Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Preseason Week Two Countdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Jaguars make a few moves to get a healthy long snapper on board until Mattisick is back in action and Bartch is cleared to start practicing. 

Other updates: Sammis Reyes (TE) was banged up in practice two weeks ago and has now been placed on th3e reserve/retired list.  Looks like he's off to chase dreams elsewhere. The move allowed the signing of a depth OL player - Bobby Evans. 

https://nfltraderumors.co/jaguars-announ...r-moves-3/

https://twitter.com/JaguarsPR/status/169...28928?s=20

https://twitter.com/JaguarsPR/status/169...28928?s=20
Carson Tinker is back I see. He spent the first 5 years of his career here.
Can’t wait to see more of Hodges at guard. I’ll be watching Rourke too and of course Harrison.

They can shut down Bigsby until week 1 up in Indy. Along with Ridley, Jones, Kirk, Engram, Agnew, and Campbell.
(08-14-2023, 07:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Carson Tinker is back I see. He spent the first 5 years of his career here.

Our long snapper is supposedly day to day with a banged up shoulder
Want to see Parish get some snaps with the 1st team offense at FB. He got leaked into the game late against the Cowboys. Just curious how they go about evaluating him and that position in general.

Middle of the defense needs to show improvement with read and reaction when in coverage. Lost count with how many times I heard "Over the middle" every time they made a splash play offensively. Was really not impressed with the linebackers in general. Especially with Muma and Quarterman. Will be a night and day deal I am sure once Foye and Devin are in the middle on a first team basis. Still, would like to see those guys attack the ball carrier rather than chase the ball carrier.

Hope to see Abdullah continue with his progression. Was exciting to see him already shooting around the edge and getting after the QB and around the ball.

Last thing. Penalties. They need to get that [BLEEP] under control this week. It was good to see the offense overcome some of those mistakes but it's preseason and those mistakes can kill you once it's first teams going up against other first teams. Not concerned with Lawrence and his progression. I think we'll see the continuation of the ball being spread around and it'll eventually become one of those "pick your poison" types of offenses where somebody is virtually always open.

Going to be a fun year though.
I wanna see Walker/Hamilton/Allen vs the Lions top flight OLine.

Ridley and Trevor continue building chemistry.

Anton vs Hutch.

And obviously, no injuries and keep Trevor in bubble wrap.
I don’t get the fascination with Parish.
(08-14-2023, 09:26 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t get the fascination with Parish.

Pulling for the underdog I guess. He was a freak athlete and tested pretty good RAS wise at the combine. Played a bit of DE and FB. Would like to see a 7th RD pick somehow make the roster. He was a long shot of course but it would make for a cool story if he's able to bring the FB position back to Jacksonville to crack some skulls and spring some guys open like Etienne or Bigsby.
(08-14-2023, 08:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2023, 07:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Carson Tinker is back I see. He spent the first 5 years of his career here.

Our long snapper is supposedly day to day with a banged up shoulder

Yea I know, I just haven't heard that name in awhile (Tinker).

(08-14-2023, 09:26 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t get the fascination with Parish.

Me either, he's nothing more than practice squad material AT BEST right now. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he doesn't even make the PS.
So, does Pederson give the offensive 1's a series again to start this game? I think he does. Give them the chance to have a fast start again, which they missed last game. One good series, as they planned last week, then the 1's sit. If they put a good start to the game together then I think that is the last we see of the 1's this pre-season, unless there are a couple that need to knock off more rust or positions that are still in contention.

On defence, I think they get a little more time together, despite the fact that they played better to start. Another series for the D 1's as well and then that the's last we see of them except for individuals that need more time for one reason or another.
(08-14-2023, 09:50 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: [ -> ]So, does Pederson give the 1's a series again to start this game?  I think he does.  Give them the chance to have a fast start again, which they missed last game.  One good series, as they planned last week, then the 1's sit.  If they put a good start to the game together then I think that is the last we see of the 1's unless there are a couple that need to knock off more rust or positions that are still in contention.

I'd guess two series unless the first series is a methodical drive showing clean execution.
(08-14-2023, 09:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2023, 09:50 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: [ -> ]So, does Pederson give the 1's a series again to start this game?  I think he does.  Give them the chance to have a fast start again, which they missed last game.  One good series, as they planned last week, then the 1's sit.  If they put a good start to the game together then I think that is the last we see of the 1's unless there are a couple that need to knock off more rust or positions that are still in contention.

I'd guess two series unless the first series is a methodical drive showing clean execution.

Agreed. First series will dictate as to whether or not we a second series. I think we'll see them come out and score immediately. I'll give it less than eight plays before they hit the endzone on their first series.
[BLEEP] it's at 3am for me
The guys on 1010 are interpreting Doug’s latest words as no starters will play week 2.

Cool story, but very uphill road to make the roster. I don't think we are a FB-needy offense, either.

Like I said earlier, if the kid wants to stick he may want to learn long snapping

(08-14-2023, 09:50 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: [ -> ]So, does Pederson give the offensive 1's a series again to start this game?  I think he does.  Give them the chance to have a fast start again, which they missed last game.  One good series, as they planned last week, then the 1's sit.  If they put a good start to the game together then I think that is the last we see of the 1's this pre-season, unless there are a couple that need to knock off more rust or positions that are still in contention.

On defence, I think they get a little more time together, despite the fact that they played better to start.  Another series for the D 1's as well and then that the's last we see of them except for individuals that need more time for one reason or another.

abso-freakin-lutely.

The line is still working on synchronizing, TLaw has new backs and receivers to blend with, and you want the rust shaken off before the games matter.

I'd venture that this is the dress rehearsal - next week will be the bubble game where the bottom of the roster dukes it out for the final few spots.
(08-15-2023, 06:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The guys on 1010 are interpreting Doug’s latest words as no starters will play week 2.

I guess if they get a lot of work in during joint practices, that makes sense, but I gotta imagine the drills are limited.

Still don't like the abbreviated preseason, I think game reps are important for all the mechanics of a game - substitutions, relaying plays, hurry up offense, etc
(08-14-2023, 09:35 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]

Pulling for the underdog I guess. He was a freak athlete and tested pretty good RAS wise at the combine. Played a bit of DE and FB. Would like to see a 7th RD pick somehow make the roster. He was a long shot of course but it would make for a cool story if he's able to bring the FB position back to Jacksonville to crack some skulls and spring some guys open like Etienne or Bigsby.

I have a feeling the FB position will eventually return at some point to balance out how small the linebackers are these days.. it just makes sense.

(08-15-2023, 08:26 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2023, 06:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The guys on 1010 are interpreting Doug’s latest words as no starters will play week 2.

I guess if they get a lot of work in during joint practices, that makes sense, but I gotta imagine the drills are limited.

Still don't like the abbreviated preseason, I think game reps are important for all the mechanics of a game - substitutions, relaying plays, hurry up offense, etc

I'm perfectly fine with Lawrence not playing anymore in the preseason, but if that's the case i'd love to see Rourke get a drive or two with the starting WRs. You can bench ETN aswell, let Bigsby get aclimated to playing with the first team.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5