Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Round 5 - Antonio Johnson S/Nickel DB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Antonio Johnson. 

Gig' Em.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-04-29-at-2-53-40-PM.png]
Thank goodness!
Fingers crossed he acclimates quickly and upgrades our nickel position right away.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...48611?s=20
I like it. Let’s go jags
(04-29-2023, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Fingers crossed he acclimates quickly and upgrades our nickel position right away.

Should be easy with Walker, Allen and Lloyd stepping up and getting after the QB. We should see three rookies this year potentially six times within this division.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

He's also only 21. Best football ahead of him. Just like Harrison.

(04-29-2023, 03:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2023, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Fingers crossed he acclimates quickly and upgrades our nickel position right away.

Should be easy with Walker, Allen and Lloyd stepping up and getting after the QB. We should see three rookies this year potentially six times within this division.

We don't know the schedule yet, but I highly doubt Richardson or Levis start the season over Minshew and Tannehill for the Colts or Titans. 

I would guess 3 games against in-division rookies right now.
(04-29-2023, 03:16 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2023, 03:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Should be easy with Walker, Allen and Lloyd stepping up and getting after the QB. We should see three rookies this year potentially six times within this division.

We don't know the schedule yet, but I highly doubt Richardson or Levis start the season over Minshew and Tannehill for the Colts or Titans. 

I would guess 3 games against in-division rookies right now.
Either way. Odds are in our favor. Step one is winning the division. I think we have it.

Don't tease me...
[Image: 7jyvrw.jpg]

[Image: 7jywc8.jpg]

"With the 160th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Antonio Johnson, defensive back Texas A&M."
(04-29-2023, 03:31 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 7jyvrw.jpg]

"With the 160th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Antonio Johnson, defensive back Texas A&M."

I rise to nominate this post 4 the mb hall of fame.
(04-29-2023, 03:31 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 7jyvrw.jpg]

LOL

I don’t understand how the highest graded slot defender for 2 years falls to round 6? 

I could never be a scout lol
Dude is 6’2” 200 pounds 4.5 speed. He’s going to step in right away and offer immediate special teams while giving us a potential upgrade in the slot. Quality depth at Safety.

Only 8 reps on the bench. Parker put up 16 reps and he’s a WR.
(04-29-2023, 04:02 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Dude is 6’2” 200 pounds 4.5 speed. He’s going to step in right away and offer immediate special teams while giving us a potential upgrade in the slot. Quality depth at Safety.

Only 8 reps on the bench. Parker put up 16 reps and he’s a WR.

Christian McCaffery only hit 8 reps as well
Johnson is a thumper. I see everyone penciling him in as the nickel corner. I view him as a bonafide SS who will be the gunner on special teams. I would not be against putting him in at nickel. I like the pick.
(04-29-2023, 04:21 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Johnson is a thumper. I see everyone penciling him in as the nickel corner. I view him as a bonafide SS who will be the gunner on special teams. I would not be against putting him in at nickel. I like the pick.

I think he's going to be match-up dependent to start.  I could see a 5'10 slot guy out quick him.  The said, if he gets his hands on a smaller receiver it's a wrap.
I doubt he plays in the nickel as a CB. This dude is a SS.
(04-29-2023, 04:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt he plays in the nickel as a CB. This dude is a SS.

Are you replacing Jenkins with him? 

Does he present better value to our defense replacing Jenkins, or replacing Herndon?
He can sniff out screens, so I'll live with getting beat underneath sometimes. Let's end the curse the Jags have of never being able to stop the screen pass.
Pages: 1 2 3