Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Preseason Week One Countdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Three players in concussion protocol :

Tyson Campbell - looks like he may be cleared in time to play a bit, but the depth needs reps anyway...

Sammis Reyes - longshot athletic TE  - hope we get to see him in week 2 and 3 - big upside 

Yasir Abdullah - new addition to the list

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...15584?s=20

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...22048?s=20

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...43168?s=20
Looking forward to seeing Junior and Prince out there. Disappointed to hear Abdullah is in the concussion protocol. We already have enough question marks in the pass rushing department. Any little hiccup or delay in any player in this area is only going to increase the stress levels there.

I heard Campbell was in the protocol, but, had an INT today during practice at some point? I only saw it from De Lugo's X/Twitter post in my phone notification bar. Didn't open it up but it sounds like Campbell might be good to go. I am telling you. He's my priority this year in terms of getting extended. Moreso than Josh Allen, unless he goes off and hits 15.0+ sacks on the year or something.

I liked what I saw out of him with Ridley in one on one's though and the fact that he gets better in spite of lack luster pass rush is always, always a plus. Darious Wiliams may need an extension as well as it sounded like he immediately stepped up when Campbell was out for a little bit.
It sounds like Lacy has really showed up.
I can't wait. This off-season has been entirely too long!
Holy crap, can't believe its almost football season.
(08-11-2023, 11:32 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]Holy crap, can't believe its almost football season.

Haha same. One more day. I’ll be watching a lot of preseason games this weekend. I’ll probably be sick of preseason after the second weekend of preseason and be more than ready for the real deal in September.

(08-10-2023, 10:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't wait. This off-season has been entirely too long!

Exactly
Preseason football is better than no season football. Let’s go!
(08-10-2023, 06:15 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to seeing Junior and Prince out there. Disappointed to hear Abdullah is in the concussion protocol. We already have enough question marks in the pass rushing department. Any little hiccup or delay in any player in this area is only going to increase the stress levels there.

I heard Campbell was in the protocol, but, had an INT today during practice at some point? I only saw it from De Lugo's X/Twitter post in my phone notification bar. Didn't open it up but it sounds like Campbell might be good to go. I am telling you. He's my priority this year in terms of getting extended. Moreso than Josh Allen, unless he goes off and hits 15.0+ sacks on the year or something.

I liked what I saw out of him with Ridley in one on one's though and the fact that he gets better in spite of lack luster pass rush is always, always a plus. Darious Wiliams may need an extension as well as it sounded like he immediately stepped up when Campbell was out for a little bit.

Oh absolutely. You cannot let a guy like Tyson Campbell get away like Ramsey did. This dude is on the verge of becoming a star. Outside of getting Lawrence secured, he’s my number 1 priority. 

Can you imagine Tyson Campbell with a DE that can get 15+ sacks per year? Them boys better make sure they keep him around.
What is a successful first preseason game? Do we even care about the final score? Would be nice to just get a few good plays in with the starting offense and then get out with no injuries on any side of the ball. Fully expect a super boring game and I'd be okay with that.
(08-11-2023, 11:16 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]What is a successful first preseason game?  Do we even care about the final score?  Would be nice to just get a few good plays in with the starting offense and then get out with no injuries on any side of the ball.  Fully expect a super boring game and I'd be okay with that.

Successful?  No injuries and game reps for those that need them.  Don't read too much in to anything else.
(08-11-2023, 11:45 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2023, 11:16 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]What is a successful first preseason game?  Do we even care about the final score?  Would be nice to just get a few good plays in with the starting offense and then get out with no injuries on any side of the ball.  Fully expect a super boring game and I'd be okay with that.

Successful?  No injuries and game reps for those that need them.  Don't read too much in to anything else

I agree with this unless they can do well enough all the other teams award them the Super Bowl after this game.
I'm most excited to see how Harrison plays. I really hope they hit on this pick and he turns into one of the best RTs in the game. I hope they play Parsons for 1 series and line him up against Harrison
(08-12-2023, 08:43 AM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2023, 11:45 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Successful?  No injuries and game reps for those that need them.  Don't read too much in to anything else

I agree with this unless they can do well enough all the other teams award them the Super Bowl after this game.

Oh the reaction to tonight's game is going to be in the extremes of either "Super Bowl bound" or "I have major concerns" or "we suck" after tonight around here.  Reading too much in to preseason performances is kinda what we collectively do around here.

Coming out of the game as healthy as you went in.

NH3...
(08-12-2023, 10:48 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2023, 08:43 AM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with this unless they can do well enough all the other teams award them the Super Bowl after this game.

Oh the reaction to tonight's game is going to be in the extremes of either "Super Bowl bound" or "I have major concerns" or "we suck" after tonight around here.  Reading too much in to preseason performances is kinda what we collectively do around here.

Yep..Yep.. Yep  I especially get entertainment from the posters that take all three positions within the same post.
Game day!
Is it kick off time yet?

Nquiring Minds.

NH3...
Pages: 1 2