Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Predictions for remainder of 2023-24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Following yesterday's debacle against the 49er's, how have our expectations for the remainder of the 2023-24 season changed? Mine have certainly changed since, prior to yesterday, I felt the Jaguars were a lock to win the AFC South, get a playoff bye and make it to the AFC Championship game vs. the Chiefs (likely losing). Now, it is very realistic to believe the Jaguars could actually lose the AFC South to the Texans and have to fight for a wild-card spot along with the Bills, Browns, Dolphins and Steelers. No doubt, as fans we have the tendency to overreact based on one very bad game. We did just have a 5 game winning streak including victories against the Bills and Steelers, two good teams to be sure. Based on these facts, I see the remainder of this season playing out this way:

1. The Texans overtake the Jaguars to win the AFC South. They are for real and have a MUCH easier schedule than the Jaguars. Most likely, the winner of the November 26 game at Houston will determine the AFC South championship.

2. The Jaguars should rebound next week against the Titans and will still be a solid team once Zay Jones returns. They will be capable of beating anyone on their schedule, but their weaknesses ( offensive line and pass rush) will show up against the best teams remaining as they did vs. the 49er's. 

3. Trevor will play much better IF the offensive line shows improvement (a big IF). Hopefully, Baalke will realize that Fortner is a liability and replace him next season.
A line with Little and Harrison at tackles and Ezra Cleveland at left guard should give them a solid foundation. Obviously, center and right guard will need to be addressed in the draft since Scherff is likely to be let go.

4. Finally, the remainder of this season should determine whether Travon Walker should remain at his current position. While he did show up a couple of times yesterday in pass rush, the box score credits him with no TFL, sacks or tackles. The 49er's added Chase Young and Randy Gregory to bolster an already solid defense. The Jaguars were somewhat limited to make a trade due to the Ridley deal, but I'll stand by my desire to obtain Danielle Hunter when they had the chance- even for a 1st rounder. 

5. The Super Bowl will pit the 49er's against the Chiefs after they defeat the Eagles and Ravens in the Championship games. The 49er's will win a close game due to their devastating pass rush.
Cue the Clubber Lane quote in 3...2...1...
Yesterday put my hand over the panic alarm, how the Titans game goes depends on if I press it for the team. In all seriousness, SF is as good as you will play when they're "on" and they certainly were on Sunday. I personally feel if all things are equal, SF is the class of the NFL. If you aren't at your absolute best (clearly, we were not) you're getting blown out. Look at what they did to Dallas.

My adjusted prediction at the bye was 10-7. I had us losing to the Niners, and every remaining AFCN team. I still think that happens. I feel like the only upset we need is over Houston. We take care of business vs a bad Titans team 2x, upset Houston, and split the remaining NFC South opponents. 10-7 should win the division, just hope Houston loses to 1 of the bad teams remaining on their schedule.
Everybody has lost their minds on 1010. Talking about firing Pedersen. Some guy said Lawrence is below average. He was an mvp candidate last year and made the pro bowl, won a playoff game.

A loss is a loss no matter if you lose by 1 or 39.

I’ve sat here since the Brunell, Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor days to be relevant so y’all can’t kill my vibes baby. My team is 6-3 and im chillin’ with the division lead right now.

We all gotta wake up and pay bills tomorrow. BRO CHILL
This game was embarrassing but a wake up call. My guess is the team had a nice long break and they got too complacent. We'll win some more and loss some more, but definitely make the playoffs
10-7 hopefully sneak in as a wild card. Houston will take the division unfortunately
(11-13-2023, 12:24 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Everybody has lost their minds on 1010. Talking about firing Pedersen. Some guy said Lawrence is below average. He was an mvp candidate last year and made the pro bowl, won a playoff game.

I’ve sat here since the Brunell, Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor days to be relevant so y’all can’t kill my vibes baby. My team is 6-3 and im chillin’ with the division lead right now.

What?  Lawrence did not even approach being an MVP candidate last year.  Are you high?  He was also a 3rd alternate to the pro bowl!

He is on pace for 16 TDs this year.  That's abysmal in 2023.
49ers got healthy, and that's what they look like healthy. They destroyed the Cowboys and Steelers. They will most likely beat the Eagles, Ravens and Seahawks down the stretch and end up as the 1 or 2 seed in the NFC. My biggest takeaway from yesterday is that we are a soft, finesse team, especially on offense. We can be bullied. Which doesn't bode well for our upcoming games with the Browns, Ravens, and even the Titans. And we still have the Texans at their house, who look like they could beat anyone on the right Sunday. It is imperative that we sweep the Tacks, and beat the Panthers and Bucs, or it's very possible that we miss the playoffs.
1. Jaguars won't lose another game until either the Baltimore or Cincinatti match-up. They'll ultimately finish 12 - 5 or 13 - 4.

