Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Erasing history by changing a name will not alter history at all.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fort Hood in Texas officially changes name to Fort Cavazos to remove Confederacy reference

The Department of Defense previously announced it would rename the Army base as part of an effort to remove Confederate-affiliated names and symbols

Texas Army base Fort Hood officially has a new name.

On Tuesday, the U.S. Army formally changed the name of the base, once named after a Confederate general, to Fort Cavazos in honor of Gen. Richard Edward Cavazos, a four-star general who fought in both the Korean and Vietnam wars.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fort-hood-tex...-reference
And changing the name of the installation matters not a wit. Hood was a brave but impetuous commander who's inability to control his emotions led to the destruction of the Army of Tennessee. General Cavazos is every bit Hood's equal in command and war and his ascension to 4 Stars worthy of this honor in his home state.
I’ve worked a lot at Ft. Hood. If I ever return it will be odd calling it something else.

The only problem I have with the name change is the new one doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.
(05-10-2023, 12:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve worked a lot at Ft. Hood. If I ever return it will be odd calling it something else.

The only problem I have with the name change is the new one doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.

Fort Knight would have worked my better.  Just need to find a General Knight and give him the recognition he deserves, simply based on his last name.

In reality, these names will only last a few more years.  I can definitely see these Military Bases being named after our new pronouns.

Fort Xe
Fort Xem
Fort Xyr
Fort Ze
Fort Hir
Fort Hirs
Fort Ey
Fort Em
Fort Eir
(05-10-2023, 02:05 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2023, 12:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve worked a lot at Ft. Hood. If I ever return it will be odd calling it something else.

Fort Knight would have worked my better.  Just need to find a General Knight and give him the recognition he deserves, simply based on his last name.

In reality, these names will only last a few more years.  I can definitely see these Military Bases being named after our new pronouns.

Fort Xe
Fort Xem
Fort Xyr
Fort Ze
Fort Hir
Fort Hirs
Fort Ey
Fort Em
Fort Eir

More like Xi, Chang, Chao, Zhang, Liu, Lao, Chin, Ping, Wang, and Dong
(05-10-2023, 03:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2023, 02:05 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Fort Knight would have worked my better.  Just need to find a General Knight and give him the recognition he deserves, simply based on his last name.

Fort Xe
Fort Xem
Fort Xyr
Fort Ze
Fort Hir
Fort Hirs
Fort Ey
Fort Em
Fort Eir

Quit dropping the silverware dude.
(05-10-2023, 02:05 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Fort Knight would have worked my better.  Just need to find a General Knight and give him the recognition he deserves, simply based on his last name.

Fort Xe
Fort Xem
Fort Xyr
Fort Ze
Fort Hir
Fort Hirs
Fort Ey
Fort Em
Fort Eir

'I know a guy who can arrange that, bro. He likes to help art connoisseurs, if you know what I mean.'

[Image: Hunter-Biden-Cigarette.jpg]
By 2040 it will be:

Fort They
Fort Non Binary
Fort Them
Fort Genderbender
Fort Pedo
Fort Non Fort Conformist

Fort Xe
Fort Xem
Fort Xyr
Fort Ze
Fort Hir
Fort Hirs
Fort Ey
Fort Em
Fort Eir

HA !!   Nice one.   On a side note, our "Wok and Roll" takeout restaurants closed down here in PVB and Jax Beach (Marsh Landing Plaza) so this may work to our favor.
(05-11-2023, 10:10 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2023, 03:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]More like Xi, Chang, Chao, Zhang, Liu, Lao, Chin, Ping, Wang, and Dong

HA !!   Nice one.   On a side note, our "Wok and Roll" takeout restaurants closed down here in PVB and Jax Beach (Marsh Landing Plaza) so this may work to our favor.

That is sad to hear. Wok and Roll was a go-to for me back in my college days. Looks like the remaining locations around town are still open for the foreseeable future.
(05-11-2023, 10:10 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2023, 03:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]More like Xi, Chang, Chao, Zhang, Liu, Lao, Chin, Ping, Wang, and Dong

We have a nice Ramen place down here by the Publix on Atlantic. You can get Japanese, Lobster, or Pizza then hit Publix Liquors on the way home. It's not Wok N Roll, but has a nice variety.
Fort Bragg is changing to Fort Liberty. The only reason I don't hate it is a Gold Star mother suggested the name and it's not random. It was going to be changed anyway so it may as well make sense. 

I don't plan to go to the planned festivities and if/when anyone asks where I was stationed I will say Fort Bragg because that was the name while I was there.
John Bell Hood was a lousy general who fought against the United States.
(05-14-2023, 10:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Fort Bragg is changing to Fort Liberty. The only reason I don't hate it is a Gold Star mother suggested the name and it's not random. It was going to be changed anyway so it may as well make sense. 

I don't plan to go to the planned festivities and if/when anyone asks where I was stationed I will say Fort Bragg because that was the name while I was there.

If you're referring to events in the past, you should use the name it had then.  Only if a person is confused about your meaning would you say, "you know, the place they call Ft Liberty now".
(05-15-2023, 08:53 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2023, 10:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Fort Bragg is changing to Fort Liberty. The only reason I don't hate it is a Gold Star mother suggested the name and it's not random. It was going to be changed anyway so it may as well make sense. 

If you're referring to events in the past, you should use the name it had then.  Only if a person is confused about your meaning would you say, "you know, the place they call Ft Liberty now".

Thank you for explaining that to her.
(05-15-2023, 09:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2023, 08:53 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]If you're referring to events in the past, you should use the name it had then.  Only if a person is confused about your meaning would you say, "you know, the place they call Ft Liberty now".

Thank you for explaining that to her.

He didn't explain anything to her.  Explanations are actually needed.  He mansplained it to her.  There's a difference.
(05-15-2023, 09:13 AM)InvalidContentWasFoundStarting Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2023, 09:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for explaining that to her.

He didn't explain anything to her.  Explanations are actually needed.  He mansplained it to her.  There's a difference.

Thank you for mansplaining that to me.  Ninja
(05-15-2023, 08:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]John Bell Hood was a lousy general who fought against the United States.

Which is why I have no problem with the rename. The general who they renamed it for is truly deserving of tribute.
(05-15-2023, 09:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2023, 08:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]John Bell Hood was a lousy general who fought against the United States.

Which is why I have no problem with the rename. The general who they renamed it for is truly deserving of tribute.

I have no issue with the South attempting to secede; we aren't free if we can't vote to leave. I also hate that the key issue of the war was slavery, had it been anything else I think most people would've supported the South, because they were right about everything but that issue.
(05-15-2023, 08:53 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Yet currently 17 states allow birth certificates changes to reflect new gender "identities."
Pages: 1 2