Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texas Revolts, sends clear message to Biden and the Feds.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Texas immigration bill allowing local police to arrest migrants clears state house

House Bill 4 empowers state police to arrest and deport illegal migrants without federal authorities

The Texas state House of Representatives passed three bills Thursday morning intended to bolster border security. 
One bill sets aside over $1 billion to construct border barriers, and the second increases sentences for human trafficking.
The third — known as House Bill 4 — would allow local police to arrest and deport illegal migrants.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-immigra...tate-house
They need to do something. Waiting on DC to do anything will result in problems compounding upon themselves more than they already are.
Although I sympathize with them, and think our border is way out of control, I don't see how a state government can legally enforce federal law.
I thought Kamala fixed this stuff and moved on to restoring peace in the middle east. I mean, she was placed in charge of immigration and did make 1 trip to El Paso two years ago so she obviously did everything she possibly could.
Texas - where folks want to ban abortion and birth control but rank 28th in educating children
(10-27-2023, 08:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Although I sympathize with them, and think our border is way out of control, I don't see how a state government can legally enforce federal law.

Who is going to stop them?

(10-28-2023, 05:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Texas - where folks want to ban abortion and birth control but rank 28th in educating children

And how much of that ranking is A. the result of left sampling and B. an inordinate amount of illegals?

That's right, pretty much all of it.
(10-27-2023, 08:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Although I sympathize with them, and think our border is way out of control, I don't see how a state government can legally enforce federal law.

Their border their rules. They have every right to build a wall to slow down the crime, drugs, and human trafficking coming in through their state.
(10-28-2023, 10:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Their border their rules. They have every right to build a wall to slow down the crime, drugs, and human trafficking coming in through their state.

They don't and every citizen also doesn't have any rights within something like 50-100 miles of the border. Way too much was given up to the feds.

I haven't read much on this to see how they will actually do something but they really don't have the power to deport anyone. They can arrest them, detain them, put them in jail if they make it a state crime, or drive them to the border and tell them to leave. They can't force them to though.

The wall would have to be outside the "border" as defined by cbp. They already remove the barb wire and would do so with anything else.

I think this is setup so they can win in court and we all pay the state money for the feds not doing their job. No matter what, it will be tied up in court for a while.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Again, how are they going to stop them? Arrest the Governor? It's past time that the power of the People be exerted against the federal crime syndicate.
(10-28-2023, 05:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Texas - where folks want to ban abortion and birth control but rank 28th in educating children

I put no stock in that.  Recently a group came out and said Florida was near the top based on certain test scores, then another outfit said Florida was near the bottom based on funding and other metrics.  There are huge regional variations within both Florida and Texas as you know. 

But even more to the point, no matter how well our society does educating kids, one state or another will rank 50th.  50th ain't bad if all 50 are good.
(10-29-2023, 07:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Again, how are they going to stop them? Arrest the Governor? It's past time that the power of the People be exerted against the federal crime syndicate.

Some illegal immigrant will find some lawyer, funded by some illegal-immigrant-defense-fund, and take it to court, and that will be the end of it.

Rule #1 in the Liberal Handbook, "If you can't defend your position, attack in an unrelated direction".  How are abortion and child education relevant in a discussion on border security?

P.S.  Will arresting and deporting illegal immigrants rank them #1 in protecting their citizens?
(10-29-2023, 08:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 07:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Again, how are they going to stop them? Arrest the Governor? It's past time that the power of the People be exerted against the federal crime syndicate.

Some illegal immigrant will find some lawyer, funded by some illegal-immigrant-defense-fund, and take it to court, and that will be the end of it.

Right, right. And when the Court can't enforce that order what are they going to do? The Court's power only exists so long as the Executive complies. We're reaching the point where the compliance is going to start being in doubt.
(10-29-2023, 08:15 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]

Rule #1 in the Liberal Handbook, "If you can't defend your position, attack in an unrelated direction".  How are abortion and child education relevant in a discussion on border security?

P.S.  Will arresting and deporting illegal immigrants rank them #1 in protecting their citizens?

I was just making fun of Texas in general

I doubt the state actually does much in the end to alter immigration at it's border, and i doubt that has even a marginal effect on the safety of its citizens.
This is mostly political posturing.
(10-29-2023, 08:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 08:15 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]Rule #1 in the Liberal Handbook, "If you can't defend your position, attack in an unrelated direction".  How are abortion and child education relevant in a discussion on border security?

I doubt the state actually does much in the end to alter immigration at it's border, and i doubt that has even a marginal effect on the safety of its citizens.

Lots of northern liberals made fun of Texas right up until the problem landed at their gates.
(10-29-2023, 08:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 08:15 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]Rule #1 in the Liberal Handbook, "If you can't defend your position, attack in an unrelated direction".  How are abortion and child education relevant in a discussion on border security?

That's okay, I do the same with Liberals.

Stemming the ever-burgeoning flow of immigrants is an overwhelming task, but someone has to try.  The inaction of the Federal government under Biden's leadership (now there's an oxymoron for you), has only exacerbated the problem.
(10-29-2023, 09:21 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 08:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I was just making fun of Texas in general

That's okay, I do the same with Liberals.

Stemming the ever-burgeoning flow of immigrants is an overwhelming task, but someone has to try.  The inaction of the Federal government under Biden's leadership (now there's an oxymoron for you), has only exacerbated the problem.

Overpopulation and a rise in refugee numbers have exacerbated the problem everywhere. Not just at our southern border. Every country seen as a better opportunity for people struggling to get by is experiencing this. 

You've just allowed the talking heads to convince you that it's our administration that is screwing it up. 

Transitioning from the country that welcomes the world to a land of opportunity into a place with closed or heavily regulated borders is no small feat and it isn't going to happen rapidly under any administration. We can't even get legislators to agree on any measures to curb it. 

Trump was in office for 4 years and despite a number of poorly formed efforts - nothing actually changed besides separating thousands of children from their families and locking them in cages. That was awesome. 

Don't fall for the political stunts that flash on the "news" about a plane full of immigrants sent here or there. The problem is planetary in size and the changes within our gridlocked system will be glacial in pace under any administration.
lolololololol
(10-29-2023, 10:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 09:21 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]That's okay, I do the same with Liberals.

Overpopulation and a rise in refugee numbers have exacerbated the problem everywhere. Not just at our southern border. Every country seen as a better opportunity for people struggling to get by is experiencing this. 

You've just allowed the talking heads to convince you that it's our administration that is screwing it up. 

Transitioning from the country that welcomes the world to a land of opportunity into a place with closed or heavily regulated borders is no small feat and it isn't going to happen rapidly under any administration. We can't even get legislators to agree on any measures to curb it. 

Trump was in office for 4 years and despite a number of poorly formed efforts - nothing actually changed besides separating thousands of children from their families and locking them in cages. That was awesome. 

Don't fall for the political stunts that flash on the "news" about a plane full of immigrants sent here or there. The problem is planetary in size and the changes within our gridlocked system will be glacial in pace under any administration.

Both parties have a significant number of legislators who will say whatever their base wants to hear on the immigration issue, but never change anything.  They are on the payroll of companies that hire meatpackers, hotel workers, landscapers, fruit and vegetable pickers, and all manner of people with ambiguous immigration status.  Those companies and their lobbying groups just want the broken system to stay broken.  And they play both sides.  They pay right wingers to deride common sense solutions as too generous and then they pay left wingers to deride the same solutions as too mean.
Mikey gets it?
Pages: 1 2