Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Beachum looked good
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First action back against a very good DL, albeit one he's familiar with. He looked good. I don't recall him getting beat once and the knee didn't seem to be bothering him.

He looks like the upgrade I thought he'd be. I was never too worried about his availability, but it looks like he'll be good week 1 for sure. One less OL spot to worry about.
I never thought about Kelvin Beachum being familiar with Cincy's DL. He is simply better at LT than Luke Joeckel. That is, a lot better.

Quote:First action back against a very good DL, albeit one he's familiar with. He looked good. I don't recall him getting beat once and the knee didn't seem to be bothering him.

He looks like the upgrade I thought he'd be. I was never too worried about his availability, but it looks like he'll be good week 1 for sure. One less OL spot to worry about.

I think him looking as good as he did is a bigger positive than Joeckel looking as bad as he did is a negative.

You can patch LG for a season.
Quote:I think him looking as good as he did is a bigger positive than Joeckel looking as bad as he did is a negative.

You can patch LG for a season.

I know what you mean but Zane Beadles never ended up on his butt.
Beachum performance was indeed the most encouraging thing of the night.

Quote:Beachum performance was indeed the most encouraging thing of the night.

Now the question is how will he hold up over the length of the season?
Quote:I know what you mean but Zane Beadles never ended up on his butt.
He tripped over Linder's leg...
Quote:He tripped over Linder's leg...

The DL pushed him down.
Yeah Beachum was one of the few positives of the 1st half. I thought Fowler had a couple nice pass rushes and Odrick had a sack. Julius Thomas had the reception on the very 1st down. No serious injuries either.
Quote:Yeah Beachum was one of the few positives of the 1st half. I thought Fowler had a couple nice pass rushes and Odrick had a sack. Julius Thomas had the reception on the very 1st down. No serious injuries either.

That right there is all I really wanted. The team looked so vanilla last night. I don't think it was very indicative of what we'll be.
Quote:Now the question is how will he hold up over the length of the season?
Eh..good question, we can only hope he will. The guy seems ultra-confident in every interview and so far he's well on schedule so..fingers crossed Smile
Quote:Yeah Beachum was one of the few positives of the 1st half. I thought Fowler had a couple nice pass rushes and Odrick had a sack. Julius Thomas had the reception on the very 1st down. No serious injuries either.

That was a nice catch by Thomas. I liked seeing Fowler as a Jaguar for the first time.
Beachum looked comfortable, and he looked pretty good. I think he will be opening the season at LT. Plus, he got a little chippy. I like we have a LT with a mean streak.
Quote:The DL pushed him down.
I don't care if you're Joke or Bosselli, if you're getting bullrushed by someone as strong as Geno Atkins with a leg behind one of yours, you're gonna wind up on your kiester. 

Quote:That right there is all I really wanted. The team looked so vanilla last night. I don't think it was very indicative of what we'll be.

Collinsworth even mentioned that it seemed like Jax was holding back to hide tape from GB.
Quote:Collinsworth even mentioned that it seemed like Jax was holding back to hide tape from GB.

He could have said the same thing about San Diego and Baltimore. That was an interesting comment.
He looked great. Gave up a few run blocks but what more can you ask from a guy coming off an ACL playing his first real game against a strong D line? He may be our franchise LT.

Beachum looks like the proverbial immovable object.

Quote:Collinsworth even mentioned that it seemed like Jax was holding back to hide tape from GB.

I think he was looking for a reason the offense looked bad.
Honestly, it looked as if the backups had a plan as opposed to the starte starters. Really did look vanilla as most of you said
Pages: 1 2