Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Josh Allen is 5th in the NFL in total pressures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you can't get to the QB atleast pressure him.  He had 9 pressures today.  Pretty crazy he is 5th in the league.

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/...JrZiwzQNEA
Is this season a fluke that he isn’t finishing? There has to be some sort of statistical regression that he’ll get more sacks at this pressure rate.
So weird..
Seems our coverage has gotten better, leading to more time for the pressure to hit home during the win streak.
Josh is a real good player. I have the feeling he has been playing through a few issues.
(01-01-2023, 10:59 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: [ -> ]Seems our coverage has gotten better, leading to more time for the pressure to hit home during the win streak.

Yep. 

Been harping on the need for this for the pass rush to be effective.

Moving Williams outside has been a big part of the equation. Caldwell has also simplified the back seven to a degree to free them up to fly around to the ball more than before. Defensive game plans have been simpler, but more effective by removing some guesswork and letting guys play faster and more instinctively.

The recent jests and tinhorns games have also not exactly presented us with premier quarterbacking to defend
Some beef in the middle up front would turn those pressures into sacks. A Grady Jackson/Ted Washington type. Where's Potroast when you need him?
He has been very disruptive these last few weeks.
They need to keep Walker inside and at 3-tech. Especially in this Saturday night match up. It's possible Allen flips the 3 QB hits into 3 sacks in this one and changes the game early. We know that screen is coming. Would love to see Walker snatch it like he did one back in the season opener.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
(01-02-2023, 01:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]They need to keep Walker inside and at 3-tech. Especially in this Saturday night match up. It's possible Allen flips the 3 QB hits into 3 sacks in this one and changes the game early. We know that screen is coming. Would love to see Walker snatch it like he did one back in the season opener.

I agree.  Similiar to moving Williams to outside Corner, I believe moving Walker inside primarily would have similar results.
Walker outside in a 3 point stance is also looking very good, gents.

Now, regarding the Josh Allen resurgence...

https://twitter.com/HaeruHariken/status/...RdkAcVlRZA
(01-02-2023, 05:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Walker outside in a 3 point stance is also looking very good, gents.

Now, regarding the Josh Allen resurgence...

https://twitter.com/HaeruHariken/status/...RdkAcVlRZA
Really want to see Key stacked with Walker.

Jags FO turning over rocks in search of pass rushing depth

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...Gqwd2Z9gMA
Pls stop putting Allen in coverage
Allen will need to step up more than ever against the Titans. This game is for all the marbles after starting the season 2-6

This could go down as one of the most memorable seasons/games in franchise history. Just like in 1996…win and we’re in.
(01-02-2023, 10:17 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]Pls stop putting Allen in coverage

He literally had a PBU to prevent a TD.  What's the problem? (I'm half kidding) 

BTW, 9 times out of 10 - if a 3-4 OLB is dropping in coverage it is in response to the offense coming out of the huddle into a formation that was unanticipated. And frankly, linebackers sometimes just have to drop and cover even if coordinators try to limit those matchups.

Amen. I cringe when I see it. His body type looks the part of pass rusher. Just doesn’t look right chasing some receiver around.
(01-02-2023, 11:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

He literally had a PBU to prevent a TD.  What's the problem? (I'm half kidding) 

BTW, 9 times out of 10 - if a 3-4 OLB is dropping in coverage it is in response to the offense coming out of the huddle into a formation that was unanticipated. And frankly, linebackers sometimes just have to drop and cover even if coordinators try to limit those matchups.

Yea I get it

Just hard enough having to deal with Allen's up and down form in OLB let alone playing coverage lol
I still believe Josh Allen can be a top tier rusher. Id like to get an extension done this off season and take some of his 5th year option off the cap for next year.
Pages: 1 2 3