Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: My Home State........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
12 Strange Habits Every Marylander Will Defend To The Death

Marylanders are one-of-a-kind, and our state culture proves it. Take a look at the following habits that may seem strange to out-of-staters but are totally normal to residents of the Old Line State. Here are 12 strange things people from Maryland do; see how many you do, too.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/maryland...VuxxKNBwCo
I hate crab and Old Bay tastes disgusting.

Sorry.
(12-28-2022, 08:24 PM)Butters Wrote: [ -> ]I hate crab and Old Bay tastes disgusting.

Sorry.

Aliens do exist!
(12-28-2022, 08:24 PM)Butters Wrote: [ -> ]I hate crab and Old Bay tastes disgusting.

Sorry.

Surely said in jest, I hope…
(12-28-2022, 08:41 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry.

Surely said in jest, I hope…

Afraid not friend lol.

Last time I ate crab, gave me bad food poisoning and I've never been one for a lot of seasoning on my food. Plus, just taste of crab in general has never appealed to me.

No worries, you are not the only person I know who is astonished when I tell them that I don't like crab lol.
(12-28-2022, 09:02 PM)Butters Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2022, 08:41 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Surely said in jest, I hope…

Afraid not friend lol.

Last time I ate crab, gave me bad food poisoning and I've never been one for a lot of seasoning on my food. Plus, just taste of crab in general has never appealed to me.

No worries, you are not the only person I know who is astonished when I tell them that I don't like crab lol.

Welp, I can’t argue that.  I get it.  You’re missing out, imo.  But it begs the question, what is “your” delicacy that you enjoy?
All I can say is.... when I lived in Jacksonville, I would go out every Saturday on Heckscher Dr by Blount Island, throw my crab traps down, and come back later that day with damn near a bushel of crabs.... I'd have a few friends come over that night, they'd bring the beer and we'd have a crab feast in my back yard...... Good Times......
(12-28-2022, 09:10 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2022, 09:02 PM)Butters Wrote: [ -> ]Afraid not friend lol.

Welp, I can’t argue that.  I get it.  You’re missing out, imo.  But it begs the question, what is “your” delicacy that you enjoy?

Not really a delicacy from the country its from, more the norm(UK) but I can eat the hell out of some pork pies and I think would be considered a delicacy here. Make them myself here in NC when I get the time too and/or go to a pub that has British food, and became a huge fan of them when I studied abroad for a Summer in England about a decade ago.
(12-28-2022, 09:18 PM)Butters Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2022, 09:10 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Welp, I can’t argue that.  I get it.  You’re missing out, imo.  But it begs the question, what is “your” delicacy that you enjoy?

Not really a delicacy from the country it’sfrom, more the norm(UK) but I can eat the hell out of some pork pies and I think would be considered a delicacy here. Make them myself here in NC when I get the time too and/or go to a pub that has British food, and became a huge fan of them when I studied abroad for a Summer in England about a decade ago.

I don’t know what a pork pie is other than a quick search.  Looks good.  You’re in NC, but there is a British pub about 10 miles or so south of me.  I assume it’s authentic.  The news was there when the Queen died.  The owner definitely had the British accent.  Been here for 20 years but never been there.  If I happen to make it there one day, and they serve it, I’ll give it a go.

Sorry.

gooble gobble one of us!

Gimme scallops over crab or lobster any day.

I equate crab legs to wings for dinner - tons of effort, little payoff. TBH, I prefer the imitation (sashimi) over crab, too
(12-29-2022, 09:38 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry.

gooble gobble one of us!

Gimme scallops over crab or lobster any day.

I equate crab legs to wings for dinner - tons of effort, little payoff. TBH, I prefer the imitation (sashimi) over crab, too
I completely get the payoff vs the work thing.  I think that is partly why (aside from the taste) I like those, along with crawfish, oysters and what not.  We’ve gone from dinner being a time for family, to let’s satisfy this basic need.  I actually enjoy “working for it”. It makes dinner with friends and family an activity not a basic necessity to live.  Lots of fun to be had if played right.  Plus it tastes soooo good.

Sorry.

I totally agree with you about the Old Bay crap!
(12-29-2022, 08:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry.

What the [BLEEP] is wrong with you people? Lol.  Old bay is AMAZING!!
(12-29-2022, 08:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry.

Jameis Winston agrees!
(12-29-2022, 08:35 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2022, 08:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]I totally agree with you about the Old Bay crap!

What the [BLEEP] is wrong with you people? Lol.  Old bay is AMAZING!!

If you like the taste of musty old [BLEEP]…sure.
(12-30-2022, 05:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2022, 08:35 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]What the [BLEEP] is wrong with you people? Lol.  Old bay is AMAZING!!

If you like the taste of musty old [BLEEP]…sure.

I'm kinda curious of what the [bleep] is before I make a judgement. 

I'd like to know what you're comparing that to lololol
(12-30-2022, 05:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2022, 05:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]If you like the taste of musty old [BLEEP]…sure.

I'm kinda curious of what the [bleep] is before I make a judgement. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-30-2022, 05:42 PM)Butters Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2022, 05:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I'm kinda curious of what the [bleep] is before I make a judgement. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

No, I'm genuinely curious.. I mean, I've eaten tons of [BLEEP] before, and even though sometimes is was musky, it was still pretty good lolol
I’m curious as well. Spill the beans bunny!
Old Bay..... It's GREAT!

https://www.mccormick.com/old-bay
Pages: 1 2