Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This "Teacher", and the entire school board, should be thrown out.........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This county is right next door to where I live....... It's about a 25 minute drive...... It's known as the most liberal county in the entire state of Maryland

Nonbinary teacher has 'good laughs' about hiding kids' gender changes from parents, claims admin supports it

Lane Cogdill said, 'I carried on with my terrifying, clear agenda'

A Maryland teacher said intentionally concealing students' gender changes, "especially from parents," was part of "explicit" district policy and provided "good laughs," Fox News Digital found. 

Lane Cogdill works at Silver Spring International Middle School in the Montgomery County Public Schools District, according to its website. The teacher uses "ze/zir," "they/them" and "he/him" pronouns

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nonbinary-...m-supports
(02-10-2023, 08:48 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]This county is right next door to where I live....... It's about a 25 minute drive...... It's known as the most liberal county in the entire state of Maryland

Nonbinary teacher has 'good laughs' about hiding kids' gender changes from parents, claims admin supports it

A Maryland teacher said intentionally concealing students' gender changes, "especially from parents," was part of "explicit" district policy and provided "good laughs," Fox News Digital found. 

Lane Cogdill works at Silver Spring International Middle School in the Montgomery County Public Schools District, according to its website. The teacher uses "ze/zir," "they/them" and "he/him" pronouns

It’s known as the most liberal county?!

The horror!

You wanna know the reality and not what Fox News is posting?

Teachers are exhausted. Things have changed since Covid and I can’t even pin point the exact reason. We are asked to cover classes during our lunch break because there are no subs. Bus drivers are being asked to run double shifts at the same school because there’s no bus drivers. Teachers aren’t sitting around and “laughing” at situations like this because we don’t have the time. Teachers are so emotionally and physically spent that at the end of the day, we don’t go to happy hour anymore but instead, head straight home. I don’t expect anyone on this board to understand at all unless you are a teacher. You can’t comprehend. So while some of you may think we are out there to indoctrinate your children and make them all gay, that’s simply not the case. 99% of teachers show up every day because we truly care. Even though we are exhausted, we still show up for these kids.
(02-10-2023, 09:13 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 08:48 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]This county is right next door to where I live....... It's about a 25 minute drive...... It's known as the most liberal county in the entire state of Maryland

The horror!

But what about the teacher in the story? What is your opinion of that?
(02-10-2023, 09:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 09:13 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]It’s known as the most liberal county?!

The horror!

But what about the teacher in the story? What is your opinion of that?
She’s doing what the county is asking. Is it right? Maybe not but she is doing what we are asked to do.

Who knows if this kid has come out to their parents or not. Maybe they’re terrified about going home because they’ll be beaten for being trans or gay. So if a student confides personal information to a teacher, it’s not the teacher job to tell their parents.

And the “good laughs” is taken completely out of context to rile up the far right to say “see see! They’re trying to make all the kids gay!”
I'm telling ya, one of these days, one of these teachers are going to go too far with someone's child, and that parent is going to take matters into their own hands and it's going to be bloody.

The writing is on the wall and most people can see it.
(02-10-2023, 10:51 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I'm telling ya, one of these days, one of these teachers are going to go too far with someone's child, and that parent is going to take matters into their own hands and it's going to be bloody.

If you’re that worried, home school them. No one is forcing you to send them to a public school.

Always blaming teachers. A tale as old as time.
(02-10-2023, 11:00 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 10:51 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I'm telling ya, one of these days, one of these teachers are going to go too far with someone's child, and that parent is going to take matters into their own hands and it's going to be bloody.

If you’re that worried, home school them. No one is forcing you to send them to a public school.

Because this is a teacher problem. I'm up for privatization of the school system and getting rid of all of them. 

They need to stick to the curriculum of Math, Reading, English and Science and leave their mental illnesses out of it.

And parents shouldn't have to pull their kids out of school because of some fat slob with green, pink or blue hair who wants to try to convince little Johnny to be a Jill.

I used to have sympathy for public school teachers, but that went out the window years ago. Now it's just a safe harbor for pedophiles and the corrupt.
(02-10-2023, 11:15 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 11:00 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]If you’re that worried, home school them. No one is forcing you to send them to a public school.

Because this is a teacher problem. I'm up for privatization of the school system and getting rid of all of them. 

They need to stick to the curriculum of Math, Reading, English and Science and leave their mental illnesses out of it.

And parents shouldn't have to pull their kids out of school because of some fat slob with green, pink or blue hair who wants to try to convince little Johnny to be a Jill.

I used to have sympathy for public school teachers, but that went out the window years ago. Now it's just a safe harbor for pedophiles and the corrupt.
Look at you falling for the far rights trap.

this is exactly why I was hesitant to post in the first place. You have no clue what you’re talking about but instead getting your “information” from Fox News and other media outlets.
(02-10-2023, 09:13 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]

The horror!

