Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chaisson option not picked up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ian Rapoport reporting Jags are passing on his 5th year rookie contract. 

Not really unexpected breaking news, but it is official now.
Neither of our 2020 1st round picks (Chaisson and Henderson) are getting the 5th year option picked up....
Shocked!
It's a good thing ETN is good because man that Ramsey trade lookin like some dog doodoo atm.
Wasted picks
That draft class was given a lot of A grades by writers. It is a steaming pile of dung.
(05-01-2023, 09:39 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]That draft class was given a lot of A grades by writers.  It is a steaming pile of dung.

Goes to show you how the draft is a crapshoot.
Yawn
Not that I think he will ever reach his athletic potential, it’s crazy that he’s still only 23. There are many rookies this year older than him Across the league
There were a lot of expectations with that & the CJ pick. Bummer they didn’t/haven’t worked out this far. Thankfully, we got something back for CJ. Chaisson seems like a good guy.
Just another waste of a top pick that can't get after the QB.
I don't think he'll make the team this year. A bunch of backup players with short term contracts will be cut loose in favor of rookies who have some chance of being developed.
(05-02-2023, 05:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he'll make the team this year.  A bunch of backup players with short term contracts will be cut loose in favor of rookies who have some chance of being developed.

Him we pay either way though. Maybe just eat it, maybe keep him for Teams.
(05-02-2023, 08:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2023, 05:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he'll make the team this year.  A bunch of backup players with short term contracts will be cut loose in favor of rookies who have some chance of being developed.

I looked it up and you're right.  We don't save any money by cutting him.
Still have Hamilton, Quarterman, Bartch and Claybrooks from that class. It's amazing we let Caldwell make those decisions after we hired Coughlin to essentially be above him to prevent bad decisions from being made.

Henderson and Chaisson were desperate attempts to backfill Ramsey and Ngakoue. Had we drafted Wirfs and Jefferson instead, that class is potentially one of the best we've had in years. We wouldn't have landed Lawrence though more than likely. So, give and take I guess.
(05-01-2023, 06:46 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: [ -> ]Ian Rapoport reporting Jags are passing on his 5th year rookie contract. 

Not really unexpected breaking news, but it is official now.

OH NOES

Welp, so much for getting started on that trophy room.

(05-01-2023, 08:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]It's a good thing ETN is good because man that Ramsey trade lookin like some dog doodoo atm.

The trade itself was fine; what we did with the picks was excremental.

(05-01-2023, 11:10 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]Yawn

no he was a few drafts earlier.

(05-02-2023, 08:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

@what, you don't think we could trade him?@
(05-01-2023, 11:30 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: [ -> ]There were a lot of expectations with that & the CJ pick. Bummer they didn’t/haven’t worked out this far. Thankfully, we got something back for CJ. Chaisson seems like a good guy.

That had to be one of the worst drafts in team history. Teams often miss on their 1st rounders, but to have been SO WRONG twice is hard to do.

Chaisson does seem like a good guy, but they could have drafted Mr, Rogers in the 7th round instead (I know he had passed).
(05-01-2023, 09:39 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]That draft class was given a lot of A grades by writers.  It is a steaming pile of dung.

This. I feel like we've had a lot of "great drafts" graded by the experts over the past decade but end up being total busts in retrospect.
(05-02-2023, 05:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he'll make the team this year. A bunch of backup players with short term contracts will be cut loose in favor of rookies who have some chance of being developed.

That seems likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big misses in that draft.
Pages: 1 2