Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rourke deserves to get a shot at the 2s after that performance.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I am Not saying he is Tom Brady or anything but Rourke looked phenomenal in today's game. I know he did it against lesser talent but to play Devils advocate he also is playing with less talent. His throws on the run looked great today. Beathard is OK but I wouldn't expect him to win many games. Rourke IMO played well enough to get a shot at higher competition.
I can see why they want to keep him on the roster after that performance. I agree he should get a chance with the 2’s. CJ can go ahead and start packing his stuff up..

At this point, I wouldn’t mind if Rourke is traded for a pick like we did with Rob Johnson after the 1997 season. Right now, he’s better than the all of the first round picked QBs of this years draft.
I agree that he should be tested by playing against the 2's.  He impressed me.  I really liked his quick release.  He did a great job avoiding sacks and making throws despite being under pressure.  He was also accurate and had a great knack for improvising.

He's the player from this game whose stock shot up the most for me.
Tampa Bay desperately needs a QB.
Keep Rourke, develop him, trade him for a 2nd two years from now like Charlie Whitehurst
He had a really good game
Let’s see what he does the next two games.
(08-13-2023, 12:04 AM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Keep Rourke, develop him, trade him for a 2nd two years from now like Charlie Whitehurst

Yep. Or a Jimmy Garoppolo. I would gladly take a 2nd round pick for Rourke.
(08-12-2023, 11:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Tampa Bay desperately needs a QB.

What? nooo they have Blaine Gabbert.. tho I suppose the 10 years he was gonna beat everyone for is up.
(08-13-2023, 12:18 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Let’s see what he does the next two games.

For real. I like the guy and he played great but come on, he was playing against 2nd-3rd-PS guys.
(08-13-2023, 01:20 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2023, 11:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Tampa Bay desperately needs a QB.

What? nooo they have Blaine Gabbert.. tho I suppose the 10 years he was gonna beat everyone for is up.

No they don’t.
He's going to get more than a shot.
Great game for Rourke, but we'll see what he does over the next two weeks
(08-13-2023, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Great game for Rourke, but we'll see what he does over the next two weeks

He's gotta be better than Beathard.  Pretty low bar.
Looks like he had a really good season at Ohio U as he lead them to the top of the MAC before tearing his ACL. There have been some really good QBs come out of the MAC, which tends to run a more open offense then that of the power 5 schools on the east side of the Mississippi river.
(08-13-2023, 11:35 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2023, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Great game for Rourke, but we'll see what he does over the next two weeks

He's gotta be better than Beathard.  Pretty low bar.

They signed Rourke to a 3 year deal when they brought him in. 
I think they always wanted to replace CJ with him - probably just waiting for the right time to part ways. 
(two weeks from now could be that time)
(08-13-2023, 12:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like he had a really good season at Ohio U as he lead them to the top of the MAC before tearing his ACL.  There have been some really good QBs come out of the MAC, which tends to run a more open offense then that of the power 5 schools on the east side of the Mississippi river.

I read he had a Lisfranc sprain while in the CFL.

The guy also tried out as a WR for the Giants.
(08-13-2023, 12:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2023, 12:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like he had a really good season at Ohio U as he lead them to the top of the MAC before tearing his ACL.  There have been some really good QBs come out of the MAC, which tends to run a more open offense then that of the power 5 schools on the east side of the Mississippi river.

I read he had a Lisfranc sprain while in the CFL.

The guy also tried out as a WR for the Giants.

Wow.
(08-12-2023, 10:46 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]I am Not saying he is Tom Brady or anything but Rourke looked phenomenal in today's game. I know he did it against lesser talent but to play Devils advocate he also is playing with less talent. His throws on the run looked great today. Beathard is OK but I wouldn't expect him to win many games. Rourke IMO played well enough to get a shot at higher competition.

I dunno if he's there yet. A lot of the backup QB is being that voice of experience when the starter comes back to the sideline and plays are reviewed. Not saying he can't be that guy, but I have a feeling that is where CJB fits well. He has starting experience, he's familiar with the playbook, and he's comfortable taking the backseat to the starter.

I'll remind you that Rourke and I share our alma mater, so don't think this is me just dumping on a young kid. If he's owning the film room and has Trevor's ear between series, I'll give the coaches credit for taking risk and I'll be really happy for the kid.

If something happened to Trevor, though, I'd feel a lot more secure with CJB right now than I would Rourke. He's gonna give the FO a lot to think about come final cuts if he can keep this up, though!

(08-13-2023, 01:20 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]

(Gabby's a chef)

The bucs got Maker Bayfield and Trask Time. They may just wanna run wildcat 3 downs and punt.

(08-13-2023, 07:39 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2023, 12:18 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Let’s see what he does the next two games.

For real. I like the guy and he played great but come on, he was playing against 2nd-3rd-PS guys.

we call this Quinn Gray syndrome
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9