2. Lawrence gets hot starting this Sunday. Something changes in him along with the approach. I think he finishes these next eight games with something close to 18 TD's Vs. 3 turnovers in total.

3. Ridley and Engram takeover in the passing game with the adjustments mentioned above. More motion, more flexing out wide.

4. Defensively Walker finishes with 10+ sacks and gets very streaky, starting this Sunday and next Sunday. He'll single handedly be the reason why we get points by forcing major turnovers on Levis and Stroud.
Hoping for Trevor to go off the next few weeks after playing embarrasingly sunday. Kinda like last year after the L to the Broncos.
(11-13-2023, 12:24 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Everybody has lost their minds on 1010. Talking about firing Pedersen. Some guy said Lawrence is below average. He was an mvp candidate last year and made the pro bowl, won a playoff game.

That's why I don't listen much to local sports talk, with the exception of Jeff Lageman on Tuesdays at 10. Callers who make statements like that about Pederson and Lawrence should be banned from calling so fans won't have to be subjected to such stupidity!
(11-13-2023, 01:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]1. Jaguars won't lose another game until either the Baltimore or Cincinatti match-up. They'll ultimately finish 12 - 5 or 13 - 4.

2. Lawrence gets hot starting this Sunday. Something changes in him along with the approach. I think he finishes these next eight games with something close to 18 TD's Vs. 3 turnovers in total.

3. Ridley and Engram takeover in the passing game with the adjustments mentioned above. More motion, more flexing out wide.

4. Defensively Walker finishes with 10+ sacks and gets very streaky, starting this Sunday and next Sunday. He'll single handedly be the reason why we get points by forcing major turnovers on Levis and Stroud.

As always, I love your optimism and would love for these things to happen! I had to read your Walker prediction twice to make sure I saw it correctlySmile. Would seriously love for that to happen, though!
(11-13-2023, 02:34 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2023, 01:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]1. Jaguars won't lose another game until either the Baltimore or Cincinatti match-up. They'll ultimately finish 12 - 5 or 13 - 4.

As always, I love your optimism and would love for these things to happen! I had to read your Walker prediction twice to make sure I saw it correctlySmile. Would seriously love for that to happen, though!

Have to keep the faith my brother! Still plenty of football left.
Didn't change my expectations. My expectations were fairly down-to-earth and are still attainable. We knew the interior was going to be a question mark, I think that the D has exceeded expectation w/r/t turnovers. The anemic pass rush is on par.

Worry nets you nothing but some indigestion and maybe a gray hair or two.

If you didn't expect a faceplant or two along the journey, you deluded yourself. We will be ok. We won't be great. OK will still get us in the postseason and as we saw last year, anything can happen then.
(11-13-2023, 03:26 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't change my expectations. My expectations were fairly down-to-earth and are still attainable. We knew the interior was going to be a question mark, I think that the D has exceeded expectation w/r/t turnovers. The anemic pass rush is on par.

Worry nets you nothing but some indigestion and maybe a gray hair or two.

If you didn't expect a faceplant or two along the journey, you deluded yourself. We will be ok. We won't be great. OK will still get us in the postseason and as we saw last year, anything can happen then.

I really need to ask D6 when he pops up on here again about his Lions message board or fanbase up there after the Ravens thumped the hell out of them a week or two ago.

They rebounded just fine with a win over the Raiders and a close win over the Chargers. That's how good teams respond.
I thought 11-6 and I still think that at the minimum. Wins against the tittians , tinhorns, bengals, panthers, and Bucs get them there. Losses to the Ravens (revenge for last year on their mind), Browns (similar to SF on the D Line) and tittians make out the 6 Ls. Sweep the tittians and it's 12 wins and I can live with that.
(11-13-2023, 01:09 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: [ -> ]

What?  Lawrence did not even approach being an MVP candidate last year.  Are you high?  He was also a 3rd alternate to the pro bowl!

He is on pace for 16 TDs this year.  That's abysmal in 2023.

Yeah, I am critical of the kid but he's nowhere near MVP good, but he's also not some horrid scrub QB. I am hard on him because the talent is far too great to be producing at his level right now. Idk if the line play has really messed up his mental clock, or maybe the scheme is getting lazy(my guess) and he's just not going through his reads well enough. You see him rush even when he has time, so something is off, that is for sure.
(11-13-2023, 11:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Cue the Clubber Lane quote in 3...2...1...

Busy day.  Sorry I'm late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

I like it, hope it happens, but I don't see it.
(11-13-2023, 04:37 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]

I like it, hope it happens, but I don't see it.

Trying to will this [BLEEP] into existence, man.
Pages: 1 2 3 4