Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: tacks Shopping Henry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Per PFT. 

The new GM is rebuilding and looks like he wants to all out tank to do it. 

Looking forward to pushing them to rock bottom
Yep. There was speculation on this a few weeks ago. Buffalo was a team that was mentioned as a potential trading candidate. Just not sure why the owner would can the General Manager and retain the football coach. Vrabel is good. However, he seems to have fallen into that defensive coaching hole that most defensive minded coaches fall into.

Marvin Lewis, Jack Del Rio, Ron Rivera, etc. Just seems to fall short offensively every year.
Like I said before, no reason to worry about Henry ever again. He either won't be a tack or he will be stonewalled behind a suspect Oline.

I'm more nervous that the tacks will be so bad that they'll be in play for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.
(03-06-2023, 01:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said before, no reason to worry about Henry ever again. He either won't be a tack or he will be stonewalled behind a suspect Oline.

I'm more nervous that the tacks will be so bad that they'll be in play for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.

There’s whispers of a trade up for them with kings ransom to get Bryce. Guess we’ll see
(03-06-2023, 01:07 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Per PFT. 

The new GM is rebuilding and looks like he wants to all out tank to do it. 

Looking forward to pushing them to rock bottom

Per the TitansReport message board, most of them seem to be resigned to a long rebuild. 2 to 3 years. However, Tannehill will cost too much to cut outright. Looks more like they are targeting 2023 for a QB. In the meantime, they are going to look at getting back cap space and rebuilding their lines thru the draft. Hendon Hooker is being considered as a mid round QB flyer pick.
I'd offer them a ham sammich and a picture of their purdiest cousin.

You know they won't be able to refuse that offer.
They said he could be picked up for a 3rd RD pick. At least that's what I heard on 1010XL this morning from Mia O'Brian.
(03-08-2023, 12:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]They said he could be picked up for a 3rd RD pick. At least that's what I heard on 1010XL this morning from Mia O'Brian.

At least they are being realistic. Last year of his deal, lots of mileage, devalued position.
Someone will absolutely offer a 3rd for him
(03-09-2023, 09:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2023, 12:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]They said he could be picked up for a 3rd RD pick. At least that's what I heard on 1010XL this morning from Mia O'Brian.

At least they are being realistic. Last year of his deal, lots of mileage, devalued position.

(03-09-2023, 10:11 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Someone will absolutely offer a 3rd for him

Buffalo, Cincinnati and Miami all seem like teams that could be in play for him. As he fits a need, provides an upgrade and enables them to potentially keep games close in the colder months down the stretch.
(03-09-2023, 10:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2023, 09:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]At least they are being realistic. Last year of his deal, lots of mileage, devalued position.

(03-09-2023, 10:11 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Someone will absolutely offer a 3rd for him

Buffalo, Cincinnati and Miami all seem like teams that could be in play for him. As he fits a need, provides an upgrade and enables them to potentially keep games close in the colder months down the stretch.

I hope he goes to the NFC. He still had better than average games against us last year.
(03-09-2023, 11:02 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2023, 10:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Buffalo, Cincinnati and Miami all seem like teams that could be in play for him. As he fits a need, provides an upgrade and enables them to potentially keep games close in the colder months down the stretch.

I hope he goes to the NFC.  He still had better than average games against us last year.

Agreed. Had it not been for that Quarterman hit on him he would have been lauded for his workload and efforts in the first half alone in a victory.
At least get him out of the afc south.
(03-09-2023, 06:40 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]At least get him out of the afc south.

Or...but not a 3rd
I would love a scenario where he comes to Jax.. him and ETN would be quite the 1-2 punch. One of the fastest RBs in the league and one of the toughest to tackle.. would be something.
We'd become a run first team immediately. I think we have our identity on offense already, I just want to get him out of our division.
(03-10-2023, 04:15 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I would love a scenario where he comes to Jax.. him and ETN would be quite the 1-2 punch. One of the fastest RBs in the league and one of the toughest to tackle.. would be something.

Given the fact that he has embarrassed the Jags throughout his career, I'd hope the Jags would sign him to a 5 year deal then just let him rot on the bench, preventing him from making the HOF.   I'd also make him work extra hard during training camp to make certain his body wears down over that time period, perhaps even spike his Gatorade with HGH then call the league office to have him drug tested.
(04-19-2023, 01:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2023, 04:15 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I would love a scenario where he comes to Jax.. him and ETN would be quite the 1-2 punch. One of the fastest RBs in the league and one of the toughest to tackle.. would be something.

Given the fact that he has embarrassed the Jags throughout his career, I'd hope the Jags would sign him to a 5 year deal then just let him rot on the bench, preventing him from making the HOF.   I'd also make him work extra hard during training camp to make certain his body wears down over that time period, perhaps even spike his Gatorade with HGH then call the league office to have him drug tested.

Damn, even I'm not that cold.

Props!
I'd take Derrick Henry in a heartbeat.
If we land Derrick Henry, I don't see how we don't have a legitimate chance of winning the Superbowl. The 1-2 punch of him and Trav, as well as our passing offense would be insane and extremely fun to watch.
Pages: 1 2