Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Path to The Division Title?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK

The last "path" thread was made moot by a horrible defensive performance on MNF and a rash of injuries about the roster. 

So - is there a path to maintain the division lead and hobble our way into the playoffs?

Browns defense and the Ravens in general are the two toughest elements on the horizon. 

The rest may be winnable despite the injuries. 

Can this team get to 11-6 without TL?
Will that be enough to stave off Houston and Indy? 

In the hangover of a MNF loss, it is hard to be confident. But there may be a way.
(12-05-2023, 12:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]OK

The last "path" thread was made moot by a horrible defensive performance on MNF and a rash of injuries about the roster. 

So - is there a path to maintain the division lead and hobble our way into the playoffs?

Browns defense and the Ravens in general are the two toughest elements on the horizon. 

The rest may be winnable despite the injuries. 

Can this team get top 11-6 without TL?
Will that be enough to stave off Houston and Indy? 

In the hangover of a MNF loss, it is hard to be confident. But there may be a way.

11-6 will be enough to stave off Houston and Indy, unless one of them gets to 12-5.  Because we hold the tiebreaker on both of them.  And that would require them to go 5-0 in the next 5 games.  

But I'm sure you knew that.  

Colts have @Bengals, Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans.  
Texans have @Jets, @Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts.  

We have to hope for a couple of upsets.  Looks like the Texans have the best shot.  They could go 4-1, losing only to the Browns.  But if they do go 4-1, we have to go 3-2 to win the division.  

We can still win the division, but I never thought this team could win the Super Bowl, even before last night.
Should we go ahead and prepare the path to the wildcard thread?
Titans in week 18 looking like a must win now.
(12-05-2023, 12:32 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]Should we go ahead and prepare the path to the wildcard thread?

At least this year, we don't have a "Path to the First Pick in the Draft" thread.
(12-05-2023, 12:32 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]Should we go ahead and prepare the path to the wildcard thread?
Make it so. 
We're all counting on you.
Pick up 2 wins before the titans game and hope for Trevors return
I see one 'certain' win against the Panthers, and i'm hesitant now to say even that. Wild card looks like the most reasonable path.
Yogi Berra first said "It ain't over till it's over" we should all learn from that. (but we won't)
Last night, we needed the D to step up and CJB to handle things offensively. One of the two answered the bell.

The D is going to have to be more aggressive than to sit back and wait for the opposing QB to gift wrap them a play.

We can, but it will require some severe astral alignment.
Three more wins and the AFC South should be ours from what it sounds like on paper. I think they should beat the Buccaneers, Panthers and tacks, at the minimum. Buccaneers will probably put up a hell of a fight though. Mike Evans is a concern with our secondary. For sure.

If they somehow beat Cleveland this Sunday or stun the hell out of Baltimore over the next two weeks? Anything is possible.
You'd like to think we can still beat the Bucs and Panthers so that's one win from Browns, Ravens, T*tans.

You'd like to think we can do that. We need to learn from the Bengals last night. We may be down Lawrence but we still have Etienne, Engram, Ridley, Zay
Defense has to find a way to get back on track. Hopefully the browns don't learn too much from he MNF tape.

OL just absolutely HAS to find a way to get the run game going and take pressure off the QB.
The run blocking is just horrible.

Obviously they need to protect better than they did Monday too, but the run game is totally dead in the water right now.

I pray these coaches and F.O. guys are learning a hard lesson about neglecting the trenches and they alter course on that strategy.
hate to tell you all this,but we are done. no chance of winning division. we lost to a loseing team with a back up qb, and lost serveal of our key players.   

I don't think we can win another game. we  will end season on a 6 game loseing streak. complete oppsiotte of last season ,and Texans will will win division.

oh yes we have lost our starting qb,we are not cabpable of winning games with back up qbs  unless its davied garrard, or Nathen Rourke,but Bearthead stinks,and can't win.
(12-05-2023, 01:21 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]hate to tell you all this,but we are done. no chance of winning division. we lost to a loseing team with a back up qb, and lost serveal of our key players.   

I don't think we can win another game. we  will end season on a 6 game loseing streak. complete oppsiotte of last season ,and Texans will will win division.

You're having an emotional overreaction. 

It is not that bad.
Personally I'm writing off the division unless we hear something magical about Lawrence's injury.

But to play along.... we own tiebreaker against both so we have that one advantage. If either texans/colts win out then we'd have to finish 4-1. I don't envision us doing that however, with it being such an up and down league I have a hard time believing either of those teams goes undefeated either (especially since they play each other one more time so there's a guaranteed loss). It is very plausible and probably most realistic that at least one of them goes 4-1 down the stretch which means we have to go 3-2. Still don't think that is a likely outcome for us. BUT... if we get decent news about Trevor and the timeline is he comes back for lets say the panthers game, the team somehow rallies around Beathard, the defense gets their act together, and we steal a victory against an inconsistent Browns team, then maybe I'd start to have a glimmer of hope again that the division is salvageable.
I think they'll manage three wins. Regardless of the QB situation. I could see Doug and Press letting it all hang out offensively with Beathard.

We might see a wide variety of things called this Sunday. Maybe some tricks. Maybe just straight up 13 personnel with them trying to run it right at somebody, somehow, someway.

I just have faith in this football team. Much like last year. They'll pull through. We may or may not win the division. But, we'll still punch our ticket into the play-off's. I cannot see this team missing the play-off's.
Don't worry fellas, we have the magic on our side now: https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/status/...9977931776
(12-05-2023, 01:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I just have faith in this football team. Much like last year. They'll pull through. We may or may not win the division. But, we'll still punch our ticket into the play-off's. I cannot see this team missing the play-off's.

I think 10 wins gets you into the playoff.  2-3 is possible.  Especially if Trevor can play last game or two.  Without Trevor 2 wins will be tough.  And we'd likely be one and done in the playoffs.
our back up qb isn't a winner   

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask?q=c.j.+...+a+starter

https://www.si.com/cfl/fannation/news/na...le-jaguars

Jags have a better chance of winning games with Rourke

Nathan Rourk
Pages: 1 2 3