Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ban the Tush Push?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
CBS reports that Goodell wants to band the tush push. He’s such a lame dude. He needs to have been replaced a long time ago.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/roger...er-report/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eh, I am fine with it, it is such a lame play. This isn't rugby.
I don’t know. I like the play. Too bad no other teams can do it as well as Philly. NFL needs to be more physical again. It’s often too flag footballish.

The way I see it the NFL pretty much has to ban it. It goes against the spirit of what the NFL has been trying to do to make the game safer.

They did similar things with eliminating the wedge on kick-off returns. They'll make some kind of rule the makes the tush push illegal while still making it possible to run the QB sneak.

Just enforcing the assisting the runner rule would be enough. Maybe have the ball spotted at the spot the runner's feet last touched the ground if they don't want to make it a penalty, just stop letting people get yards by being pushed over a pile.
Goodell is a clown.... totally biased and not to be political but he's a liberal which is not good for the NFL....other then that ya it should be totally banned....
End the pushing runners from behind stuff, that's not needed.
(12-03-2023, 06:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]End the pushing runners from behind stuff, that's not needed.

Yup
(12-03-2023, 08:09 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2023, 06:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]End the pushing runners from behind stuff, that's not needed.

Yup

Agreed.
(12-03-2023, 06:30 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Goodell is a clown.... totally biased and not to be political but he's a liberal which is not good for the NFL....other then that ya it should be totally banned....

Correction, for 60+ million a year, a paid for private jet and other fringes Goodell is whatever the owners want him to be.

Don't be fooled.
(12-03-2023, 08:30 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2023, 06:30 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Goodell is a clown.... totally biased and not to be political but he's a liberal which is not good for the NFL....other then that ya it should be totally banned....

Correction, for 60+ million a year, a paid for private jet and other fringes Goodell is whatever the owners want him to be.

Don't be fooled.

Goodell isn't "protecting the shield", he is the shield. 

Kinda reminds me of a great South Park episode about Bono.  lol
(12-03-2023, 08:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2023, 08:09 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Yup

Agreed.

Agree with the agree.
(12-03-2023, 03:17 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]CBS reports that Goodell wants to band the tush push. He’s such a lame dude. He needs to have been replaced a long time ago.

I'm no cosmopolitan, but I've yet to hear how this play differs from any other sneak play, other than the cutesy rhyme for the play call.

I don't see how you can prohibit the play unless you take all sneaks out of the game. Even if there is some nuance to separate push from sneak, it's going to be near impossible to discern the difference in a pile of humanity.
I think it should be up to the recipient as what two consenting adults do behind closed doors is really none of my business.
(12-04-2023, 11:43 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2023, 03:17 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]CBS reports that Goodell wants to band the tush push. He’s such a lame dude. He needs to have been replaced a long time ago.

I'm no cosmopolitan, but I've yet to hear how this play differs from any other sneak play, other than the cutesy rhyme for the play call.

I don't see how you can prohibit the play unless you take all sneaks out of the game. Even if there is some nuance to separate push from sneak, it's going to be near impossible to discern the difference in a pile of humanity.

They managed to tell for nearly 60 years, if an offensive player pushes the ball carrier in the back it's a penalty, be he the QB, RB or WR.
(12-04-2023, 01:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2023, 11:43 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]I'm no cosmopolitan, but I've yet to hear how this play differs from any other sneak play, other than the cutesy rhyme for the play call.

They managed to tell for nearly 60 years, if an offensive player pushes the ball carrier in the back it's a penalty, be he the QB, RB or WR.

Yep. And why is the spike not an intentional grounding penalty? You are inside the hash marks, and theres clearly no receiver in the area, unless a tackle eligible can catch the rebound in his butt cheeks. And even then....
(12-04-2023, 01:43 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2023, 01:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]They managed to tell for nearly 60 years, if an offensive player pushes the ball carrier in the back it's a penalty, be he the QB, RB or WR.

Yep. And why is the spike not an intentional grounding penalty? You are inside the hash marks, and theres clearly no receiver in the area, unless a tackle eligible can catch the rebound in his butt cheeks. And even then....

I think that's more about how the IG rule needs to be fixed than the rule that actually permits the spike.
Remove the tush push and enable the tush throw

Someone like kyler Murray would be a beast at the tush throw, get one of your lineman to pick your qb up, with ball in hand and fling him over the defensive line

Game changer
(12-04-2023, 04:10 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]Remove the tush push and enable the tush throw

Someone like kyler Murray would be a beast at the tush throw, get one of your lineman to pick your qb up, with ball in hand and fling him over the defensive line

Game changer

(12-04-2023, 04:10 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]Remove the tush push and enable the tush throw

Game changer

Sounds like a potential new Olympic event. Sort of like...can I say this?....midget throwing, aka dwarf tossing, back in the day. Really...it was a real thing back in the 80's. And BTW, this is not a commentary on the stature of Kyler.

https://youtu.be/EfhI0bjddK0?feature=shared
Don’t mess with more rule changes. Just leave it alone.
Pages: 1 2