Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: stinkin' tacks Message Board - 70% want a win/30% want a loss (high draft pick)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quite interesting.  70% of those responding on the Titans Message Board hope for a win this weekend vs the Jags.  Conversely, 30% of those responding hope for a loss and a potential top 10 pick.

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/45767...n-week-18/

Personally speaking, when the Jags were clearly eliminated from the playoffs and vying for a top 5 pick, I'd root for a loss to get the best pick possible, but this seems odd that the Titans fans would root for a loss when the Division title and playoffs are on the line.  Then again, they're not known for being the sharpest tools in the shed.
(01-03-2023, 01:23 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Quite interesting.  70% of those responding on the Titans Message Board hope for a win this weekend vs the Jags.  Conversely, 30% of those responding hope for a loss and a potential top 10 pick.

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/45767...n-week-18/

As bad as they have been for the last couple of months, beating the Jags would just mean they get embarrassed in the first round of the playoffs, while hurting their chances for picking up a new QB in the draft.  Can't say I blame them much.
30% of those fans suck for their team then.
Just saying playoffs on the line and you're hoping for a loss.
Lame
Mayo chugging pieces of [BLEEP] garbage
Seriously, it's not like those podunk mayo eating morons are in line for a top 3 pick. It's playoffs or bust.

That fanbase has no idea how support a team. They have a HOF RB, a pretty good HC, and they are looking to tank/blow up the squad while being in the AFC South, the dumpster fire of all divisions in football?!?!? Those people should have their TV watching privileges revoked.
Yeah i've been reading their message board for the last 3 weeks. They are descending further and further into hopelessness each week and it's awesome. We need to nail the coffin shut this Saturday.
Except that 30 percent would be right.

Winning the division and making it does them nothing as they will be one and done; they may retain their terrible OC; and get stuck in no man's land in the draft needing a solution at QB
They want Vrabel fired, so that makes sense.
(01-03-2023, 03:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]They want Vrabel fired, so that makes sense.

Firing Vrabel would be a mistake and would be a cherry on top to sweeping them for the division as well.
All Titans fans should be committed...or just punched in the face, whatever works.
30% of their fans are losers.  They're already locked out of the top 6 picks and there are 4 teams at 7-9.  The best they could hope for would be the 7th (haven't looked at tie-breaks yet) and they would prefer that over the playoffs???  I want the 32nd pick!
I’ve said this before, but the only time I’d root for a loss is if a prospect like Trevor were coming out and we were already in contention for the #1 pick. Neither of those things apply this year.

Looking back at drafts from years past and mock re-drafting them will never have the players go anywhere close to the original order they were taken in. As a result, draft order doesn’t matter that much unless the Trevor scenario above happens. It’s evaluation and projection that matters. Play to win your games. What are you even doing as a team or as a fan otherwise?
(01-03-2023, 02:14 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]30% of those fans suck for their team then.
Lame

To be fair, sounds like a bunch of folks around here, too.

I get the logic: Playoffs OR draft position, no in between.  Sorry, just can't think that way, and I'm guessing there's not many players who make it to the NFL that think that way either.
It is kinda crazy that if they lose, they end up with the #9 pick apparently. From potential playoffs to a top 10 pick.
I picture the educated Titan fans like this

[Image: article-1093673-02C46D57000005DC-780_468...1294265349]

The Usual Titan Fans

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
(01-03-2023, 03:31 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Except that 30 percent would be right.

Winning the division and making it does them nothing as they will be one and done; they may retain their terrible OC; and get stuck in no man's land in the draft needing a solution at QB

So what... we might be one and done also. Losers want to lose...

Divisional rivalries matter.
Anyone on here who would rather lose to the tacks no matter the circumstances I'd say the same about.
That just tells me most of them will have their division title hopes ruined
(01-03-2023, 05:59 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2023, 03:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]They want Vrabel fired, so that makes sense.

Firing Vrabel would be a mistake and would be a cherry on top to sweeping them for the division as well.
Why? He has a high floor but the ceiling is also low. They aren't winning with this team, they have peaked, and if they continue they have to rebuild with him as the coach.
(01-03-2023, 06:59 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve said this before, but the only time I’d root for a loss is if a prospect like Trevor were coming out and we were already in contention for the #1 pick. Neither of those things apply this year.

Looking back at drafts from years past and mock re-drafting them will never have the players go anywhere close to the original order they were taken in. As a result, draft order doesn’t matter that much unless the Trevor scenario above happens. It’s evaluation and projection that matters. Play to win your games. What are you even doing as a team or as a fan otherwise?
This year's draft will be a crap shoot. I could see every player drafted moving around in a redraft. There are good players but no player that stands out as a NFL ready player. All the QBs have issues and I wouldn't be surprised if all of them are busts.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(01-03-2023, 07:37 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2023, 02:14 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]30% of those fans suck for their team then.
Lame

I get the logic: Playoffs OR draft position, no in between.  Sorry, just can't think that way, and I'm guessing there's not many players who make it to the NFL that think that way either.

not only that, but even in seasons when our best prospect was a high pick, I still wanted to smother the tacks, final record be danged.
(01-03-2023, 07:37 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]
Lame

Not true.  Jags fans don't root for a loss when the playoffs are on the line.  Who do you see rooting for a loss on this board?
Pages: 1 2 3