Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Old Rivalry Game. Pittsburgh talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
These games are always fun. I used to hate Hines Ward and Jerome Bettis and them boys. 

Any given day boys. One at a time. This is a AFC game and we need everything we can get.
Way back when the jags and Steelers were in the same division.
We could lose the game and I'd be okay with it. Feel like a slump is going to happen and I'd rather it happen before the playoffs. Need to get healthy, rest and come back regrouped and ready to push for glory.
(10-20-2023, 01:55 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]We could lose the game and I'd be okay with it. Feel like a slump is going to happen and I'd rather it happen before the playoffs.  Need to get healthy, rest and come back regrouped and ready to push for glory.

We could of lost any of the last 4.  Outside the Colts game lol.  We have there number at home
(10-20-2023, 01:55 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]We could lose the game and I'd be okay with it. Feel like a slump is going to happen and I'd rather it happen before the playoffs.  Need to get healthy, rest and come back regrouped and ready to push for glory.

No thanks. Need to be greedy like the chiefs.
the 07 snow game with Freddy T was one of my favorites, then of course we go BACK and kick their butts in the playoffs
I'd like to get a ein against the steelers. After this game and the bye we play the niners, 2 division games, then the bengals, browns, and ravens. That's a tough stretch.
I feel like this team always come back strong after the London trips
This stretch of only 1 game for the next 20 odd something days is actually pretty nice, players can rest up and coaches have plenty of time for game planning. Then we only travel out of state once in November to Houston. This schedule has really favored Jacksonville.

On the flip side too much downtime could impact a team by losing it's momentum or stride or whatever you wanna call it.

But I'm glad it's pitt at pitt because we love spoiling the fun up there
I remember the first time we played the Steelers back in 1995.  It was in our stadium.  Last second heroics by safety Harry Colon (yes, that was his actual name ) preserved the win.  That was so fantastic.  It was our first season and we had beaten the legendary Pittsburgh Steelers. 
We marched out of the stadium chanting,  "Super Bowl!  Super Bowl!"  Then we won two out of our next 10 games.  But that was a great moment. 
I don't know how many of you young whippersnappers are old enough to remember that.
(10-20-2023, 02:41 AM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]the 07 snow game with Freddy T was one of my favorites, then of course we go BACK and kick their butts in the playoffs

I liked the 2000 game where Fred went for 234 rushing with 4 total TDs.
My favorite was a Monday Night Game in September, 2006, against the defending Super Bowl Champion Steelers, in Jax. Jag management handed out white styrofoam tubes, about 3 feet long, before the game , to counteract the Steeler fans’ Terrible Towels. We shut them out 9-0 and the Jag fans all took their white tubes and formed them into “ zeroes “ , on national tv, at the end of the game.
One of my favorite Jags-Steelers moments is when Fournette waved on Mitchell to bring the hit. It wasn't a significant play but for a rookie at the time to say I want that smoke, and Mitchell got very emotional after that play just let everyone know he got under his skin. Fournette even got back up and got in his face like it was nothing. And then he runs a 90 yard TD with 2 minutes left in the game!
(10-20-2023, 01:06 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]These games are always fun. I used to hate Hines Ward and Jerome Bettis and them boys. 

Any given day boys. One at a time. This is a AFC game and we need everything we can get.

....used to?

Bettis is fine, Ward is a sweaty scrotum.
(10-20-2023, 02:41 AM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]the 07 snow game with Freddy T was one of my favorites, then of course we go BACK and kick their butts in the playoffs

I was at that game, it was fun, cold as hell though lol
(10-20-2023, 07:46 AM)NCJAGFAN1949 Wrote: [ -> ]My favorite was a Monday Night Game in September, 2006, against the defending Super Bowl Champion Steelers, in Jax. Jag management handed out white styrofoam tubes, about 3 feet long, before the game , to counteract the Steeler fans’ Terrible Towels. We shut them out 9-0  and the Jag fans all took their white tubes and formed them into “ zeroes “ , on national tv, at the end of the game.

I remember that. The camera was showing the fans and then had to quickly pan away when one wag formed two into the shape of a vajayjay around his face while flicking his tongue.
(10-20-2023, 07:58 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: [ -> ]One of my favorite Jags-Steelers moments is when Fournette waved on Mitchell to bring the hit. It wasn't a significant play but for a rookie at the time to say I want that smoke, and Mitchell got very emotional after that play just let everyone know he got under his skin. Fournette even got back up and got in his face like it was nothing. And then he runs a 90 yard TD with 2 minutes left in the game!
Yeah. That was pretty cool. I remember that.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
(10-20-2023, 07:46 AM)NCJAGFAN1949 Wrote: [ -> ]My favorite was a Monday Night Game in September, 2006, against the defending Super Bowl Champion Steelers, in Jax. Jag management handed out white styrofoam tubes, about 3 feet long, before the game , to counteract the Steeler fans’ Terrible Towels. We shut them out 9-0  and the Jag fans all took their white tubes and formed them into “ zeroes “ , on national tv, at the end of the game.

The wiggle sticks! Laughing
(10-20-2023, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

I remember that. The camera was showing the fans and then had to quickly pan away when one wag formed two into the shape of a vajayjay around his face while flicking his tongue.

[Image: cIVaaOU.gif]
The foam sticks (not sure if the same thing as the wiggle sticks) against the clots was a pretty epic tv moment as well.

(10-20-2023, 10:08 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2023, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I remember that. The camera was showing the fans and then had to quickly pan away when one wag formed two into the shape of a vajayjay around his face while flicking his tongue.

[Image: cIVaaOU.gif]

That's the clip, but that game was against the clots not the squeelers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9