Teachers are exhausted. Things have changed since Covid and I can’t even pin point the exact reason. We are asked to cover classes during our lunch break because there are no subs. Bus drivers are being asked to run double shifts at the same school because there’s no bus drivers. Teachers aren’t sitting around and “laughing” at situations like this because we don’t have the time. Teachers are so emotionally and physically spent that at the end of the day, we don’t go to happy hour anymore but instead, head straight home. I don’t expect anyone on this board to understand at all unless you are a teacher. You can’t comprehend. So while some of you may think we are out there to indoctrinate your children and make them all gay, that’s simply not the case. 99% of teachers show up every day because we truly care. Even though we are exhausted, we still show up for these kids.

Well said. My daughter taught for 3 years at a middle school Prep Academy (public school) in St Johns county, which is one of the most conservative (and highest rated educationally) counties in the state of FLA. Nominated twice for teacher of the year. She loved her job, but eventually, it was just too much, for all the reasons (and more) you just stated. Worked 12 - 14 hours a day, with about 6 of that being admin duties. Answering e-mail constantly from parents. Extra duties like serving as her school's Girls Athletic director, for the whopping sum of $700, which entailed an extra 10 hours a week for the entire school year. Constant [BLEEP] by parents who won't back up teachers with any sort of support or discipline. Average to below average pay. I was glad for her the day that she finally resigned.

If we want change, we need to change our school boards, not necessarily our local school teachers and administrators. For the most part, they are hamstrung by policies from higher up. Just pawns in the game. Yes, there are some teachers that take advantage of and are protected by current policies, but they (al least for now) are in the minority. I'm sure that this varies by location, and some of the loonier places like San Fran may be tipping on the edge of too far gone, but I'd wager that even there you have similar sentiment.
(02-10-2023, 11:30 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 09:13 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]It’s known as the most liberal county?!

The horror!

Well said.  My daughter taught for 3 years at a middle school Prep Academy (public school) in St Johns county, which is one of the most conservative (and highest rated educationally) counties in the state of FLA.  Nominated twice for teacher of the year.  She loved her job, but eventually, it was just too much, for all the reasons (and more) you just stated.  Worked 12 - 14 hours a day, with about 6 of that being admin duties.  Answering e-mail constantly from parents.  Extra duties like serving as her school's Girls Athletic director, for the whopping sum of $700, which entailed an extra 10 hours a week for the entire school year.  Constant [BLEEP] by parents who won't back up teachers with any sort of support or discipline. Average to below average pay.  I was glad for her the day that she finally resigned. 

If we want change, we need to change our school boards, not necessarily our local school teachers and administrators.  For the most part, they are hamstrung by policies from higher up.  Just pawns in the game.  Yes, there are some teachers that take advantage of and are protected by current policies, but they (al least for now) are in the minority.  I'm sure that this varies by location, and some of the loonier places like San Fran may be tipping on the edge of too far gone, but I'd wager that even there you have similar sentiment.
Thank you.

I appreciate this.
COVID has turned the world upside down and like Cleatwood says, it’s difficult to pinpoint any one thing.
My guess is since the pandemic demonstrated a lot of people can work from home, that is what many prospective employees want, including younger workers who make up the bulk of the hands-on labor force. Added to this is the leftward shift of the younger generation (you should see the legions of Bernie supporters on Reddit) demanding the benefits and higher earnings of established workers and it spells out shortages of workplace labor. We’re living in a new norm and I have no idea where it will lead.
(02-10-2023, 11:29 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 11:15 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Because this is a teacher problem. I'm up for privatization of the school system and getting rid of all of them. 

Look at you falling for the far rights trap.

this is exactly why I was hesitant to post in the first place. You have no clue what you’re talking about but instead getting your “information” from Fox News and other media outlets.

I don't watch Fox News.. Don't watch CNN either. The only news I watch is local. I don't buy into cable news networks anymore.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.../rcna47064

https://nypost.com/2021/09/02/pro-antifa...-be-fired/

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/...mbUEA&s=19

https://twitter.com/apexworldnews/status...O54iA&s=19

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/stat...4M0lw&s=19

But this isn't a teacher problem. This is a Fox News problem lolol
(02-10-2023, 11:55 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 11:29 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Look at you falling for the far rights trap.

I don't watch Fox News.. Don't watch CNN either. The only news I watch is local. I don't buy into cable news networks anymore.

Im telling you what’s really happening because I live it every day and your response is some “libs of tik tok” twitter account?

Im not denying some teachers are bad and they’re making very poor choices. But are all cops bad because some abuse their power?

You’re trying to lump in an entire profession when that’s not the case. But in your head, we are all pedophiles? You’re just flat out wrong but sure, go ahead and blame millions of teachers.
(02-10-2023, 12:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 11:55 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I don't watch Fox News.. Don't watch CNN either. The only news I watch is local. I don't buy into cable news networks anymore.

Im telling you what’s really happening because I live it every day and your response is some “libs of tik tok” twitter account?

Im not denying some teachers are bad and they’re making very poor choices. But are all cops bad because some abuse their power?

You’re trying to lump in an entire profession when that’s not the case. But in your head, we are all pedophiles? You’re just flat out wrong but sure, go ahead and blame millions of teachers.

I never said all teachers are pedophiles, I said it was a safe harbor for them.

