Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anyone Else? (Waffle House)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I can't say I'm necessarily a huge fan of the place.

People like Tony Kornheiser have used it to ridicule Jacksonville over the years.

But does anyone else take a certain sense of pride in the fact Trevor Lawrence stopped by Waffle House after the win over the Chargers?

It's not as though I was there myself to see him and get selfies with him.

It's not as though Waffle House is headquartered here.

But, I dunno.  Seeing him there, supposedly there for two hours, eagerly taking selfies and chatting up the fans and staff there,tipping well, not treating people like the great unwashed masses, brings a smile to my face.  Maybe it's as much a function of Jacksonville not being as much of a 24 hour place as other places.  But it's as if with that one gesture, he gives folks like Kornheiser the finger while endearing himself to scores more fans here in Jacksonville.
#DUUUVAL
I grew up in the SouthWest and moved to the Jacksonville Area about 4 years ago.

The city I lived in had a wafflehouse on Central and Tramway, and still, to this day, is the furthest west any Waffle House is.

Waffle House, is pretty legend. Seeing Trevor walk into that Jax Waffle House lookin' like a college kid rollin' up after a party just reminds me of the simplicity of life. And I think it was beautiful. Additionally, the concept of Waffle House had been getting a bad rap because of a few viral videos showing violence at the establishment. But bros, I've never seen violence at a Waffle House, and in my 20s I was drunk and stupid rolling up into the spot as well.

Good on Trevor Lawrence. Dude just took a negative and turned it back into a positive. This is Trevor's city now. It's time to follow this dude to progress. Not just in football, but the entire city is on board for a change. It's time to develop the city, man. It's time to keep your head up high and push your chest out and say you are from Jacksonville and we're winners. And Trevor showing up to that Waffle House was perfect.
(01-16-2023, 12:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I can't say I'm necessarily a huge fan of the place.

People like Tony Kornheiser have used it to ridicule Jacksonville over the years.

But does anyone else take a certain sense of pride in the fact Trevor Lawrence stopped by Waffle House after the win over the Chargers?

But, I dunno.  Seeing him there, supposedly there for two hours, eagerly taking selfies and chatting up the fans and staff there,tipping well, not treating people like the great unwashed masses, brings a smile to my face.  Maybe it's as much a function of Jacksonville not being as much of a 24 hour place as other places.  But it's as if with that one gesture, he gives folks like Kornheiser the finger while endearing himself to scores more fans here in Jacksonville.

Now that you bring this up and coupled with Trevor’s penchant for wearing the old logo in pressers, are you suggesting he’s made himself fully aware of Jags media lore including Kornheiser and made the Waffle House visit intentionally in response to that? That would be something indeed.
If the Jaguars can get Jacksonville associated with winning in the local taxpayer’s and nation’s eye, good things unrelated to football will start to happen.
I love, love the sausage/hash brown bowl, double sausage, double hash browns, and four eggs over easy on the side to top off the bowl. You don’t want the yolk to overcook so you want to wait until the last second to put eggs on. Break up eggs in the bowl, then add copious amounts of Tabasco ( and I mean A Lot of Tabasco ) and enjoy…

Damn it, now I want one
I mean - it was the only place open on his way home after a primetime game and presser, but we are going to have more prime time games coming our way.

Also:

[Image: tl-wh.jpg]
(01-16-2023, 12:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I mean - it was the only place open on his way home after a primetime game and presser, but we are going to have more prime time games coming our way.

Also:

[Image: tl-wh.jpg]

Yes almost certainly coincidence, but a funny one nonetheless.
(01-16-2023, 12:15 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]I love, love the sausage/hash brown bowl, double sausage, double hash browns, and four eggs over easy on the side to top off the bowl. You don’t want the yolk to overcook so you want to wait until the last second to put eggs on. Break up eggs in the bowl, then add copious amounts of Tabasco ( and I mean A Lot of Tabasco ) and enjoy…

Damn it, now I want one

This is my "GO" order.  I've been trying for the last 2 years because of inflation, to try and make hash browns the way Waffle House makes hash browns.  And for the life of me, I still can't do it!

