Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Honestly, I like the team to face the Chiefs next week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seeing as how the Jaguars have improved the 2nd half of the regular season, I would like to see them go to Arrowhead again for a rematch with the Chiefs. I like to see how much difference it will make to face the Chiefs again. A win would be exciting for sure. Taking out the number 1 seed will be a big boost deep into the playoffs.
It's a tall order. KC is strong and hard to beat in their house. But we'll have the revenge factor going in. All we can do really is hope they play the whole game like they did the second half last night.
hey 24 hour rule, celbreate last nights win for 24 hours first.
(01-15-2023, 09:22 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]hey 24 hour rule, celbreate last nights win for 24 hours first.

I'm going to celebrate last night's win until we lose, if we lose.  The players need to get over it.  I don't need to get over it.
(01-15-2023, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 09:22 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]hey 24 hour rule, celbreate last nights win for 24 hours first.

I'm going to celebrate last night's win until we lose, if we lose.  The players need to get over it.  I don't need to get over it.

Facts. 

I just got transferred to the practice field to help finish up and was thinking how hard it going to be to go to work this week and have to look at the stadium. Now I’m ready to get my tools together and head in today.

Amazing what winning can do
That type of win last night? I wouldn’t be surprised if it carries us further and that we go into arrowhead inspired and whoop dat [BLEEP] next week.
If the can play the whole game like they did the second half last night, I don't care who they play. They can beat anybody playing like that...... First half team won't win another game.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk
One of those days when there's so many thoughts on the next game...

I can't see Miami beating the bills but I wouldn't be surprised if the ravens snuck past the bengals, stranger things have happened in intra-divisional games.

Either way whoever we face is going to be wary ... No one likes facing a team when you've no idea what they're going to do, it's unnerving, and this jags team goes from hot to cold and back again faster than a spaniel on benzedrine fetching a tennis ball. If they lose by 100 next week, you go 'Aye, well, bound to happen' ... If they win by 100 you go 'Aye, well, bound to happen' and if Trevor takes the opening snap of the second half, grows a tail, turns into the lizard king and floats off to Mars the stadium would look at it and go 'Well... That explains it then ... Because bloody jags' Aye

I'd agree with Jagmeister ... We've got Osi Umenyiora who does a lot of the media over here and when he talks about the giants two super bowls he brings up 'uncle Mo mentum' as a massive factor every time .... Well uncle Mo is driving the jags team bus right about now!!

In a strange way Doug 's biggest job this week might be bringing the players back down. They'll be high as kites (and rightly so) but he'll probably want them to enjoy it, then settle down, prepare for the divisional round and recover. Won't be wanting them high on adrenaline till Thursday then absolutely crashing at the weekend. The fact we've had some big wins this year then backed it up makes me feel pretty good on that score though. If someone could quietly ask Trevor to stop giving the opposition the ball, well, we've nothing to fear... As quite a few folk have already mentioned, we're playing with house money and most of the rest have aaalll the pressure and expectation on them. So let's give whoever it is a few polite reminders this week and then get tore into them.

Great days, great days indeed
(01-15-2023, 09:49 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]That type of win last night? I wouldn’t be surprised if it carries us further and that we go into arrowhead inspired and whoop dat [BLEEP] next week.

I kinda have this feeling that we're going to Cincy next week. Can't explain it, I just think the Bills are due for a let down.
(01-15-2023, 10:08 AM)cat bells Wrote: [ -> ]One of those days when there's so many thoughts on the next game...

I can't see Miami beating the bills but I wouldn't be surprised if the ravens snuck past the bengals, stranger things have happened in intra-divisional games.

Either way whoever we face is going to be wary ... No one likes facing a team when you've no idea what they're going to do, it's unnerving, and this jags team goes from hot to cold and back again faster than a spaniel on benzedrine fetching a tennis ball. If they lose by 100 next week, you go 'Aye, well, bound to happen' ... If they win by 100 you go 'Aye, well, bound to happen' and if Trevor takes the opening snap of the second half, grows a tail, turns into the lizard king and floats off to Mars the stadium would look at it and go 'Well... That explains it then ... Because bloody jags' Aye

I'd agree with Jagmeister ... We've got Osi Umenyiora who does a lot of the media over here and when he talks about the giants two super bowls he brings up 'uncle Mo mentum' as a massive factor every time .... Well uncle Mo is driving the jags team bus right about now!!

