Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Biden attacts education programs that teach vital skills
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Biden admin confirms it's withholding key funds for schools with hunting courses, GOP call it 'shameful'

Biden administration says it is interpreting recently-passed law 'as written by Congress' to block funding

The Biden administration confirmed to Fox News Digital that it is withholding critical funds for elementary and secondary schools nationwide with hunting or archery programs in their curriculum.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-a...s-shameful
(08-01-2023, 01:45 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Biden admin confirms it's withholding key funds for schools with hunting courses, GOP call it 'shameful'

Biden administration says it is interpreting recently-passed law 'as written by Congress' to block funding

The Biden administration confirmed to Fox News Digital that it is withholding critical funds for elementary and secondary schools nationwide with hunting or archery programs in their curriculum.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-a...s-shameful

When I was in 5th grade I took a Hunter's Safety course which was an "after school" class.  It was taught in our school cafeteria by our PE coach... with real firearms.  To this day I still follow the rules regarding firearm safety that I was taught 50+ years ago.
I have no problem with schools teaching archery and hunting, but this article was less than informative.
I don't understand if the schools are expected to eliminate those programs or lose all federal funds, or if this is just a marginal change and the archery and hunting programs remain optional for the schools.
Congress could easily pass a resolution clarifying the law that they say Biden is misinterpreting. But they won't. They would rather make a bunch of exaggerated and unhelpful culture war statements to Fox News.
(08-01-2023, 05:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I have no problem with schools teaching archery and hunting, but this article was less than informative.
I don't understand if the schools are expected to eliminate those programs or lose all federal funds, or if this is just a marginal change and the archery and hunting programs remain optional for the schools.
Congress could easily pass a resolution clarifying the law that they say Biden is misinterpreting. But they won't. They would rather make a bunch of exaggerated and unhelpful culture war statements to Fox News.
The RINOs passed the law knowing it would be used to do something like this. Now they fake like they care and claim there is nothing they can do about it so you better give them more money.

Its additional funding that is being withheld.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk