Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My Home State........

12 Strange Habits Every Marylander Will Defend To The Death

Marylanders are one-of-a-kind, and our state culture proves it. Take a look at the following habits that may seem strange to out-of-staters but are totally normal to residents of the Old Line State. Here are 12 strange things people from Maryland do; see how many you do, too.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/maryland...VuxxKNBwCo
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hate crab and Old Bay tastes disgusting.

Sorry.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(12-28-2022, 08:24 PM)Butters Wrote: I hate crab and Old Bay tastes disgusting.

Sorry.

Aliens do exist!

Sorry.

Surely said in jest, I hope…

(12-28-2022, 08:41 PM)Jags Wrote:

Sorry.

Surely said in jest, I hope…

Afraid not friend lol.

Last time I ate crab, gave me bad food poisoning and I've never been one for a lot of seasoning on my food. Plus, just taste of crab in general has never appealed to me.

No worries, you are not the only person I know who is astonished when I tell them that I don't like crab lol.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(12-28-2022, 09:02 PM)Butters Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 08:41 PM)Jags Wrote: Surely said in jest, I hope…

Afraid not friend lol.

Last time I ate crab, gave me bad food poisoning and I've never been one for a lot of seasoning on my food. Plus, just taste of crab in general has never appealed to me.

No worries, you are not the only person I know who is astonished when I tell them that I don't like crab lol.

Welp, I can’t argue that.  I get it.  You’re missing out, imo.  But it begs the question, what is “your” delicacy that you enjoy?

All I can say is.... when I lived in Jacksonville, I would go out every Saturday on Heckscher Dr by Blount Island, throw my crab traps down, and come back later that day with damn near a bushel of crabs.... I'd have a few friends come over that night, they'd bring the beer and we'd have a crab feast in my back yard...... Good Times......
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(12-28-2022, 09:10 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 09:02 PM)Butters Wrote: Afraid not friend lol.

Welp, I can’t argue that.  I get it.  You’re missing out, imo.  But it begs the question, what is “your” delicacy that you enjoy?

Not really a delicacy from the country its from, more the norm(UK) but I can eat the hell out of some pork pies and I think would be considered a delicacy here. Make them myself here in NC when I get the time too and/or go to a pub that has British food, and became a huge fan of them when I studied abroad for a Summer in England about a decade ago.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(12-28-2022, 09:18 PM)Butters Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 09:10 PM)Jags Wrote: Welp, I can’t argue that.  I get it.  You’re missing out, imo.  But it begs the question, what is “your” delicacy that you enjoy?

Not really a delicacy from the country it’sfrom, more the norm(UK) but I can eat the hell out of some pork pies and I think would be considered a delicacy here. Make them myself here in NC when I get the time too and/or go to a pub that has British food, and became a huge fan of them when I studied abroad for a Summer in England about a decade ago.

I don’t know what a pork pie is other than a quick search.  Looks good.  You’re in NC, but there is a British pub about 10 miles or so south of me.  I assume it’s authentic.  The news was there when the Queen died.  The owner definitely had the British accent.  Been here for 20 years but never been there.  If I happen to make it there one day, and they serve it, I’ll give it a go.

Sorry.

gooble gobble one of us!

Gimme scallops over crab or lobster any day.

I equate crab legs to wings for dinner - tons of effort, little payoff. TBH, I prefer the imitation (sashimi) over crab, too

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2022, 06:59 PM by Jags.)

(12-29-2022, 09:38 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Sorry.

gooble gobble one of us!

Gimme scallops over crab or lobster any day.

I equate crab legs to wings for dinner - tons of effort, little payoff. TBH, I prefer the imitation (sashimi) over crab, too
I completely get the payoff vs the work thing.  I think that is partly why (aside from the taste) I like those, along with crawfish, oysters and what not.  We’ve gone from dinner being a time for family, to let’s satisfy this basic need.  I actually enjoy “working for it”. It makes dinner with friends and family an activity not a basic necessity to live.  Lots of fun to be had if played right.  Plus it tastes soooo good.

Sorry.

I totally agree with you about the Old Bay crap!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-29-2022, 08:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Sorry.

What the [BLEEP] is wrong with you people? Lol.  Old bay is AMAZING!!

(12-29-2022, 08:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Sorry.

Jameis Winston agrees!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(12-29-2022, 08:35 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 08:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I totally agree with you about the Old Bay crap!

What the [BLEEP] is wrong with you people? Lol.  Old bay is AMAZING!!

If you like the taste of musty old [BLEEP]…sure.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-30-2022, 05:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 08:35 PM)Jags Wrote: What the [BLEEP] is wrong with you people? Lol.  Old bay is AMAZING!!

If you like the taste of musty old [BLEEP]…sure.

I'm kinda curious of what the [bleep] is before I make a judgement. 

I'd like to know what you're comparing that to lololol

(12-30-2022, 05:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 05:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: If you like the taste of musty old [BLEEP]…sure.

I'm kinda curious of what the [bleep] is before I make a judgement. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(12-30-2022, 05:42 PM)Butters Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 05:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm kinda curious of what the [bleep] is before I make a judgement. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

No, I'm genuinely curious.. I mean, I've eaten tons of [BLEEP] before, and even though sometimes is was musky, it was still pretty good lolol

I’m curious as well. Spill the beans bunny!

Old Bay..... It's GREAT!

https://www.mccormick.com/old-bay