In a strange way Doug 's biggest job this week might be bringing the players back down. They'll be high as kites (and rightly so) but he'll probably want them to enjoy it, then settle down, prepare for the divisional round and recover. Won't be wanting them high on adrenaline till Thursday then absolutely crashing at the weekend. The fact we've had some big wins this year then backed it up makes me feel pretty good on that score though. If someone could quietly ask Trevor to stop giving the opposition the ball, well, we've nothing to fear... As quite a few folk have already mentioned, we're playing with house money and most of the rest have aaalll the pressure and expectation on them. So let's give whoever it is a few polite reminders this week and then get tore into them.

Man, that's good writing.
(01-15-2023, 10:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 10:08 AM)cat bells Wrote: [ -> ]One of those days when there's so many thoughts on the next game...

Man, that's good writing.

Thats because they still value education in Britain.

Please dont move me to the poli section.
(01-15-2023, 10:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Man, that's good writing.

Ah that's very decent of you sir, very kind

What can I say, my country put a small amount of our dwindling money into our school system ... America put a large amount of theirs into nukes ... So the jokes on us!

However let's not derail the thread, I'm gonna stick my neck on the block and say we play the bills next week

Ah a fellow Brit.

But yes I agree with everything you say. 

I also don’t think teams will fancy planning us to much because who knows what they play, we’re very difficult to game plan against.
(01-15-2023, 09:55 AM)raptor6581 Wrote: [ -> ]If the can play the whole game like they did the second half last night, I don't care who they play. They can beat anybody playing like that...... First half team won't win another game.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Yes, 
you just know the Chiefs will be thinking about this next week. 

We didn't have a chance last time but I think we can beat them. It's no longer about the best players, it's about a team that's refusing to give up.
(01-15-2023, 10:27 AM)cat bells Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 10:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Man, that's good writing.

Ah that's very decent of you sir, very kind

What can I say, my country put a small amount of our dwindling money into our school system ... America put a large amount of theirs into nukes ... So the jokes on us!

However let's not derail the thread, I'm gonna stick my neck on the block and say we play the bills next week

Actually, i think i'd rather play them, theyve looked vulnerable lately. I think we can limit the run game of either the Chefs or Bills and make them one dimensional. And if that dimension beats us, then we did our best.

One thing is for sure, no team left in the playoffs beats the Jags team that showed up in the 2nd half last nite.
Anything is possible after last night. Hell, anything was possible after they ripped 5, 6 wins off in a row.

No lead is safe. I watched a young, post season Peyton Manning in one half turn into [BLEEP] Captain Cool Joe Montana in the second half.

That's unreal. Getting chills just recollecting that. Are we a team of destiny? I dont know. Maybe. Do we have a shot at winning it all this year or in the very near future?

Damn straight we do. [Image: 06ed6970052e07cea918e91a7bb0edb8.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
(01-15-2023, 10:38 AM)New Jags City Wrote: [ -> ]I think we can limit the run game of either the Chefs or Bills and make them one dimensional. And if that dimension beats us, then we did our best.

I'd not disagree with that
It’s the Chiefs with Mahomes and Andy Reid after a BYE week.

The odds are very low the Jags win this game but I don’t care! I’m just happy I get to watch this team, during this season, and these players one more time.

This has been the best season in Jags history regardless of the records of other seasons or where the Jags ended up. This season is #1 for me. All the comebacks. All the downs. All memes (Jags media deserves an Oscar). It’s just been the best.
(01-15-2023, 10:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]It’s the Chiefs with Mahomes and Andy Reid after a BYE week.

The odds are very low the Jags win this game but I don’t care! I’m just happy I get to watch this team, during this season, and these players one more time.

This has been the best season in Jags history regardless of the records of other seasons or where the Jags ended up. This season is #1 for me. All the comebacks. All the downs. All memes (Jags media deserves an Oscar). It’s just been the best.

The Bucs handled Mahomes and Reid a couple years back after a bye. Bengals won last year without one. And unless the record keepers lie, the Chefs have lost games this year. Stop slobbering over Mahomes and Reid like they are invincible. Or at least get a dribble bib.

We just won a game we statistically had 0% chance of winning, per turnover margin stats. We can beat the Chefs.
(01-15-2023, 10:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]It’s the Chiefs with Mahomes and Andy Reid after a BYE week.

I agree. I don't expect a win (but with this team it seems like everything is possible) but even if we lose this has been a great season and the whole team will only get better!

Bright days ahead my dudes.
Pages: 1 2 3