Man, ya'll here in the East Coast are missing out on Green Chile, though...  

I swear to god, if I had more money, I could make a billion dollars introducing the south east to Green Chile.
(01-16-2023, 12:20 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2023, 12:15 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]I love, love the sausage/hash brown bowl, double sausage, double hash browns, and four eggs over easy on the side to top off the bowl. You don’t want the yolk to overcook so you want to wait until the last second to put eggs on. Break up eggs in the bowl, then add copious amounts of Tabasco ( and I mean A Lot of Tabasco ) and enjoy…

Damn it, now I want one

This is my "GO" order.  I've been trying for the last 2 years because of inflation, to try and make hash browns the way Waffle House makes hash browns.  And for the life of me, I still can't do it!

I swear to god, if I had more money, I could make a billion dollars introducing the south east to Green Chile.

Green chili sounds delicious, but it would definitely change the taste of the bowl…I just love the rich yolky taste withe crunch of the hash browns and the perfect tasting heat you get with the Tabasco, rustic flavors if you will.

Damn it, now I want one

Damn, son. 
Does your cardiologist know about this? 

(I get that bowl with two over med eggs,  no double ups, and moderately-liberal tobacco application) 

Big Grin
(01-16-2023, 12:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Damn it, now I want one

Damn, son. 

(I get that bowl with two over med eggs,  no double ups, and moderately-liberal tobacco application) 

Big Grin
Once or twice a month, mayo will kill me first. Hahaha
(01-16-2023, 12:25 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2023, 12:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, son. 

Big Grin
Once or twice a month, mayo will kill me first. Hahaha

MAYO?!?!?!!?  

Are you living in Tennessee?!?!!?
(01-16-2023, 12:20 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]

Damn it, now I want one

I frequent NM AND AZ. 

I'm a green Chili fiend. 

I'll put it on everything and it's especially good with breakfast skillets/scrambles etc
(01-16-2023, 12:26 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2023, 12:25 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Once or twice a month, mayo will kill me first. Hahaha

MAYO?!?!?!!?  

Are you living in Tennessee?!?!!?

Not on the sausage bowl… but on just about everything thing else…

I think mayo may be my favorite food, Hahaha
Thought it was cool.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Don't feel all singled out. The Kornheisers of the world also ride the Bucs pretty hard for the same thing. "What are you going to do with your free time in Tampa? Go to waffle house?!"
(01-16-2023, 12:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2023, 12:20 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]This is my "GO" order.  I've been trying for the last 2 years because of inflation, to try and make hash browns the way Waffle House makes hash browns.  And for the life of me, I still can't do it!

I frequent NM AND AZ. 

I'm a green Chili fiend. 

I'll put it on everything and it's especially good with breakfast skillets/scrambles etc

YEEEEES!!!  

The way the green chili works with the egg yolk and hash browns and cheese...  It just amps up everything!  

So I got my local Harris Teeter in Fernandina Beach to order frozen Green Chili from New Mexico...  I'm beginning to work on perfecting my Green Chile sauce.  I hope to one day introduce my recipe at a tailgate next year...  I have some time to perfect it.  I've been working on my recipe for the past month or so.

Damn it, now I want one

Ever tried it with a different hot sauce? Waffle House might have some choices and most hot sauces are better than Tabasco.
(01-16-2023, 12:09 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2023, 12:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I can't say I'm necessarily a huge fan of the place.

Now that you bring this up and coupled with Trevor’s penchant for wearing the old logo in pressers, are you suggesting he’s made himself fully aware of Jags media lore including Kornheiser and made the Waffle House visit intentionally in response to that?  That would be something indeed.
I'm not quite going that far, although it would make some sense that the #1 overall pick would study the franchise and town he's likely to which he's likely to move.

I've never met him, but based on everything I've seen and heard, at his core, he is a down to earth person.  While he is an elite talent at QB, he doesn't seem the least bit elitist in mindset.  Somehow, I couldn't imagine Marino, Montana or Elway ever stopping at a Waffle House.
Pages: 1 2 3 4