I have no doubt in my mind that there are some real A+ teachers out there, and you just don't hear about them because of the reasons I posted. 

But the reasons I posted are a major concern and to pretend it doesn't happen, does a major disservice to the kids involved.

And if you're a teacher and don't approve of the behaviors that I posted, you for one, should be extremely upset with all of this nonsense because it casts your professional in a very negative light.

Be upset with the criminal and the crime, not the victims or the messengers.
(02-10-2023, 12:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 12:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Im telling you what’s really happening because I live it every day and your response is some “libs of tik tok” twitter account?

I never said all teachers are pedophiles, I said it was a safe harbor for them.

I have no doubt in my mind that there are some real A+ teachers out there, and you just don't hear about them because of the reasons I posted. 

But the reasons I posted are a major concern and to pretend it doesn't happen, does a major disservice to the kids involved.

And if you're a teacher and don't approve of the behaviors that I posted, you for one, should be extremely upset with all of this nonsense because it casts your professional in a very negative light.

I don’t agree at all with what these teachers are doing. It’s not the teachers place to have these discussions. But what would you have me do?

What should the good cops do when there are bad cops murdering innocent people and abusing their power?

I am one man, teaching PE in an elementary school and I do it well. I come in every day with a good mindset and attitude. That’s the best I can do and I’ll do it for as long as I’m able to. And honestly, that’s how 99% of the teachers work.
(02-10-2023, 12:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 12:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I never said all teachers are pedophiles, I said it was a safe harbor for them.

I don’t agree at all with what these teachers are doing. It’s not the teachers place to have these discussions. But what would you have me do?

What should the good cops do when there are bad cops murdering innocent people and abusing their power?

I am one man, teaching PE in an elementary school and I do it well. I come in every day with a good mindset and attitude. That’s the best I can do and I’ll do it for as long as I’m able to.

Then just keep chuggin along and do your thing.. Nothing wrong with that.

But don't get upset with anyone posting these horror stories or the public getting upset over it. Parents have every right to be upset with teachers over these stories.

And the only thing that YOU can do, personally, is if you see something, say something. Bring it to light, let the investigators do their jobs and hope for the best.
(02-10-2023, 12:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 12:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t agree at all with what these teachers are doing. It’s not the teachers place to have these discussions. But what would you have me do?

I am one man, teaching PE in an elementary school and I do it well. I come in every day with a good mindset and attitude. That’s the best I can do and I’ll do it for as long as I’m able to.

Then just keep chuggin along and do your thing.. Nothing wrong with that.

But don't get upset with anyone posting these horror stories or the public getting upset over it. Parents have every right to be upset with teachers over these stories.

And the only thing that YOU can do, personally, is if you see something, say something. Bring it to light, let the investigators do their jobs and hope for the best.
Sorry but I will get upset when you say things like “harboring pedophiles”. It’s not true. There are pedophiles in every profession as well as MANY in the Catholic Church. 

Parents have a right to be upset WITH SPECIFIC TEACHERS but not the teaching profession as a whole. As the whole, 99% are doing right by these kids. So instead of lumping the profession together, take it as a case by case or person by person situation.
(02-10-2023, 01:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 12:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Then just keep chuggin along and do your thing.. Nothing wrong with that.

Sorry but I will get upset when you say things like “harboring pedophiles”. It’s not true. There are pedophiles in every profession as well as MANY in the Catholic Church. 

Parents have a right to be upset WITH SPECIFIC TEACHERS but not the teaching profession as a whole. As the whole, 99% are doing right by these kids. So instead of lumping the profession together, take it as a case by case or person by person situation.

Why else would a grown man or woman want to talk about sex or sexual identity to a 3rd grader?

And did I or did I not say that there's some A+ teachers out there?

And why get upset because I posted a Tweet by Libs of Tiktok? If the message is truth, does it matter who says it?

So what's this guy's problem?

https://twitter.com/Project_Veritas/stat...on43g&s=19
(02-10-2023, 01:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 12:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Then just keep chuggin along and do your thing.. Nothing wrong with that.

Correct. Just as people have a right to be upset WITH SPECIFIC PRIESTS but not the priesthood as a whole. So instead of lumping the profession together, take it as a case by case or priest by priest situation.
(02-10-2023, 01:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 01:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but I will get upset when you say things like “harboring pedophiles”. It’s not true. There are pedophiles in every profession as well as MANY in the Catholic Church. 

Why else would a grown man or woman want to talk about sex or sexual identity to a 3rd grader?

And did I or did I not say that there's some A+ teachers out there?

And why get upset because I posted a Tweet by Libs of Tiktok? If the message is truth, does it matter who says it?

So what's this guy's problem?

https://twitter.com/Project_Veritas/stat...on43g&s=19
How would I know what that guys problem is…. I’m not him. Take it up with him.

My point (that you’re completely missing) is that all teachers shouldn’t be lumped together. You keep bringing up specific people as if I’m supposed to answer for them. Should one cop answer for the actions of another? No idea what you do/did for work but if someone else did something, should you have to answer for it?
Pages: 1 2 3