Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hmmm Really
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For all The they needed to draft players we know crowd you know the similarities with all these even our former and current player on this list...............
Their fifth year option was declined. 
We shoulda  we coulda ......pump yo brakes, again you didn't build the team or the culture. Most second guess everything we did last year before we got to the playoffs so go sit yo [BLEEP] down and move [BLEEP] get out the way

No 2. Chase Young
No 8. Issaih Simmons
No 9. C.J. Henderson
No 11. Mekhi Becton
No 14 Javon Kinlaw
No 18 Austin Jackson
No 20 K'Lavone Chaisson
No 21 JaLen Reagor
No 23 Kenneth Murray
No 24 Cesar Ruiz 
No 27 Jordyn Brooks
No 30 Noah Igbinoghene
No 32 Clyde Edwards-Helaire
But I like chase young.

(Injuries) smh
(05-02-2023, 10:01 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: [ -> ]For all The they needed to draft players we know crowd you know the similarities with all these even our former and current player on this list...............
We shoulda  we coulda ......pump yo brakes, again you didn't build the team or the culture. Most second guess everything we did last year before we got to the playoffs so go sit yo [BLEEP] down and move [BLEEP] get out the way

No 2. Chase Young
No 8. Issaih Simmons
No 9. C.J. Henderson
No 11. Mekhi Becton
No 14 Javon Kinlaw
No 18 Austin Jackson
No 20 K'Lavone Chaisson
No 21 JaLen Reagor
No 23 Kenneth Murray
No 24 Cesar Ruiz 
No 27 Jordyn Brooks
No 30 Noah Igbinoghene

A large percentage of drafted players end up as busts or journeyman.

Many of them were "known" or popular prospects.

Personally - I don't give a rats [BLEEP] about drafting "known" prospects.
I didn't bat an eyelash at the TE in the second I had barely noticed listed on draft boards at the various websites. 

My gripes are about positional value, but I'm not even gonna trip about that if they show up and play well. 

Also - fifth year options get declined for lots of reasons. I'm not gonna attempt to run down the list player by player , but teams sometimes move on from early picks because they are managing their cap, not because they don't value the player.
(05-02-2023, 10:01 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: [ -> ]For all The they needed to draft players we know crowd you know the similarities with all these even our former and current player on this list...............

No 2. Chase Young
No 8. Issaih Simmons
No 9. C.J. Henderson
No 11. Mekhi Becton
No 14 Javon Kinlaw
No 18 Austin Jackson
No 20 K'Lavone Chaisson
No 21 JaLen Reagor
No 23 Kenneth Murray
No 24 Cesar Ruiz 
No 27 Jordyn Brooks
No 30 Noah Igbinoghene

13 out of 32.  That seems high.  Is it higher than the past?
Former Lions/ current Falcons CB Jeff Okudah would have also been on the list, if he was eligible to be on the list.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...o-falcons/

No 2. Chase Young
No 8. Issaih Simmons
No 9. C.J. Henderson
No 11. Mekhi Becton
No 14 Javon Kinlaw
No 18 Austin Jackson
No 20 K'Lavone Chaisson
No 21 JaLen Reagor
No 23 Kenneth Murray
No 24 Cesar Ruiz 
No 27 Jordyn Brooks
No 30 Noah Igbinoghene

Was screaming my head off for Wirfs at 9 and JJettas at 20.

Not that it matters now, because had we done that we'd probably have trey lance or someone else on our team instead of Trevor but you know.
Chaisson feels like he's been here for a lot longer than 3 years
(05-03-2023, 12:19 AM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]Chaisson feels like he's been here for a lot longer than 3 years

he feels like he hasn't been here at all tbh.
Imagine if we came 2nd and had to take wilson over Trevor

U could add that to the list
I don't understand Simmons at all though.

No 2. Chase Young
No 8. Issaih Simmons
No 9. C.J. Henderson
No 11. Mekhi Becton
No 14 Javon Kinlaw
No 18 Austin Jackson
No 20 K'Lavone Chaisson
No 21 JaLen Reagor
No 23 Kenneth Murray
No 24 Cesar Ruiz 
No 27 Jordyn Brooks
No 30 Noah Igbinoghene

Can somebody translate this in English?
(05-03-2023, 08:19 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]

No 2. Chase Young
No 8. Issaih Simmons
No 9. C.J. Henderson
No 11. Mekhi Becton
No 14 Javon Kinlaw
No 18 Austin Jackson
No 20 K'Lavone Chaisson
No 21 JaLen Reagor
No 23 Kenneth Murray
No 24 Cesar Ruiz 
No 27 Jordyn Brooks
No 30 Noah Igbinoghene

Can somebody translate this in English?

These guys didn't get their 5th year option picked up so that means people don't know anything about how to pick players in the draft. In short, it's nonsensical tripe.

