Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Time and Date of Titans Game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Per John Oehser: 

"The Titans and Jaguars will play in the Week 18 regular-season finale at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville January 7 or 8. The time and date of that matchup has yet to be determined."

Time and DATE?  I knew they could flex the time, but I had no idea they could flex the date.  
(12-25-2022, 06:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Per John Oehser: 

"The Titans and Jaguars will play in the Week 18 regular-season finale at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville January 7 or 8. The time and date of that matchup has yet to be determined."

Time and DATE?  I knew they could flex the time, but I had no idea they could flex the date.  

Yeah, noticed the 7th as a possibility a week ago myself.  I think we’re almost a lock for Sunday Night Football given it’s likely the only win or go home game for both teams involved.  However, I wouldn’t be mad at a Saturday 4pm game or Saturday night game.  Anything else wouldn’t make sense even for the small market team that we are.
(12-25-2022, 11:29 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, noticed the 7th as a possibility a week ago myself.  I think we’re almost a lock for Sunday Night Football given it’s likely the only win or go home game for both teams involved.  However, I wouldn’t be mad at a Saturday 4pm game or Saturday night game.  Anything else wouldn’t make sense even for the small market team that we are.

If it's Saturday, they need to tell us now, because the short final week could affect how we decide to play the Texans game.
(12-25-2022, 11:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2022, 11:29 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, noticed the 7th as a possibility a week ago myself.  I think we’re almost a lock for Sunday Night Football given it’s likely the only win or go home game for both teams involved.  However, I wouldn’t be mad at a Saturday 4pm game or Saturday night game.  Anything else wouldn’t make sense even for the small market team that we are.

If it's Saturday, they need to tell us now, because the short final week could affect how we decide to play the Texans game.

From NFL.com:

In Week 18, two games will be played on Saturday (4:30 PM ET and 8:15 PM ET) with the remainder to be played on  afternoon (1:00 PM ET and 4:25 PM ET) and one matchup to be played on Sunday night (8:20 PM ET). Specific dates, start times, and networks for Week 18 matchups will be determined and announced following the conclusion of Week 17.

So, looks like we won’t find out until after next Sunday’s game.
(12-25-2022, 11:42 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2022, 11:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]If it's Saturday, they need to tell us now, because the short final week could affect how we decide to play the Texans game.

From NFL.com:

In Week 18, two games will be played on Saturday (4:30 PM ET and 8:15 PM ET) with the remainder to be played on  afternoon (1:00 PM ET and 4:25 PM ET) and one matchup to be played on Sunday night (8:20 PM ET). Specific dates, start times, and networks for Week 18 matchups will be determined and announced following the conclusion of Week 17.

That sucks.  Now I would say we need to rest everybody against the Texans, because we could be hit with a short week with no notice.
(12-25-2022, 11:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2022, 11:29 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, noticed the 7th as a possibility a week ago myself.  I think we’re almost a lock for Sunday Night Football given it’s likely the only win or go home game for both teams involved.  However, I wouldn’t be mad at a Saturday 4pm game or Saturday night game.  Anything else wouldn’t make sense even for the small market team that we are.

Short week by a day? Not sure it's that serious.  Rest real injured guys, play everyone else.
(12-25-2022, 11:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2022, 11:42 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]From NFL.com:

That sucks.  Now I would say we need to rest everybody against the Texans, because we could be hit with a short week with no notice.

I don’t think Saturday late afternoon or night is that big a deal vs Sunday since we’re playing at 1pm the Sunday before.  Might be a little different if they were playing Sunday night in week 17 then playing Saturday the following week.
We benefit from extra days this week due to the thurs night game (and that short week didn't prevent a road win)

So - one less day next week prior to hosting the tacks doesn't seem too brutal.
Inconvenient and annoying, but I'm not thinking it's vital to victory.
(12-25-2022, 11:29 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]

Balt v Cinci is a more likely selection especially if Lamar is healthy. Also the NFC 7th seed could play out with a Det v GB play in game. 

Both would be bigger TV markets than Jags vs tenn. It really just depends. 

I think the Jags have definitely bough themselves a few more prime time games next season though, especially given they are facing AFC North with Lamar, Burrow, and Watson and will get either KC/LAC or Buff/Miami from the other divisions.
(12-25-2022, 01:05 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]

Balt v Cinci is a more likely selection especially if Lamar is healthy. Also the NFC 7th seed could play out with a Det v GB play in game. 

I think the Jags have definitely bough themselves a few more prime time games next season though, especially given they are facing AFC North with Lamar, Burrow, and Watson and will get either KC/LAC or Buff/Miami from the other divisions.

I see your points and they crossed my mind, but both of those teams will still be playing the following week.  I could see them going with that game if they think the Jags are gonna roll the tacks so the game wouldn’t be as compelling as a game that’s less certain like BAL vs CIN, but man… our game is very likely going to essentially be a playoff game.  Not sure how you pass that up when selecting a game for the crown jewel of of the week 18 slate of games.

Especially since large parts of the country probably haven’t seen Trevor this year much if at all. I know they played on Thursday night, but even so I don’t think that audience is anywhere near the size of Sunday night football.
(12-25-2022, 01:27 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2022, 01:05 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]Balt v Cinci is a more likely selection especially if Lamar is healthy. Also the NFC 7th seed could play out with a Det v GB play in game. 

I see your points and they crossed my mind, but both of those teams will still be playing the following week.  I could see them going with that game if they think the Jags are gonna roll the tacks so the game wouldn’t be as compelling as a game that’s less certain like BAL vs CIN, but man… our game is very likely going to essentially be a playoff game.  Not sure how you pass that up when selecting a game for the crown jewel of of the week 18 slate of games.

Especially since large parts of the country probably haven’t seen Trevor this year much if at all.  I know they played on Thursday night, but even so I don’t think that audience is anywhere near the size of Sunday night football.

I can only hope the NFL thinks like that. But I haven't seen evidence that the league office or the networks have that kind of foresight.
I’d rather have the 4 o’clock spot on Sunday lol
I would personally prefer Saturday afternoon, if we win, it would give us a full week to prepare and rest before whomever we play in the wild card round. That being said, it has been an eternity since we had a Sunday Night football game.
Hope it's not Saturday no way I can take off and watching the game at work sucks
I’m coaching a game on Sunday the 15th at 2pm so I realllllly hope the game gets flexed.
(12-31-2022, 10:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I’m coaching a game on Sunday the 15th at 2pm so I realllllly hope the game gets flexed.

Zoom it, bro.
I'll be drunk whenever it is.
We are coming from out of town to watch. I have no idea what night to book hotels and what days to take off work. They should give more notice then the Tuesday before the game.
(12-31-2022, 11:20 PM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: [ -> ]We are coming from out of town to watch.  I have no idea what night to book hotels and what days to take off work.  They should give more notice then the Tuesday before the game.

They have to schedule the Saturday games by tomorrow night, so you’ll know what day at least tomorrow.
(12-31-2022, 11:20 PM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: [ -> ]We are coming from out of town to watch. I have no idea what night to book hotels and what days to take off work. They should give more notice then the Tuesday before the game.
Yeah with the Jags game being locked in for the division, it should be set already. If the Titans weren't starting a backup QB it may have been announced for Saturday or Sunday night already. Right now I think they are waiting because there are a lot better matchups that could matter and should be better games. The Jags are expected to win easily.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4