Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Elijah Cooks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Deserves his own thread

Great find and pickup in free agency gives Trevor a whole new chess piece to work with

Some background on him

• All-Mountain West First Team Selection (2022)
  • Finished his career with 184 catches, 2,554 yards and 28 touchdowns.
  • Led the MW and finished 13th in the country with a career-high 10 touchdowns and was second in the league with a career-high 1,076 yards in 12 games played in 2022.
  • His 1,076 yards in 2022 are good for seventh in SJSU single-season history and his 10 touchdowns are good for fourth in SJSU single-season history.
  • Led the Spartans in all receiving categories and finished fifth in the MW with 69 receptions.
  • Ended 17th in the country averaging 89.7 receiving yards per game.
  • Had touchdowns in his final four regular season games and had seven total during that stretch

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtmOMKSDtOg
I like him a lot. Maybe coach Pederson could get him into the game sometime as a weapon. It will be difficult with this offense already being stacked.
A few years ago he would be our number 1 WR.
Tony Khan strikes some undrafted gold again

https://x.com/espndirocco/status/1696927...Ie5OPeqkhg
Trucking DBs to look like Gronk on meth helped his cause.
A first I thought Tony Khan was in his role because he was Shad’s son. The more I learned and saw him at work my opinion changed to the positive.
(08-31-2023, 10:26 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]A first I thought Tony Khan was in his role because he was Shad’s son.  The more I learned and saw him at work my opinion changed to the positive.

You and lots of other fans found it easy to dislike the kid, but he's smart, he's involved, and he wants good things for the Jags and the city of Jax. There's really not much to dislike about the guy IMO.
Cooks in time will end up takeng over as the 1 WR in jacksonvlle even with ridley on the team.   Bold prediction  Cooks will end up  as a starter replaceing either Ridley or zay jones by  mid season.
(08-31-2023, 01:43 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]Cooks in time will end up takeng over as the 1 WR in jacksonvlle even with ridley on the team.   Bold prediction  Cooks will end up  as a starter replaceing either Ridley or zay jones by  mid season.

[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-31-2023, 06:36 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]A few years ago he would be our number 1 WR.

Does remind me a little of Planet Reggie, only this time we didn't pass on Big Ben and draft another Reggie at #9 in the 1st round.
(08-31-2023, 01:43 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]Cooks in time will end up takeng over as the 1 WR in jacksonvlle even with ridley on the team.   Bold prediction  Cooks will end up  as a starter replaceing either Ridley or zay jones by  mid season.

Lol.
(08-31-2023, 03:37 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol.

The meds are in mid season form?
(08-31-2023, 11:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2023, 10:26 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]A first I thought Tony Khan was in his role because he was Shad’s son.  The more I learned and saw him at work my opinion changed to the positive.

You and lots of other fans found it easy to dislike the kid, but he's smart, he's involved, and he wants good things for the Jags and the city of Jax. There's really not much to dislike about the guy IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Image: wSzEO]
Cooks made the All Preseason team as did Ledbetter and Van Lannen
Tony Khan is a successful business man in his own right. We will be in great hands once he takes over for his dad.
(08-31-2023, 01:47 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]Deserves his own thread

Great find and pickup in free agency gives Trevor a whole new chess piece to work with

Some background on him

• All-Mountain West First Team Selection (2022)
  • Finished his career with 184 catches, 2,554 yards and 28 touchdowns.
  • Led the MW and finished 13th in the country with a career-high 10 touchdowns and was second in the league with a career-high 1,076 yards in 12 games played in 2022.
  • His 1,076 yards in 2022 are good for seventh in SJSU single-season history and his 10 touchdowns are good for fourth in SJSU single-season history.
  • Led the Spartans in all receiving categories and finished fifth in the MW with 69 receptions.
  • Ended 17th in the country averaging 89.7 receiving yards per game.
  • Had touchdowns in his final four regular season games and had seven total during that stretch

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtmOMKSDtOg

I see a little AJ Green meets Ernest Wilford in him. He's gonna be the #2 receiver in 2024. Solid possession guy who'll be clutch on 3rd downs and the end zone.
He's absolutely a good find. I honestly couldn't find him anywhere online in any rankings outside of NFLDraftBuzz. He was ranked in there mid to high 40's if I am not mistaken in the WR class. Nowhere on my primary go-to's like Drafttek and WalterFootball. So, props to Khan and Co. making that call to get him here and the scouting team finding him.
(08-31-2023, 06:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Cooks made the All Preseason team as did Ledbetter and Van Lannen

Ledbetter is going to be taking snaps away from Robertson-Harris. I predict he'll start in Hamilton's absence, with Fatukasi moving to NT.
He might not be the number 1 WR but in a few seasons he could be the number 2 or 3 if Ridley, Zay, and Kirk leave. As long as those 3 are on the roster, Cooks ain’t sniffing WR1.
Pages: 1 2 3