Texans next week. They are much better than their record.
(12-24-2022, 06:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I am so glad we don't have to beat the Texans next week.  They are much better than their record.

Yeah but will love it when we do!
We will win and go into the playoffs on a 5 game win streak
Keep the pedal down. Stay hot.
It's strange to say it but next week's game has the smell of a trap game. Interesting to see if Pederson can keep the team focused. Would be great to roll into the playoffs with a win streak.
I don’t see it as a trap game. They already beat us early in the season. Need to avenge the lost.
Sit lawrence and let him prepare for Tennessee for 2 weeks.
(12-24-2022, 06:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I am so glad we don't have to beat the Texans next week.  They are much better than their record.

They are, but they're not the only ones.
(12-24-2022, 06:31 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Sit lawrence and let him prepare for Tennessee for 2 weeks.

So just throw away the momentum they’ve built?  I think it would be really, really, dumb.
I don’t know what I would do as the staff. I see pros & cons to each side.
Unreal.
(12-24-2022, 06:31 PM)NoShoes Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t see it as a trap game. They already beat us early in the season. Need to avenge the lost.

That will probably be the strategy Doug uses and hopefully it works. Then again, the way the Jags offense is rolling maybe it won't really matter anyway, lol.
The con is the potential of injury.
I don't see a pro that outweighs the con.
Maybe the Tacks will rest their starters too.
I’ve been waiting since 1999 to avenge the 3 losses that season to the Titans…….Our only 3 losses that year!
I could argue both sides but I'd rather we continue to play the starters and keep the momentum going. Maybe you rest the injured guys who could gut it out if they had to. I'd rather we not change what has been working for us. Keep it rolling.
(12-24-2022, 06:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The con is the potential of injury.
I don't see a pro that outweighs the con.
Maybe the Tacks will rest their starters too.

Roster restrictions limit the amount of people u can rest. Anyone that has a knock should sit, if the lines Noth healthy Lawrence should sit.  

If Tyson Campbell has a hang nail, that's a no.  

Young kids needing experience should get a run, snoop conner, the young corners, Tim jones, etc.  Use this game as a preseason game.
Doug is probably gonna rest Brandon Scherff and Travon Walker against the tinhorns so they’re ready for the tacks
(12-24-2022, 06:31 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Sit lawrence and let him prepare for Tennessee for 2 weeks.

No way... keep them hot... You know there's a wild card spot that's not too far out of reach if all else fails I know a lot needs to happen but it's still possible
(12-24-2022, 06:58 PM)Section105Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve been waiting since 1999 to avenge the 3 losses that season to the Titans…….Our only 3 losses that year!

Yes this smash the freaking tacks into the abyss and send them into a two decade death spiral!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5