Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Biden attacts education programs that teach vital skills

Biden admin confirms it's withholding key funds for schools with hunting courses, GOP call it 'shameful'

Biden administration says it is interpreting recently-passed law 'as written by Congress' to block funding

The Biden administration confirmed to Fox News Digital that it is withholding critical funds for elementary and secondary schools nationwide with hunting or archery programs in their curriculum.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-a...s-shameful
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-01-2023, 01:45 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Biden admin confirms it's withholding key funds for schools with hunting courses, GOP call it 'shameful'

Biden administration says it is interpreting recently-passed law 'as written by Congress' to block funding

The Biden administration confirmed to Fox News Digital that it is withholding critical funds for elementary and secondary schools nationwide with hunting or archery programs in their curriculum.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-a...s-shameful

When I was in 5th grade I took a Hunter's Safety course which was an "after school" class.  It was taught in our school cafeteria by our PE coach... with real firearms.  To this day I still follow the rules regarding firearm safety that I was taught 50+ years ago.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2023, 05:46 PM by mikesez.)

I have no problem with schools teaching archery and hunting, but this article was less than informative.
I don't understand if the schools are expected to eliminate those programs or lose all federal funds, or if this is just a marginal change and the archery and hunting programs remain optional for the schools.
Congress could easily pass a resolution clarifying the law that they say Biden is misinterpreting. But they won't. They would rather make a bunch of exaggerated and unhelpful culture war statements to Fox News.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-01-2023, 05:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: I have no problem with schools teaching archery and hunting, but this article was less than informative.
I don't understand if the schools are expected to eliminate those programs or lose all federal funds, or if this is just a marginal change and the archery and hunting programs remain optional for the schools.
Congress could easily pass a resolution clarifying the law that they say Biden is misinterpreting. But they won't. They would rather make a bunch of exaggerated and unhelpful culture war statements to Fox News.
The RINOs passed the law knowing it would be used to do something like this. Now they fake like they care and claim there is nothing they can do about it so you better give them more money.

Its additional funding that is being withheld.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk