Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This team looked shameful in front of a national audience. Starters stunk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What a nightmare of a first half.

-Defensive line got manhandled

-Bortles looked terrible

-Robinson had once catch

-Joeckle was Tina and the bengals were ike

-0 pass rush

-Fowler looked invisible

-Julius Thomas did nothing

-The starting offensive line was horrible at both run and pass

-The defense continued to struggle to get off the field on third down

-We couldn't stop the screen game

So many more nightmares to list.  What a depressing first half to watch.  Couldn't stomach staying for the second half.

That FG was embarrassing too
It was a complete embarrassment. Btw, is Julius Thomas stil on the team?
Quote:It was a complete embarrassment. Btw, is Julius Thomas stil on the team?

He caught a first down. Did you miss it?
Quote:He caught a first down. Did you miss it?

Oh wow, a first down. First thing hes done all preseason.
It's preseason, no reason to overreact.  

Just relax.  Don't get expectations too high.  The team will most likely finish between 6-10 and 8-8.  Better than years past, and at least we have some excitement on offense and the semblance of a defense.  

Next year when we get a head coach, I would not be surprised if we make the playoffs.  Do not get overhyped and think it's happening this year - it ain't.  

Just keeping it real.  

Poz is horrible.  He can't defend against the pass and in this game he couldn't do a thing against the run.  This will be his last season in Jax.  Next year Jack will start at MLB and Pullard will back him up

Quote:It's preseason, no reason to overreact.

Just relax. Don't get expectations too high. The team will most likely finish between 6-10 and 8-8. Better than years past, and at least we have some excitement on offense and the semblance of a defense.

Next year when we get a head coach, I would not be surprised if we make the playoffs. Do not get overhyped and think it's happening this year - it ain't.

Just keeping it real.

6-10 is pushing it.
Quote:Oh wow, a first down. First thing hes done all preseason.

It's preseason dude. Calm down.
Lol
This thread is my paranoid side. This game made me want to panic, but then you realize its just preseason and the offensive playcalls were suspect. I think they were experimenting out there a little and they found out the hard way some they didn't work. You can't fault the defense for being put in a terrible spot on the 1st drive either. Good offenses will turn that field position into a TD more times than not. In all honesty the defense settled down a bit and stopped the bleeding. Baby steps, its just preseason. Save the inaugural trip to the Modis for the games that count. 

[Image: 200_s.gif]

no Roy Miller, holes were there that shouldn't be because they started a guy thats not going to make the team.  The Bengals Dline gave us fits and they have a pretty good Oline so I'm not too worried on the passrush issue.  I'm going to chalk this game up to sloppy preseason.

Quote:It's preseason, no reason to overreact.  

Just relax.  Don't get expectations too high.  The team will most likely finish between 6-10 and 8-8.  Better than years past, and at least we have some excitement on offense and the semblance of a defense.  

Next year when we get a head coach, I would not be surprised if we make the playoffs.  Do not get overhyped and think it's happening this year - it ain't.  

Just keeping it real.  

You are not keeping it real. Did you see how weak our schedule is between Green Bay and Kansas City?
The first team performance tonight was dreadful, but if they were going to all mentally check out for a game I'd rather it be an exhibition game. As for all the venomous comments about everything and everyone on the Jags, wow, I think some of our fans need to abandon watching this team and take up something less stressful like finger painting
Quote:You are not keeping it real. Did you see how weak our schedule is between Green Bay and Kansas City?
No team is weak in this league. Some are just better than others, and the Titans are arguably the worst in the league (next to the Browns), yet we lost to them last year.

Quote:It was a complete embarrassment. Btw, is Julius Thomas stil on the team?

He's taking a vacation with his free agent contract
I wish some of yall would understand what the preseason is for. we have seen the offense throw the ball around and be good. this was the first time to have the offensive line in as it would appear in the reg season, so they took the opportunity to run run run to get the offensive line some snaps to get some cohesion to it. this was a planned to give the off line work in the run game which is why arob only caught 1 pass the objective for the preseason games is to get the starters ready for the season.

Quote:I wish some of yall would understand what the preseason is for. we have seen the offense throw the ball around and be good. this was the first time to have the offensive line in as it would appear in the reg season, so they took the opportunity to run run run to get the offensive line some snaps to get some cohesion to it. this was a planned to give the off line work in the run game which is why arob only caught 1 pass the objective for the preseason games is to get the starters ready for the season.

Lol, cohesion, that's what practice is for
Quote:Lol, cohesion, that's what practice is for

And preseason. I mean this was Beachum's first live action was it not? This was Luke's first live action at Guard was it not? Did I miss something where preseason games count?
Pages: 1 2 3 4