No 2. Chase Young
No 8. Issaih Simmons
No 9. C.J. Henderson
No 11. Mekhi Becton
No 14 Javon Kinlaw
No 18 Austin Jackson
No 20 K'Lavone Chaisson
No 21 JaLen Reagor
No 23 Kenneth Murray
No 24 Cesar Ruiz 
No 27 Jordyn Brooks
No 30 Noah Igbinoghene

....the fart did I just read?

TLDR, that draft was poop and butt it seems.
(05-02-2023, 11:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]

No 2. Chase Young
No 8. Issaih Simmons
No 9. C.J. Henderson
No 11. Mekhi Becton
No 14 Javon Kinlaw
No 18 Austin Jackson
No 20 K'Lavone Chaisson
No 21 JaLen Reagor
No 23 Kenneth Murray
No 24 Cesar Ruiz 
No 27 Jordyn Brooks
No 30 Noah Igbinoghene

Was screaming my head off for Wirfs at 9 and JJettas at 20.

Not that it matters now, because had we done that we'd probably have trey lance or someone else on our team instead of Trevor but you know.
90% of the people on this board were. Then you had Gator homers saying how good CJ was and how great a pick it was.

In reality though, very glad they took bums like Chaisson and Henderson because it led to Trevor.
(05-03-2023, 09:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2023, 11:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Was screaming my head off for Wirfs at 9 and JJettas at 20.

90% of the people on this board were. Then you had Gator homers saying how good CJ was and how great a pick it was.

In reality though, very glad they took bums like Chaisson and Henderson because it led to Trevor.

I imagine in a world where we actually took Wirfs/Jefferson, Nick Foles or Minshew is probably still hanging around here lol.
Young is always injured or his option would have been picked up easily.
(05-03-2023, 09:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2023, 11:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Was screaming my head off for Wirfs at 9 and JJettas at 20.

What a mess. Many actually thought he was a great prospect including me. His main problem was he was going through something. Didn’t the coaches have to go track him down to try to convince him to play?
(05-03-2023, 08:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2023, 08:19 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]Can somebody translate this in English?

These guys didn't get their 5th year option picked up so that means people don't know anything about how to pick players in the draft. In short, it's nonsensical tripe.

I would expect you to say that because it don't support your sort of nonsensical tripe. Facts everyone of you on here including me hated most what the jaguars did. The siging of kirk ( for the amount he was paid which he earned every penny) Zay because he didn't do it with the two teams he played for before the Jags and Evan for being a bust in New york. Now you all want to act like you were rocking with these signings gtfo. Truth is I was one of you [BLEEP] but they earned the right to build their team so [BLEEP].
(05-03-2023, 08:35 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2023, 08:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]These guys didn't get their 5th year option picked up so that means people don't know anything about how to pick players in the draft. In short, it's nonsensical tripe.

I would expect you to say that because it don't support your sort of nonsensical tripe. Facts everyone of you on here including me hated most what the jaguars did. The siging of kirk ( for the amount he was paid which he earned every penny) Zay because he didn't do it with the two teams he played for before the Jags and Evan for being a bust in New york. Now you all want to act like you were rocking with these signings gtfo. Truth is I was one of you [BLEEP] but they earned the right to build their team so [BLEEP].

You're doing a lot of generalizing there bro. I don't think many people thought of Kirk as a bad player, just thought the contract was a bit wild. Zay Jones I'll give you, but at the same time I'm not sure Zay Jones is anything special on a team with a below average QB. Evan Engram was a sneaky good signing, he'd been solid throughout his career but had horrible QB play for the most part. 

Evan Engram was one of the most gifted receiving TEs to come out of the draft in a long time, he had some issues with drops but overall I think most people would look at the bigger picture and realize he was putting up solid numbers with a declining Eli Manning and a bad Daniel Jones.

(05-03-2023, 06:23 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2023, 09:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]90% of the people on this board were. Then you had Gator homers saying how good CJ was and how great a pick it was.

What a mess. Many actually thought he was a great prospect including me. His main problem was he was going through something. Didn’t the coaches have to go track him down to try to convince him to play?

CJ Henderson before the draft, was a guy I thought we may target at 20, not 9. And the way the draft fell, he shouldn't have been targeted at 20 either considering who was available.
(05-03-2023, 08:35 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2023, 08:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]These guys didn't get their 5th year option picked up so that means people don't know anything about how to pick players in the draft. In short, it's nonsensical tripe.

Don't rope me in with that.

I championed the Kirk signing and the Z Jones signing. I defended the Kirk contract in thread after thread. I made a montage of screenshots showing how consistently open Zay was on his routes w/ raiders despite lots of errant throws from Carr and posted it here for the haters. 

I thought Engram was a good move but warned everyone he'd have some drops. He had fewer than I predicted. 
I'll own that. 

Also - abbreviating the f-bomb is a violation of CoC. Consider this a friendly warning.
Pages: 1 2